Papagayo Tenerife Winter

Some good times back in the day in Tramps!

Exactly, back in the day. I was there this year and couldn't believe how dead the place is. Literally half a dozen folk in it at like 3am.

Apparently gets busy from about 430 when all the dives of veronicas shut and the workers head there.

As for gear, You'e offered it right, left and centre. All the PR's are slinging it down Veronicas too.

Exactly, back in the day. I was there this year and couldn't believe how dead the place is. Literally half a dozen folk in it at like 3am.

Apparently gets busy from about 430 when all the dives of veronicas shut and the workers head there.

As for gear, You'e offered it right, left and centre. All the PR's are slinging it down Veronicas too.
Did you make it to papagayo?

Am there for a 60th bday so be leaving the older folk after an early pm session to carry on at the club on the Saturday depending on music policy that night

Who remember Bobby's?
Busbys & Bobbys, some Marcos Tandy type chap with a pony tail ran the place from what i remember? That Veronica Stretch was a real dump, loads of fighting

This was about 20yrs ago mind

Busbys & Bobbys, some Marcos Tandy type chap with a pony tail ran the place from what i remember? That Veronica Stretch was a real dump, loads of fighting

And "Bobby" was in big brother this year by looks of things too.

Did you make it to papagayo?

Am there for a 60th bday so be leaving the older folk after an early pm session to carry on at the club on the Saturday depending on music policy that night

Nah mate, Veronicas was like a black hole to us.. We would end up pissed elsewhere, stagger along to veronicas at like 3am, get sucked in and spat out an hour later. Could neve make it past to get to Papagayo at the other end :lol:

Watch out for the black prossies if you go. They are very aggessive, all over u like a rash, dipping your pockets etc

I thought it was okay, was only about 23/24 at the time.
Decent house music playing in both, preferred Bobbys.

Papagayo is a nice spot for lunch on beach side in the daytime. I remember Buckers junior #1 ruining a waitress' white trousers by trying to lasso her with spaghetti one sunny day:lol:

Nah mate, Veronicas was like a black hole to us.. We would end up pissed elsewhere, stagger along to veronicas at like 3am, get sucked in and spat out an hour later. Could neve make it past to get to Papagayo at the other end :lol:

Watch out for the black prossies if you go. They are very aggessive, all over u like a rash, dipping your pockets etc
Sounds like me last time I went that nasty vodka Is brutal.

Never seen them in 2015 but tbh if you’ve walked the san an to san an bay stretch post midnight you are very experience in dodging those horrible things.

I just finished reading "Killing Goldfinger" a very entertaining crime book about the late gangster John Palmer. He 'ran' southern Tenerife for years through dodgy timeshares and intimidation and the impact is still being felt. Most intriguing of all, he hid a lot of cash at certain drops around the countryside but never reclaimed it all because he went to jail and ended his years in England, so you may strike lucky...! (even if it is probably all now yellowing peseta notes)

I just finished reading "Killing Goldfinger" a very entertaining crime book about the late gangster John Palmer. He 'ran' southern Tenerife for years through dodgy timeshares and intimidation and the impact is still being felt. Most intriguing of all, he hid a lot of cash at certain drops around the countryside but never reclaimed it all because he went to jail and ended his years in England, so you may strike lucky...! (even if it is probably all now yellowing peseta notes)
My partners Dad used to have a house there’s in the 90s will ask if he’s heard of him. You can imagine Tenerife being a bit naughty in its hay day with the low duty tax and a stop off to South America

hi all, went to papagayo early December 2017 and thought it was decent, if your mate was playing that night stivi then i might of heard him! pretty banging hard house and a nice venue, just watch out for the aggressive black prossie who hangs about near the taxi rank near McDonald's she got hands faster than Paul Daniels,

hi all, went to papagayo early December 2017 and thought it was decent, if your mate was playing that night stivi then i might of heard him! pretty banging hard house and a nice venue, just watch out for the aggressive black prossie who hangs about near the taxi rank near McDonald's she got hands faster than Paul Daniels,
Yeah venue looks really good. Music sounds good! How was the drinks?

Hate them total vermin my pockets will be tied

it's a gripping read, very well-researched not your cheesy Dyer/Ritchie yarns. Basically, tourists were getting ripped off and pressured into signing up to properties that often didn't even exist. The people behind the racket made millions. The spanish cops were bribed and kept their noses out. there were Colombians, African diamond smugglers, Hezbollah terrorists, Putin's mafia pals and London crime lords all tearing strips out of each other with machetes and guns. there was even a drag queen going round with a baseball bat demanding protection money! It only really cleaned up when the Spanish taxman and Judge Garzon who investigated Pinochet started sniffing around. Tourists wouldn't realise it today but a lot of the americas resort was an actual warzone

it's a gripping read, very well-researched not your cheesy Dyer/Ritchie yarns. Basically, tourists were getting ripped off and pressured into signing up to properties that often didn't even exist. The people behind the racket made millions. The spanish cops were bribed and kept their noses out. there were Colombians, African diamond smugglers, Hezbollah terrorists, Putin's mafia pals and London crime lords all tearing strips out of each other with machetes and guns. there was even a drag queen going round with a baseball bat demanding protection money! It only really cleaned up when the Spanish taxman and Judge Garzon who investigated Pinochet started sniffing around. Tourists wouldn't realise it today but a lot of the americas resort was an actual warzone

I concur with this. I know of a couple of well known faces from Glasgow who were about to be banged up in the UK for heroin trafficking legged it over there and set up. Made absolute fortunes until one of them was mutilated by South Americans who were muscling in at the time. Other one owns a golf course I believe on the Costa del Sol now.

I've not been in years to be fair but it always had an edge to it, whether or not it still does I don't know.

I concur with this. I know of a couple of well known faces from Glasgow who were about to be banged up in the UK for heroin trafficking legged it over there and set up. Made absolute fortunes until one of them was mutilated by South Americans who were muscling in at the time. Other one owns a golf course I believe on the Costa del Sol now.

I've not been in years to be fair but it always had an edge to it, whether or not it still does I don't know.

I found the class of restaurants and bars to be excellent. Veronica’s has that edgey feel but not any worse than walking down the bottom of the west end after a few pints. The closer you get to Adeje the more classy it gets

Back