Pacha v's Space

Hoofcake

Trying to decide where to go on Sat Aug 28th.

Thinking Hed Kandi at Space or Defected at Space.

Any thoughts?

Never ever go to Hed Kandi its utterly appalling in all ways.

Space is also hugely, hugely over rated.

Defected at Pacha will be far far better mate.

Never ever go to Hed Kandi its utterly appalling in all ways.

Defected at Pacha will be far far better mate.

Really??! Hed Kandi is appalling?! Some friends of mine went to Hed Kandi at El Divino last year and said it was amazin!!!!!!!!

That is Toms opinion, Everyone has different tastes. If you like the Hed kandi music then go for it. Don't let other people opinions put you off what you enjoy.

At the end of the day it's how you make the night. Just go out and have fun!

28th August is a friday!!!

Which is it 28th or the saturday??

if its 28th id suggest Cocoon Classics - one off event gonna be messy!!

this year Hed Kandi has the NU DISCO room with plenty of excellent Djs: Greg Wilson, Idjut Boys and Aeroplane for istance. Defected line up this year is pretty weak so believe it or not I suggest you Hed Kandi @ Space

even without day parties i wouldn't dare to say that...
i don't think you have many clubs with 6 rooms and sound & lightning gears especially designed for each room where you live...
unlees you live in Ibiza...:lol:

even without day parties i wouldn't dare to say that...
i don't think you have many clubs with 6 rooms and sound & lightning gears especially designed for each room where you live...
unlees you live in Ibiza...:lol:

Space: Used to be good, is now just the same as pretty much anything else in the world.

How many of you went before they shut the terrace?

Pacha and Amnesia are special clubs. Particularly Amnesia. Privelege is a spectacle when full. Space? Over packed, over hyped and nothing special at all

Space:
Used to be good, is now just the same as pretty much anything else
in the world.
How many of you went before they shut the terrace?
... Space? Over packed, over hyped and nothing special at all
2bs00g.jpg

What a load of tosh some of you people throw around.

My last 2 visits to Space (Be w/ Danny T and We Love) in September were great nights out. Killer music, fun group of friends, plenty of shapes thrown, and all around good times.

I really find all this "oh it was so much better when..." talk tedious. So what? If you can't have a good night out in a decent club with good music, good sound, good friends, etc. then you're boring. Period.

Hoofcake - I'm not a huge fan of Hed Kandi (although I've had plenty of fun at some of their parties over the years) but if you like their music, then go see them at Space. I'm sure it will be a blast. Defected at Pacha is, in my opinion, an equally good option for that genre of more commercial house music.

Base your decision on what other nights you've got lined up...are you already going to Space? Pacha? Also, check the line-ups for that night... Defected gets some very good guest DJs sometimes whereas I think Hed Kandi tends to keep it in-house with their own roster.

My last 2 visits to Space (Be w/ Danny T and We Love) in September were great nights out. Killer music, fun group of friends, plenty of shapes thrown, and all around good times.

I really find all this "oh it was so much better when..." talk tedious. So what? If you can't have a good night out in a decent club with good music, good sound, good friends, etc. then you're boring. Period.

Hoofcake - I'm not a huge fan of Hed Kandi (although I've had plenty of fun at some of their parties over the years) but if you like their music, then go see them at Space. I'm sure it will be a blast. Defected at Pacha is, in my opinion, an equally good option for that genre of more commercial house music.

Base your decision on what other nights you've got lined up...are you already going to Space? Pacha? Also, check the line-ups for that night... Defected gets some very good guest DJs sometimes whereas I think Hed Kandi tends to keep it in-house with their own roster.

an excellent point

my group are only over for 3 nights and we've got Space (sunday) and Amnesia (monday) already marked down
wanted to do a different club for the saturday so it looks likely we'll be Defected bound

unless you desperately want to go to a certain night/certain dj - i would try different clubs each night

Space did used to be better when they had the open terrce but it is still amazing and not overated atall. Its still diffferent to anythin else in the world. The sunset terrace is still open.You can still go down to bora bora then go back to space when you want.

Space did used to be better when they had the open terrce but it is still amazing and not overated atall. Its still diffferent to anythin else in the world. The sunset terrace is still open.You can still go down to bora bora then go back to space when you want.

i hadn't been much before they roofed the terrace but have had great nights before and after the glass

its as good as you want to make it - because if you don't like the music in 1 arena, move to another and it can be completely different

i really like some time on the premier etage
that applies to the Pacha roof terrace too
nice places to people watch for a bit before heading back in for more nonsense

:lol:

28th August is a friday!!!

Which is it 28th or the saturday??

if its 28th id suggest Cocoon Classics - one off event gonna be messy!!

You're right got my days\dates mixed up. On Friday the 28th we were considering Coccoon Classics, Pure Pacha or Pete Tong's Wonderland with Fatbot Slim as his guest, maybe even Miss Moneypenny's at Boho. Probably gonna go for Wonderland out of those. Thought Coccoon might be a bit too heavy techno?! We're after more funky house

Thanks for the response, really useful constructive point. I probably stuggle to classify all the different genres of dance music, but it probably is up the commercial house music street, with some classics thrown in! Certainly not the bang bang Techno nonsense.

We arrive Friday morning for 3 nights. I was thinking:

Wonderland with guest set from Fatboy Slim Friday
Hed Kandi or Defected on Saturday
Then on Sunday, depending what state we are still in maybe on to Space. We need to be at the airport at 8am Monday morning, so we could do Space from 5pm to about 3am, then get a couple of hours kip before we travel home.

So many places to go, so little time to do it!

Thanks for the response, really useful constructive point. I probably stuggle to classify all the different genres of dance music, but it probably is up the commercial house music street, with some classics thrown in! Certainly not the bang bang Techno nonsense.

We arrive Friday morning for 3 nights. I was thinking:

Wonderland with guest set from Fatboy Slim Friday
Hed Kandi or Defected on Saturday
Then on Sunday, depending what state we are still in maybe on to Space. We need to be at the airport at 8am Monday morning, so we could do Space from 5pm to about 3am, then get a couple of hours kip before we travel home.

So many places to go, so little time to do it!

i would suggest then

Wonderland fri - not as commercial probably as Moneypennys but Fatboy Slim will more than likely drop a fair few known tunes

Sat - i would say that as you might be going to Space sunday, try Pacha that day

i would suggest then

Wonderland fri - not as commercial probably as Moneypennys but Fatboy Slim will more than likely drop a fair few known tunes

Sat - i would say that as you might be going to Space sunday, try Pacha that day

Thanks. Giving Defected @ Pacha some serious consideration, particularly if go to Space on Sunday. Just been reading about Defected here:
http://www.ibiza-voice.com/story/news/1762 soundslike a top night

Would it be worth going to Space 5pm - 2am ish? Or are we missing the best time?!

Back