Pikes 2018

I'm excited for my first Pikes experience in a couple of weeks - going for dinner for husband's birthday followed by DJ Harvey. What sort of thing do people usually wear? I'm female, and not sure how dressy I should be. Usually when I go out clubbing in Ibiza I wear nice-ish trainers to save my feet and relatively casual - but as we're doing dinner first and it's a birthday do I want to look nice but not like an overdressed twat. Be good to know how dressed up the general clientele are in there.

I was wondering the same thing with regards to the dress code, we have our first Pikes experience in October (a saturday night) and I have no idea what to wear!! when we signed up for guest list it stated dress code was "dress like you belong here....no beachwear or flip flops"....... i still have no idea!! i fear being too dressed up!!!

we went last night

1. amazing music (hype aside, he’s the man)
2. beautiful venue (just wow every time)
3. rude staff (in outside bit)
4. generally shit, arrogant, non-music crowd (which may partially explain if not excuse 3)

*good to see Stivi (and Chris Coco & Andy Wilson) briefly. hope everyone had good night

we went last night

1. amazing music (hype aside, he’s the man)
2. beautiful venue (just wow every time)
3. rude staff (in outside bit)
4. generally shit, arrogant, non-music crowd (which may partially explain if not excuse 3)

*good to see Stivi (and Chris Coco & Andy Wilson) briefly. hope everyone had good night

Shit, did not expect the crowd to be bad at Harvey. I'm toying with the idea of going and then making tracks for Pyramid at 2.30am or so next week to catch Villalobos/Raresh/Helena Hauff. Reckon missing the last hour or so would be a bad shout, or is the crowd so bad that it spoils the night and could even be sensible to leg it earlier?

not a rough crowd or anything, just types who turn up at whatever event they perceive to be cool without any genuine interest in the music or ethos. i had half-feared that but hoped the lower-key hype this year might have helped reduce that. way too English too. the music is brilliant but i’m done with hype. i’m out.

also let down on the gear front 3 times in 48 hrs which put me in a filthy black mood. are you supposed to get drunk instead on €8,50 beer bottles?! or €45 rounds? so yeah not a patch on last year but ibz’s still cool in other ways so it’s all about the non-rave this year

Cheers, appreciate the info, might wait for Pyramid set times before making a final call. Disappointed to hear though, had very high expectations and nothing gets on my tits more than a bad or ignorant crowd.

Anyone got any info on The Brothers Grimm? They are playing Sunday and me and mate are thinking of heading across before going to Solid Grooves.

Sunday during the day is great, haven’t been there for night.

Last edited:
Back