Papagayo Tenerife Winter

it's a gripping read, very well-researched not your cheesy Dyer/Ritchie yarns. Basically, tourists were getting ripped off and pressured into signing up to properties that often didn't even exist. The people behind the racket made millions. The spanish cops were bribed and kept their noses out. there were Colombians, African diamond smugglers, Hezbollah terrorists, Putin's mafia pals and London crime lords all tearing strips out of each other with machetes and guns. there was even a drag queen going round with a baseball bat demanding protection money! It only really cleaned up when the Spanish taxman and Judge Garzon who investigated Pinochet started sniffing around. Tourists wouldn't realise it today but a lot of the americas resort was an actual warzone
I concur with this. I know of a couple of well known faces from Glasgow who were about to be banged up in the UK for heroin trafficking legged it over there and set up. Made absolute fortunes until one of them was mutilated by South Americans who were muscling in at the time. Other one owns a golf course I believe on the Costa del Sol now.

I've not been in years to be fair but it always had an edge to it, whether or not it still does I don't know.

I watched a great documentary maybe 10-15 years ago that showed a mixed race (Oriental/White-British) scouse girl who ran a takeaway or similar. She dished some dirt but when push came to shove, she would only insinuate that it was the Police running the gaf.

I watched a great documentary maybe 10-15 years ago that showed a mixed race (Oriental/White-British) scouse girl who ran a takeaway or similar. She dished some dirt but when push came to shove, she would only insinuate that it was the Police running the gaf.
Remember the name of it?

There were few Russian bars last time I went facing into the beach, raised up I think.

Tacky decor in the bar possibly :eek::D

I concur with this. I know of a couple of well known faces from Glasgow who were about to be banged up in the UK for heroin trafficking legged it over there and set up. Made absolute fortunes until one of them was mutilated by South Americans who were muscling in at the time. Other one owns a golf course I believe on the Costa del Sol now.

I've not been in years to be fair but it always had an edge to it, whether or not it still does I don't know.

Palmer was the main man back in the day. He not only done the timeshsre thing, but was doing big business laundering drug money for all the cartels and shit. He was famously caught on camera by Roger Cook of the Cook Report back in the 90s offering to wash millions.

Tenerife was like the wild west during his reign in the 90s/00s with everyone trying to muscle in. Drive by shootings, stabbings, petrol bombs.. Then there was the recent "professional" hit of the timeshare couple who used to work for Palmer but had left to do their own thing while he was banged up.

A google of the name will fire up all sorts of articles.

His family still have interests over there.. A few resorts transfered to his Mrs / Son, Harleys American Diner, Kaluna Beach Club and a number of others.

it's a gripping read, very well-researched not your cheesy Dyer/Ritchie yarns. Basically, tourists were getting ripped off and pressured into signing up to properties that often didn't even exist. The people behind the racket made millions. The spanish cops were bribed and kept their noses out. there were Colombians, African diamond smugglers, Hezbollah terrorists, Putin's mafia pals and London crime lords all tearing strips out of each other with machetes and guns. there was even a drag queen going round with a baseball bat demanding protection money! It only really cleaned up when the Spanish taxman and Judge Garzon who investigated Pinochet started sniffing around. Tourists wouldn't realise it today but a lot of the americas resort was an actual warzone

The stuff he was into and connected to is absolutely wild. He led one hell of a life, Palmer!

They recon he was bank rolling big robberies, the most recent the Hatton Garden one.

Very interested worth reading into.

Anyway after a heavy day on the sauce we rocked up at pappayo a bit early and got the vibe no one liked it so done off.

Another fantastic holiday on Tenerife 100% be back

Was looking at reasonable priced holidays in Fanabe for Feb last night. Going to mention a holiday request at work today and see what they say.

Return flights were around £110

we stumbled across this by chance a few years ago, we weren't intending to go to any club nights as we were just over there for some winter sun / recharge the batterys but seen the posters around that Tapesh was playing there on one of our last nights so thought why not.. tbh can't remember too much about it other than It having the typical higher end beach club feel.. ordering drinks off a tablet and so on

Back