Pikes 2019

Was taking a look at getting Pikes booked for next years stay... so much of June blocked out for private events!
What's everyones thoughts about this kind of thing?

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-12-00-22-PM.png
[/url]
https://imgbb.com/
It’s the prices that I would be concerned about?

PIKES19_FR_1080x1080-990000079e04513c.jpg

Get ready to Freddie!
We invite you once again to the annual, ‘Freddie For A Day’ fundraiser… FREDDIE ROCKS!
Back for it’s 9th summer, we see Freddie Rocks at Pikes as an annual party that truly puts the ‘fun’ in fundraising, as international and local DJs, Ibiza residents, holidaymakers and the entire Pikes family all come together to make a contribution to the foundation while honouring our late great hero in a way we believe would have made him break into that signature grin.
FIND OUT MORE

pikes-freddie-rocks-2019-07-1024x682-6044b8038b8bd05c.jpg

Enter the Raffle
London artist, sign painter and glass gilder Alex May Hughes has donated a very special Freddie Mercury inspired piece to be raffled off as part of this years event. The best part, you don't have to be there to enter or win!
RAFFLE TICKETS

CHOOSE-LOVE-IMAD-9900000451028a3c.jpg

Choose Love
We're delighted to have our Choose Love event back at our house on Tuesday 20th August. Starting the evening with Imad's Syrian Kitchen, a delicious 3-course home cooked feast, followed by Louie & Anane Vega in Freddies.
Our Choose Love nights are all in aid of Help Refugees.
FIND OUT MORE

GRACE_1080x720-9900000451028a3c.jpg

Grace Neutral's
Femme Fatale

If you’ve been thinking about inking, put Wednesday September 4, 2019 at Pikes in your diaries now, because for one day only we’ll be joined by the talented chicas from Grace Neutral’s Femme Fatale Tattoo Studio for an exclusive pop up.
FIND OUT MORE

This weeks event highlight...

PIKES19_HOUSE_ANNOUNCE_1080x1080-990000079e028a3c.jpg

Pikes House Party with
PBR Streetgang

Join us for a heady night of unmissable intrigue, style and magic this Saturday as we're joined by PBR Streetgang, Tom Grainger, Buckley & more. Our residenct entertainers, artists and performers will weave together an unforgettable night!
REQUEST GUESTLIST

See our full event calendar here.

From our blog...

IRVINE5-990000079e04513c.jpg

Irvine Welsh: Writing Wrongs
Irvine Welsh doesn’t need too much of an introduction does he? As a long term friend of Pikes, we were over the moon when he came out to be part of the inaugural Pikes Literary Festival last year, organised by fellow Scottish author, Neil Forsyth. The Literary Festival is back again this year and Irvine will be returning for it. So we thought we’d have a catch up on writing, tigers in pubs and Acid House.
READ ALL ABOUT IT

Follow Us On Instagram
Stay up to date with all the latest happenings including updates, announcements, our cats, food, cocktails, stories & more.
FOLLOW

Follow Us On Spotify
The sounds of Pikes all in one place. From playlists curated by artists to playlists inspired by our guests, get your fix of Pikes through our Spotify channel.
FOLLOW

Because I emailed and asked
Prices do look like they’ve jumped up by quite a bit. We went on weekend this year in May and the prices you’ve posted are about 25% more. I’ve also noticed that whilst the majority of the stuff posted on TripAdvisor is positive I did see a comment on there from a ‘regular’ saying they were getting priced out.

The big blocked out bits in June are a bit frustrating, especially as it’s pretty much wiped out all the weekends.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. We wanted to book through to the 6th June but we will now need to check out on the 4th and find somewhere else for a couple days.

I know from last year how much it costs to private hire the entire place (and it isn't pretty, exactly why we didn't end up doing it) so if they have these people that are willing to pay the money then I guess they say 'why not'.

I think some people hold certain weekends for events etc and then confirm later, so not necessarily booked on all dates. That’s what happened to us last year anyway as our weekend became available later.

Regarding price, it has gone up year on year and add to that the pound to euro conversion, things are starting to get really expensive. Also, no discount on drinks and food when you stay there, so it can end up costing you a few quid.

The last couple of years we haven’t left Pikes, so save on taxis and club fees etc (that’s sort of how we justify it) Years gone by we used to stay for 7 or 14 night, just a long weekend these days.

We have discussed as a group that we may explore other options next year as prices don’t reflect what you get.

Also remember when we first went you used to get a gold Pikes card that gave you free entry to all the clubs on the island. That made things reasonable (think I still have them somewhere, will need to have a look)

I think some people hold certain weekends for events etc and then confirm later, so not necessarily booked on all dates. That’s what happened to us last year anyway as our weekend became available later.

Regarding price, it has gone up year on year and add to that the pound to euro conversion, things are starting to get really expensive. Also, no discount on drinks and food when you stay there, so it can end up costing you a few quid.

The last couple of years we haven’t left Pikes, so save on taxis and club fees etc (that’s sort of how we justify it) Years gone by we used to stay for 7 or 14 night, just a long weekend these days.

We have discussed as a group that we may explore other options next year as prices don’t reflect what you get.
There was a drinks discount when we went. 15% I think. Nothing on food though.

Surely they aren't militant about buying in your own drinks from the supermarket and bringing them down into the venue though??

Back