Pikes 2018

Does anyone know if the Sunday lunch continues in to October? Nothing in the listings on their website after Sept. Thanks.

35191405_1750770815009369_3852918150815285248_n.jpg

I should be at RockNights next wednesday. Looking forward to it.

One question: is there any dress code? I imagine that I will be buttoned up and covered, as weather is showing it is still fairly cool in the evenings. I wanted to know if tank tops/sandals were off limits, just out of curiosity.

I don't know about that specific night, but have seen people knocked back from Pikes in sports/gym wear and girls in bikinis or not much else.

girls in bikinis or not much else.
I was once turned away from es Paradis for wearing a sorung and nothing else.... :lol:

In any case, I will be a bit conservative, and show up in a polo shirt and nice shorts, maybe sneakers or something. I only plan on going out a couple times over the whole 3.5 weeks, so I don't want to screw the pooch!

Reading what Dawn wrote on the press release, it sounds like they’re going to be a lot pickier on the door. So basically, know your shit musically, be older than 35 and try and act cool even if you’re banjaxed

Great idea. German clubs and.body&soul were doing this for.years works great.. few simple questions whos playing,tracks produced or mixes ect.. keep.the music lovers in and Sharon's out.. no offense to.any Sharon's on here..:oops:

Understandable. Callum Best and someone out of brookside was there last time I went.....things need to change

Reactions: Liv
so much easier to get the right people in London, because it will be some unmarked venue behind a corrugated door in Seven Sisters that looks like a depot or something but because of Pike's profile, everybody knows about it. god knows why they had to stick harvey on f**king billboards last summer. astonishing naivety there. my guess is the 4am lockdown will put a lot of folk off. as far as getting in is concerned, I think we'll be ok if it's a case of who you know, perhaps more iffy if it's what you look like...

Unless Harvey is due again this year i doubt I will be going anyhow as pretty uninspiring in general. Maybe there will be the odd one off such as secretsundaze last year. It's all good and well wanting a cool crowd but cool music is an essential to go with it ha.

I remember popping down last year on a non Harvey night to meet some friends for a drink before heading to the underground and the crowd at pikes was like a episode of towie. I forget who was DJ'ing but music was appalling too. Old record after old record and all way too obvious...erm shit. Like they had raided their dad's record collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember popping down last year on a non Harvey night to meet some friends for a drink before heading to the underground and the crowd at pikes was like a episode of towie. I forget who was DJ'ing but music was appalling too. Old record after old record and all way too obvious...erm shit. Like they had raided their dad's record collection.

Sounds F+*^%# vile! o_O:lol:

Haha. I have probably done it a bit of injustice. Everyone was still having a good time and vibe was good. Just not for me.

Reactions: Liv
Towie is not a good vibe for me either :lol::twisted:

I had fun there a few years back with Smokin Jo & Skin (Skin ripped Freddie’s room apart, hard & fast just up my street & total surprise!), but I might try Black Madonna just to check it out.

There was a really nice vibe at the Music for Freaks party last month, although it was quite quiet.

I also noticed the 'guestlist' only allows you to add a +1 at most now, whereas I'm sure you could have a lot more previously.

Not that bad, no sunglasses and BOTOX in sight. Some young lads who I didn't recognise or care to find out

There was a really nice vibe at the Music for Freaks party last month, although it was quite quiet.

I also noticed the 'guestlist' only allows you to add a +1 at most now, whereas I'm sure you could have a lot more previously.

it was +3
some party need a return answer,after asking a guestlist

yeah the only fear about pikes hotel is the quiet thing on the dancefloor, so no way to go there solo, i always went with mates..

i went doorly night around 11m opening 17 & it was dead, 10 people in front of the pool and dj , so i left after one drink , don't know if the party was in front of the pool or took place in the club after midnight

Try to sit alone in the garden, quiet a hard feeling :D, a place i recommand not to go alone for sure

what kind of music we can expect with cosmic pineapple party ?

we met one or two people there who were on their own last Sept but the place was pretty busy. One guy had flown in from Eastern Europe just for the night! but yeah I wouldn't recommend it. it's a social kind of vibe for groups of mates really who probably know (or know of) each other through the same scene. To an outsider that might feel a bit cliquey but the alternative is a free-for-all, bottleneck chaos of the kind which ruined at least one closing party last year. obv depends on who's playing but I imagine the black madonna will be roadblock

Back