Pikes 2019

Thanks to white isle calling went last night as a relatively low key alternative to Cocoon. Was extremely busy, almost impossible to get anywhere near Freddie’s at points. My first time at Pikes and have to say ended the night slightly underwhelmed, can see the appeal to some but not particularly my taste musically (although a few brilliant tracks from harvey admittedly) or vibe wise. Think that may be an issue of taste as much as anything though.

Thanks to white isle calling went last night as a relatively low key alternative to Cocoon. Was extremely busy, almost impossible to get anywhere near Freddie’s at points. My first time at Pikes and have to say ended the night slightly underwhelmed, can see the appeal to some but not particularly my taste musically (although a few brilliant tracks from harvey admittedly) or vibe wise. Think that may be an issue of taste as much as anything though.
probably far too busy. I wish they would put a cap on numbers there

probably far too busy. I wish they would put a cap on numbers there

Yeah, they let far too many people in without a doubt and spoke to a few pikes regulars who said it was the busiest they had ever seen it aside from Halloween.

when it gets bottle-necked it is horrific - luckily it doesn't occur to a lot of people to try the back side door through the other garden

Yeah, they let far too many people in without a doubt and spoke to a few pikes regulars who said it was the busiest they had ever seen it aside from Halloween.
when it gets bottle-necked it is horrific - luckily it doesn't occur to a lot of people to try the back side door through the other garden

I just dont get it? Its guestlist only so would be easy to manage.

they would probably calculate capacity including the various outdoor bits too but obv there will be points when everyone rushes to the dancefloor, usually first couple of hours - personally I would start charging to ensure a more committed crowd

anyone go last night? reports?

Me and the mrs went. Arrived about 9.30pm for poolside drinks. Being 48 i always keep an eye on the crowd but it was a good mix of young and old.

Was very busy but when the bell rung we where among the first one in so had a nice spot.

Gotta say it waa a musical masterclass from Harvey pretty much all night. I like the venue and have always preferred a small room with a low roof. Keeps it intimate. Would have liked to get hold of some of the tracks he played but the phone stayed firmly in the pocket as it was all to good not to drink in.

Clubbing and music at its finest for myself.

Me and the mrs went. Arrived about 9.30pm for poolside drinks. Being 48 i always keep an eye on the crowd but it was a good mix of young and old.

Was very busy but when the bell rung we where among the first one in so had a nice spot.

Gotta say it waa a musical masterclass from Harvey pretty much all night. I like the venue and have always preferred a small room with a low roof. Keeps it intimate. Would have liked to get hold of some of the tracks he played but the phone stayed firmly in the pocket as it was all to good not to drink in.

Clubbing and music at its finest for myself.

nice one moondust! glad you enjoyed - sounds like we're on same wavelength :)

ALBUM_PHOTO-990000079e04513c.jpg

The Sound of Mercury Rising Vol. II
DJ Harvey's Mercury Rising at Pikes Ibiza celebrated its 5th summer of intimate parties in Freddies. In loving memory of Tony Pike, Harvey has compiled his second collection of music inspired by and that represents the party.
Never Mind the Balearics here is DJ Harvey's The Sound of Mercury Rising Volume II.
BUY / STREAM NOW

PIKES_PODCAST_COVER_LANDSCAPE-4c2abd94b4ca3a44.jpg

The Pikes Podcast:
Episode V

Spend an evening with Pikes' Creative Director, Dawn Hindle as she takes you on a journey through DJ Harvey's legendary Monday night residency, Mercury Rising. Setting up shop by the iconic pool where the Club Tropicana video was shot, throughout the episode, Dawn is joined by Heidi Lawden, Lovefingers, Camilo Miranda, Artwork, Andy Carroll and Andy Barton.
APPLE PODCASTS
SPOTIFY

PIKESMAILER_30-9900000451028a3c.JPG

It’s no surprise that this grinning duo – renowned as two of the world’s most notorious ladies’ men – found each other in Ibiza during the 80s and became such good friends. Julio Iglesias’s smouldering Latin looks and seductive manner were matched by Tony’s raw and rugged Aussie charm and charisma. If only we could have been a fly on the wall when they were out on the prowl together in Ibiza (or perhaps better not!).

This weeks event highlights...

PIKES19_FLASH-963e8c91bbc96b20.jpg

Flash presents Savage Disco | Closing Party
THURSDAY 3RD OCTOBER 2019
featuring... Jonjo Jury, Guy Williams
& more

Gay, straight, don't knows... Who cares! Be yourself and no one else at Flash's final Pikes party of the summer. They welcome East London's late night naughty disco, Savage for one last dance.
REQUEST GUESTLIST

PIKES19_RN_1080x1080-1b4fbc9a79c6aadd.jpg

Rock Nights:
Very Special Closing

FRIDAY 4TH OCTOBER 2019
featuring... Montana Brothers, El Cartel & more

Expect a whole lotta rock ‘n roll with a huge dash of Hollywood Western as we welcome back the Rock Nights crew for one final takeover of Pikes this summer.
REQUEST GUESTLIST

See our full event calendar here.

From our blog...

pikes-blog-duty-managers-2019-01-990000079e04513c.jpg

Tour of Duty: Meet the Soldiers On the Pikes Frontline
Meet our duty managers, Pablo & Jota... Two people on the Pikes frontline dedicated to keeping our chaos organised both during the day and at night.
READ ALL ABOUT IT

When we walked in Harvey was there waiting for us all to arrive. Kicked off with some soul inc Barry White. Totally felt like he was there to entertain us and not about himself. Was great stuff Kim.
We were some of the first in the room the other week when we went, sounds like he kicks off every week pretty similar as he played Barry white then, also remember the spinners could it be I’m falling in love early on. His Instagram stories feature stuff he regularly plays (people filming it) good for remembering tracks

hi @Girard do you remember him playing a pretty long, psychedelic track that went on for about 8-10? minutes, with synths, guitars and gated drum effects? (although I might have imagined that!) sounded like the sort of thing rub'n'tug did years ago - it was about half way through the night. been bugging me for weeks!

hi @Girard do you remember him playing a pretty long, psychedelic track that went on for about 8-10? minutes, with synths, guitars and gated drum effects? (although I might have imagined that!) sounded like the sort of thing rub'n'tug did years ago - it was about half way through the night. been bugging me for weeks!

@Kim Wrong Un Ah, a fellow track spotter ? I wish I could help but unfortuanately I can't remember. I tried to work out some using Shazam on his Insta stories and it gave me these: 'Entre Dos Aguas (The Night Time Mix)' by Raul Orellana and 'Voyager 2' by Paul Epworth. Not 100% sure these are correct but they sound like they fit.

@Kim Wrong Un Ah, a fellow track spotter ? I wish I could help but unfortuanately I can't remember. I tried to work out some using Shazam on his Insta stories and it gave me these: 'Entre Dos Aguas (The Night Time Mix)' by Raul Orellana and 'Voyager 2' by Paul Epworth. Not 100% sure these are correct but they sound like they fit.

neither of those - but both awesome tunes. thanks anyway :)

Sounds like the Mildlife track on the new comp? Magnificent Moon?

Back