Pick one tune only that is Ibiza for you and post the link...

I only started visiting the Island five years ago. For some reason, this track just does it for me and I feel a different emotion when I hear it depending on my mood. God knows why but that is the effect it has!

It is also the first song I distinctly remember as definitely hearing first on Ibiza

I give you THIS

:D

For me it has to be

Eddie Amador - House music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WpERMtL-AY

If memory serves me well (as it was 1997 / 1998 ish:oops:)

I was at "PUSCHA MEETS TRADE" and Roger Sanchez dropped it near the start of his set. I had an epiphany:idea: on the main dance floor at Privilege, vowing never to play cheesy pop music ever again.

:idea: =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(feeling)

-------------

This might sound a bit sad but I never knew You Tube was so big. It is fantastic to see all the old videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PP
The one tune that always reminds me of Ibiza has to be Kings Of Tomorrow - Finally.

However, my 1st time flying and 1st time abroad was on my mates bachelor party for 2 days in Ibiza. Was in 2002 and out of the main clubbing season in April. I left my mates to try the nearest nightclub which happened to be Es Paradis. The Spanish DJ played a long instrumental version of;

4 Strings - Take Me Away (Into The Night).

I liked it so much I had to ask the DJ what it was. As soon as I arrived home I got hold of it and still play it whenever I get the opportunity. Just Sunday night this week the Manager of my residency said that they were looking for the next artist to do a 'live' PA. Apparently the agency had said we could get 4 Strings, wow I couldn't believe it! 8)

I love threads like this...gets me upset though how times have changed for the worse...the tracks i chose are already listed except 2

As Americans, we really dont know much about the white isle. In 1999 my boy Jon who posts here got a tape of the Ministry of Sound Ibiza Annual from a guy in long island we know. His brother had just gotten back and described to us a club that held 7,000 people (Privledge)...just from hearing that we said "we're there". Back then we were into real cheese house. u guys on here would laugh if u heard some of the **** we listened to...that tape that i got changed alot of what we listened to....needless to say it took us 3 years for us to finally get there in 2002 and for americans to get there it really is a troop...no direct flights so it really takes about 10 hours at minimum. Once we got off the plane we didnt know what we were in for and we were so damn jet lagged we wanted to nap but we didnt....we took a walk over to Bora Bora but before we got there we stopped at the Shower party at the little place next door...the first Ibiza track that I remember being played was At Night by Shakedown...forgot which remix but that song will forever be Ibiza to me and as tired as we were when we saw that Ibiza was all about, that tiredness was instantly gone...ill take that to my grave

On the way to the white isle in 2002 I had a CD that i made of Judge Jules Saturday Warmup from the year before at Cafe Mambo where he opens the show with Superman Lover's- Starlight...hearing the roar of the crowd was incredible...it was something as Americans weve never seen or heard before....that will always be the tune that got me ready for Ibiza 2002

In 2002, It Just Wont Do by Tim Deluxe was a massive track at the WMC in Miami which I attended (whatta prelude that was for Ibiza). I always remembered that track being played in every clothing store, restuarant, club, bar, it didnt matter where it was, it was always on.

Since 02 was so amazing we went back in 2003. Following DC 10 with Danny Howells which was a blinder, we went to Release Yourself at Pacha which was amazing...however the greatest clubbing moment ive witnessed was when Roger Sanchez closed out the night with Another Chance. It was a moment Ill always remember....we were down there with about 10 other NYers, some who we met the year before, some who we met that year and when he dropped that track which was at its peak 2 years prior, i never saw a reception like that in my life...i remember the floor vibrating and just taking a couple of seconds to just look around the club and seeing hands in the air and people losing their mind...it was truly a moment that sent chills down my spine...i have a picture from that night of all of us on the dance floor hanging in my room that I always look at and remember just how amazing it really was....after that we partied in the hotel til about 10am...anytime i hear that track I stop what im doing and just try and remember what that night was like...absolutely amazing

One track that I think needs a mention which always does the trick for me was Silicone Soul- Right on Right on...never heard it played so i didnt include it but wow, when i think Ibiza i think of this track just from listening to Pete Tong

u guys definitely list some great tracks...i wish i was in ibiza from 97-01...those are the years i felt were its peak...im glad i got there in 02 and 03 and made it back in 07....the scene had taken a drastic change as did the music but Ibiza will always have a special place in my heart no matter what and Im sure i partied with some of the people that post here...and for all the amazing times ive had down there I say cheers....i wish i could replicate them

Gonna have to go with 2 tunes that stand out. Not particularly up there in my all time favourite tracks but they def give me good memories of ibiza.

8am in amnesia main room dave seaman's last tune with the sun shining through the roof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXJyU8EFRk

Space anthem in 2002. must've heard it about 8 times during the course of the day and it rocked the old terrace....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXG2PJeocWA

you've changed! :lol:

Gonna have to go with 2 tunes that stand out. Not particularly up there in my all time favourite tracks but they def give me good memories of ibiza.

8am in amnesia main room dave seaman's last tune with the sun shining through the roof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXJyU8EFRk

Space anthem in 2002. must've heard it about 8 times during the course of the day and it rocked the old terrace....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXG2PJeocWA

Loved these tunes at the time!! 8)

Back