Pikes 2019

nice! if it's just a cheeky edit, I'm sure it will leak out at some point - my guess is Roger Taylor vetoed any official re-release.

strong track selection. need to sort out a spotify at some point - unless anyone else wants to go first?
I started one when we came back and have been adding to it when I could.
Few of the versions aren’t the correct ones due to not being on Spotify but you get the idea ?

The Ub40 track was played around the pool around 8.30pm sounded perfect.

Feel free to contribute!

ok, with Will Powers, it wasn't the actual original (dub or spoken)

it sounded more recent - slowish house track keeping the main riff (??)

I don't think it was this as this is just a loop of the og

Found this facebook reaction on the KoD page (translated):
Embarrassing that you cancel the party like this for everyone and it's only private for a few ... those of us who couldn't go yesterday we stayed in the street ...

What a disrespectful shit. Of course, the knife in us decent folk's collective side is that this kind of behaviour is exactly the reason why door pickers and lists exist in the first place.

Another case of a few idiots ruining it for the decent majority.

What a disrespectful shit. Of course, the knife in us decent folk's collective side is that this kind of behaviour is exactly the reason why door pickers and lists exist in the first place.

Agree, although I would have thought (hoped) that the security would have stopped such a thing.

Yeah. This sucks for the decent crowd that had planned to go tonight. We still dont know anything for sure, but it's surely looking like stuff went wrong around Pikes yesterday...I've re-read the cancellation message and KoD is saying: Pikes has decided to cancel the event.

Trying to find one track from Harvey's closing. Only got the lyric to go by " i need somebody.... Somebody like you ". May have been a disco edit..

Found this facebook reaction on the KoD page (translated):
Embarrassing that you cancel the party like this for everyone and it's only private for a few ... those of us who couldn't go yesterday we stayed in the street ...

Apologies if I am being obtuse, what is the KOD page and who was meant to be playing when cancelled? What does this message mean? I saw the Pikes message and thought a strange way to say an event was cancelled, so more to it.

Apologies if I am being obtuse, what is the KOD page and who was meant to be playing when cancelled? What does this message mean? I saw the Pikes message and thought a strange way to say an event was cancelled, so more to it.
seems the Tuesday part went ahead but the Wednesday cancelled
Screenshot_20191010-141820.png

Keep on Dancing facebook page. So Pikes hosted it, but KoD were the (at least co-) organizers. Definitely more to it, but we might never fully know.

Back