Pikes 2019

LiteraryFestival2019-9900000000079e3c.jpg

After the success of last year’s first edition we are delighted to announce that our Pikes Ibiza Literary Festival will return this year for a 3 day celebration of great literature, music, film and food on the 10-12 September 2019.
With days covering both the best of British and Spanish writing prepare to immerse yourself in author discussion panels, interviews, creative writing & publishing workshops, poetry readings and exclusive film screenings.
FIND OUT MORE

Headlined by
Irvine Welsh | Leslie Ash | Mark Wingett
Carl Barat (The Libertines) | Linda Quinn

plus
Stephen Armstrong | Matt Trollope | Jaqi Loye Brown | Debby Lee | Ana Olivia Fiol | Alberto Garcia Alix | Cristina Amanda Tur | Dani El Rojo | Ray Loriga
& many more

LIT-FEST-9900000000079e3c.gif

So whether you’re an established writer, a budding writer, a frustrated writer, a talented writer, a terrible writer or simply possess an appreciation for the written word, we’d like to invite you to join us for what we believe is set to be one of the most sought-after and below-the-radar cultural events in Europe this summer.
BUY TICKETS

Yes. It was ace! Crowd so much better than the opening last summer. They were being militant on the door. Some pretty stunning women getting turned away because they weren't on the list. Felt like a real industry get together inside and it was far from over subscribed. Plenty of space at the back of Freddies and service within a few minutes at the bar. Couldn't fault the track selection. It was both obscure and flamboyant. The only record I knew:

One for the guilty pleasures thread? Bananarama were my first love, in the sense I used to dance around the living room as a toddler to them!!

The night was indeed very good with a great vibe, contemplating about attending again next week as opposed to Cocoon.

Other memorable tracks from the opening, some of them also guilty pleasures:

Barry White - Let The Music Play
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
Mr Jools - D.A.N.C.E
Kapote - Jaas Func House
Queen - You Don't Fool Me

The night was indeed very good with a great vibe, contemplating about attending again next week as opposed to Cocoon.

Other memorable tracks from the opening, some of them also guilty pleasures:

Barry White - Let The Music Play
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
Mr Jools - D.A.N.C.E
Kapote - Jaas Func House
Queen - You Don't Fool Me

He's really been rinsing 'you don't fool me' this summer. I bought it years ago on a purple cd single after seeing the video on catalan music tv. A beautiful, haunting record which Freddie M wrote when he was dying. Similar chords to 'smalltown boy'. And which I imagine sounded amazing.

Harvey is the master of resusitating long forgotten records & turning o'wise cheesy tracks into really warm collective moments.

LiteraryFestival2019-9900000000079e3c.jpg

After the success of last year’s first edition we are delighted to announce that our Pikes Ibiza Literary Festival will return this year for a 3 day celebration of great literature, music, film and food on the 10-12 September 2019.
With days covering both the best of British and Spanish writing prepare to immerse yourself in author discussion panels, interviews, creative writing & publishing workshops, poetry readings and exclusive film screenings.
FIND OUT MORE

Headlined by
Irvine Welsh | Leslie Ash | Mark Wingett
Carl Barat (The Libertines) | Linda Quinn

plus
Stephen Armstrong | Matt Trollope | Jaqi Loye Brown | Debby Lee | Ana Olivia Fiol | Alberto Garcia Alix | Cristina Amanda Tur | Dani El Rojo | Ray Loriga
& many more

LIT-FEST-9900000000079e3c.gif

So whether you’re an established writer, a budding writer, a frustrated writer, a talented writer, a terrible writer or simply possess an appreciation for the written word, we’d like to invite you to join us for what we believe is set to be one of the most sought-after and below-the-radar cultural events in Europe this summer.
BUY TICKETS
Cats eyes, Lee Chapman, Leslie Ash?

Got guest list for PBR Streetgang on Saturday but never been to Pikes. Can you still have a wander round and drink outside from say 11 or is it literally everyone packed into Freddie’s?

If you have dinner at Pikes, does that guarantee you entry into an event at Freddies that evening? Is the guestlist just for people who want to go for the party but not to eat?

Not sure if mentioned on here yet, but the Choose Love date in September (17th) is with Denis Sulta and Mella Dee.

Oh man I leave that day! Should be great, would do it over Resistance closing since I would have already done Resistance earlier in the month

All Bullshit.. Bring on Zee Druumzzzzz.. If they supported a prison library fund I would have no problem.. But listening to some carcass of an author reading from a book he can't remember even writing is not my Ibiza ?

Back