Pikes 2018

we met one or two people there who were on their own last Sept but the place was pretty busy. One guy had flown in from Eastern Europe just for the night! but yeah I wouldn't recommend it. it's a social kind of vibe for groups of mates really who probably know (or know of) each other through the same scene. To an outsider that might feel a bit cliquey but the alternative is a free-for-all, bottleneck chaos of the kind which ruined at least one closing party last year. obv depends on who's playing but I imagine the black madonna will be roadblock

I had a loner latch onto me one year and as I was leaving he said in an almost crying voice 'don't go i need you'. Good old Ibiza :)

....it wasn't Callum Best

Aussie tranny latched onto my hubby. Had a rather macabre story to tell, most of which didn’t make sense! Hubby being british was too polite to move on & nodded politely....I made my exit & danced away. Was pretty funny though! Met some interesting, if not bizarre folk there....

In 2013, I went alone and I didnt last long there

2017, went with my mate and had the best night of all holiday. It was our first night and we had been up since 4am the previous morning too. Interesting about randomers latching on - we got talking to some lad outside (similar age to us ) who was on his own. He just hung around with us all night, thats Ibiza.

i ve ask many pikes gueslist plan B, filling the +1 with random names of mates :D
i ve ask people to ask themself their invitation but not sure if they will do.

i always met lot of cool people in pikes , last time we were 3 but lost the 3rd one :spank: , he was already feucked up (talking like set Troxler drugged voice) when i met him ibz harbor with other spotlight ibz virgin that introduce him to me
Last time i found hostal la torre compilation 2017 there :cool:, always nice to have free goodies :lol: even i've never listen to this compilation (too mellow with sleepy track)

ive just noticed a lot of people were smoking MJ there without beeing annoyed .

"Come see our Yorkshire puds.. and london puds,Manchester puds,scouse puds and the odd irish and Scottish puds out for a weeks holidays.". is a comment I read over the weekend on one of the pikes Twittergram or something..

Think the guestlist changes for different nights, it's +3 for Rock Nights.

I'm always a bit wary of door policies that turn people away based on what you look like. On one hand I can see the rationale - when I went to Pikes last year there were a group of quite young girls there, dressed to the 9's in heels, lip injections all round, posing on the beds taking selfies etc., not adding anything to the atmosphere. I spoke to one for a bit (she asked me to take a photo...) and they were perfectly nice, but I did wonder what they were doing at Pikes. That being said, the idea of turning people away because they don't have a certain 'look' doesn't sit well with me. If I turn up feeling nice, in the clothes I like, happy and ready to have a good time, and then got turned away because I didn't look hippy enough or edgy enough or cool enough then I'd feel pretty sh*tty.

The problem is that - fairly or not - clothes are often an indicator of personality. From a male angle, football tops usually = problems = automatic no-nos, whereas - in theory - louts don't usually wear linen, pork pie hats or espadrilles but then again, look at the very smart types who turn up and cause trouble at Ascot/Cheltenham these days... So clothing in itself can be deceptive...

Ultimately it's about attitude and you need clued up people on the door who care about the night going well and they have to be ruthless in getting it right. If it was up to me I would ideally want people in who are international, musically clued up, gregarious and/or camp as christmas. Personally I think there should be a little quiz to try and weed out tourists and people who don't 'get' it (although the pressure is on always staff to junk this on a quiet night) The people who really need to be stopped imo are gobby, gakked up estate agents from Surrey who are in the right clothes but don't care about music and only care about barging or showing off - but unfortunately they're not always the easiest to filter out on the door.

there's an interesting debate to be had about holiday snobbery - when is / isn't it justified....? I take the view that it depends on where you are. At say Sa Trinxa I have no issues at all (*within reason - I might get violent if someone played say Drake) generally I'm laidback about the music and crowd and just having a laugh, general horseplay in the sand whereas at Pikes I tend to have my serious musical hat on and don't want anyone to spoil the buzz - I guess everyone is different though..

Last two times at pikes I have 'briefly' spoken to people who didnt know of DJ Harvey. They just heard pikes was the place to hang out. They would have been quite simple to send packing.

Back