Pikes 2017

Dress code: Just Make an effort, No vests, Man Bags or people dressed like they are headed to the gym! Fancy dress is MORE THAN encouraged by Doorly & His Friends and good vibes only!

18195167_10155428967771554_775911576745819802_n.jpg
:lol:

Pee-kays if your Spanish.
Thinking back to Sept 98 when we were in Ibiza Town and looking for Dome Bar. Asked a friendly looking Spanish policeman who didn't have a clue where "Dome" (said in my north west accent) was. After a few minutes of explanation he exclaimed "Ahh, Domehh" and then gave us directions I didn't understand.

Funny at the time none the less

In late May / early June, will the only parties be the ones on Saturday? Their website only highlights the Saturday and the specials (Harvey, Primal Scream...). I was hoping to come along another day whilst over.

In late May / early June, will the only parties be the ones on Saturday? Their website only highlights the Saturday and the specials (Harvey, Primal Scream...). I was hoping to come along another day whilst over.

I'm not 100% sure but do think it's just saturdays - and then of course sunday daytime/evening.

I'm not 100% sure but do think it's just saturdays - and then of course sunday daytime/evening.

Thanks. Who usually DJs there on a Sunday? Quite fancy going for a roast - if they do veggie options!

Thanks. Who usually DJs there on a Sunday? Quite fancy going for a roast - if they do veggie options!

there is a veggie roast yes.

sundays are hosted by the broadbents (brothers grim) and they've got some fantastic guests this year! check 'pikes on sundays' facebook where they will announce line ups week by week I think.

Can anyone remember what guest's Doorly got last year?

Just used that link to get Guest List for the 19th June. Happy days! :D

there is a veggie roast yes.

sundays are hosted by the broadbents (brothers grim) and they've got some fantastic guests this year! check 'pikes on sundays' facebook where they will announce line ups week by week I think.

Perfect, thanks!

I think there will be friday events too clara. music for freaks is doing 4 dates over the summer. 1st one is this friday 12th may, the other ones are spread over the summer (21st july, 22nd september, 20th october). so I guess other labels might be on rotation on fridays. announcements coming soon I guess....

Mercury of course.:confused: oakeys smug head is enough to keep me off the island while he's there.:eek: his hangers on and posse will probably be worthy of a thread of their own. Just look what he's done to burning man. A cock of the highest order... who slated ibiza for years.

it very much depends on what music you're into, but if Oakey is genuinely going to go back to his roots, then expect a lot of stuff that he grew up with in the 80s - perhaps some new york electro here, a dash of old school hiphop and embryonic acid house there, a sprinkling of his own productions on top, probably a LOT of ancient classics - more likely though and being cynical here, he will use it to promote his own music, probably a few perfecto numbers to keep the diehards happy, before going full turbo prog (if not trance) later on in the night.

Harvey on the other hand will play a whole load of music you've never heard of - it will be very camp, there will be a load of house and disco and some total curveballs and a few WTF moments. It will be marmite because hardly anyone on this forum ever champions the DJs he inspired or nights in a similar vein, so I'd take a guess that most forum members would feel more comfortable at the oaky night musically out of familiarity, but might prefer the overall vibe at MR if the mood/crowd is right. Having said that, the nerd count at Harvey will be a lot higher, which I know some on here hate.

ultimately I think Harvey will be more like melon bomb and a proper house party. Oakey is a lot harder to call, who knows, he may even smile? but fair to say he's done absolutely nada in the last 25 years to twist my melons....

*I could be very wrong on ALL the above - I have been surprised before!

Last year, I preferred Artwork's Saturday party over Harvey's Monday.

Both were great but the whole vibe at Artwork's was really fun whereas Harvey's was a lot more chilled. Depends what you want though.

Defo Oakie for me.

He has promised a compilation of the past 30 years of electronic music plus it will great to hear Nancy Noise, Holloway, Fung and Jason Bye playing with him to name just a few.

Back