Phat Pants in Ibiza

plokplok

Hey Guys,

I've got a trip booked to Ibiza in august and was wondering how prevalent phat pants are there?
Also wondering if the clubs there are cool with them as far as dress code goes?

Thanks for any answers,

I cannot see them being worn much in Glasgow!!

Unless tartan was attached to the bottom in a baycity rollers styleee

You should be able to get into any of the big clubs besides Pacha maybe with Phatts on.

I would imagine if you are going to a hard trance night that it wouldn't be frowned upon.

The real question is are you going to shuffle & hardstyle or pose? There won't be many acts that play the kind of music you can shuffle to, if any at all. And if your just standing around in Phatts fist pumping, well... yeah.

@ curious spotlighters; phatt's are popular in the rave scene, particuarly people that hardstlye shuffle due to the fact that it makes your movements look more fluid and less jerkey and hides your feet to create the illusion of floating. People stopped wearing them in the states a while back but they are still big down under/indo-pacific in the shuffle scene.

I'm a shuffler from Australia. I actually thought there would be a decent amount of trance music that I could dance to in them as looking at last years lineup I saw a fair few big name trance DJs.
Looking at this years lineup I see Armin, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto and Sean Tyas to name a few. I would of thought that there would be some ravers going to see them with phats on.

P.S. Didn't know that phatt's arn't really worn in America anymore. Guess its more of an Asia Pacific thing now.

You should be able to get into any of the big clubs besides Pacha maybe with Phatts on.

I would imagine if you are going to a hard trance night that it wouldn't be frowned upon.

The real question is are you going to shuffle & hardstyle or pose? There won't be many acts that play the kind of music you can shuffle to, if any at all. And if your just standing around in Phatts fist pumping, well... yeah.

@ curious spotlighters; phatt's are popular in the rave scene, particuarly people that hardstlye shuffle due to the fact that it makes your movements look more fluid and less jerkey and hides your feet to create the illusion of floating. People stopped wearing them in the states a while back but they are still big down under/indo-pacific in the shuffle scene.

just go for it!!! i cant see it being a problem...

like was said before, maybe pacha, but even there, i saw people with shorts and trainers and t-shirts... its much different now...

wow this post brought back memories of walking home from a party, in the rain, huge JNCOs on soaked and feeling like weights with each step, oh the life of a teenage kandy raver

I'm a shuffler from Australia. I actually thought there would be a decent amount of trance music that I could dance to in them as looking at last years lineup I saw a fair few big name trance DJs.
Looking at this years lineup I see Armin, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto and Sean Tyas to name a few. I would of thought that there would be some ravers going to see them with phats on.

P.S. Didn't know that phatt's arn't really worn in America anymore. Guess its more of an Asia Pacific thing now.

If your gonna shuffle then go for it man! When I went to Ibiza last summer for the first time, I was pretty surprised. Most people just stand in the crowd and fist pump to the DJ gods. Quite odd to me. You can expect that at a rock concert, but EDM?

In the states, some people still wear Phatt's but they were more popular years back. Everyone wore them at raves. As mentioned above, I had a pair of cut off JNCO's too. I haven't been to a rave in quite some time as I spend my time away from the states, but shufflers wear them still from what little I know.

Show them how it's down under!

All looks like scallies dancing to happy hardcore.

Bit like those adverts that come on tv

"ultimate hardcore" "the best compilation of chav tunes ever...."

Ill stick to flip flops and shorts and possibly moving from one foot to the other if a good tune comes on.

My knees wouldnt hold up to melbourne hardstlyin' 8)

hardstyle shuffling sounds like something you might do whilst in the privacy of your own bedroom!! ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

stiffler.jpg

Can you imagine trying to keep that up for a few hours! you'd better take some gatorade , it would be a proper aerobic workout.

I have some slighty plump pants are they any good?

Can you imagine trying to keep that up for a few hours! you'd better take some gatorade , it would be a proper aerobic workout.

I have some slighty plump pants are they any good?

Even a couple of minutes is a taxing chore and I run 5K+ every day.

The plump pants, that only depends if you can shuffle.

Thanks for all the replies.

Kinda looking like they not that popular in Ibiza. oh well, can still shuffle without em.

@Colonel Kurtz:
Oh yeh its not easy shuffling that long. basically I go in 5-10 min sets of dancing. recover and go again.

@matt collins
I've actually been seeing alot of youtube clips and have noticed that the clubs all seem to be pretty packed to the point of not being able to dance. hoping there is room at the back to dance.

Back