Out Of Curiosity-

yes, i would say i was a patron who liked the techno muzak.

i'll let olly waffle on about everything that that word encompasses.

Awww nah don't, his waffles are made with like, stale waffle syrup and **** :p

Nah cos, I used to be a Tech head, now I'm throwing Techno gigs and of all my parties they're the most successful, and I'm a little excited. I just was curious cos I'm looking across the oceans with open eyes :D

As in, its not all minimal **** is it still? We specifically ****ed that **** off. I don't like Techno that trys to be House.

I'm kinda digging alot of the new **** but the classics are still my best friends

Awww nah don't, his waffles are made with like, stale waffle syrup and **** :p

Nah cos, I used to be a Tech head, now I'm throwing Techno gigs and of all my parties they're the most successful, and I'm a little excited. I just was curious cos I'm looking across the oceans with open eyes :D

As in, its not all minimal **** is it still? We specifically ****ed that **** off. I don't like Techno that trys to be House.

I'm kinda digging alot of the new **** but the classics are still my best friends

i can honestly say that i haven't got a didgereedoo what you're chatting on about.....

:confused:

the truth of the matter NA is that you are one particularly sad and delusional kid who knows next to nothing about music, parties, or in fact anything at all. You thrive on the momentary attention your increasingly mundane outbursts generate, but to everybody else you are treading on something dangerously akin to troll territory

Come back tomorrow and write something vaguely coherent, interesting and imaginative and we might establish some kind of dialogue. In the meantime, however, go into a corner, have a sulk and consider what I just wrote..

I've been to I Love Techno twice and recently went to Tresor in Berlin for my stag do, count me in!

It seems most people are listening to or listening to DJ's that are playing techno in some form or other from browsing this forum. I'm hopefully going to Ibiza this year for a friends 30th after a 6 year break and things seem to have changed a lot. Back when I was a lad and it was all fields, Cocoon was an interesting diversion if you were sick of Manumission, the island appears awash with the stuff now (Jeff Mills playing Space etc).

I love techno!! :twisted:

I do like a lot of the techno that was being played around 2002/ 2003 (and several years before that too).... since then, I still like it but the techy part seems to have died off good proper techno-techno... Even what coxy was playing. I remember being in the techno tent at Global Gathering 2003 and not leaving the whole night.

Also a couple years ago at Space, when Coxy had Cristian Varela on at Space... ahhhh i just LOVE him... unfortunately I have never seen him outside of Ibiza :cry:

THAT is the sort of techno I love!!

the truth of the matter NA is that you are one particularly sad and delusional kid who knows next to nothing about music, parties, or in fact anything at all. You thrive on the momentary attention your increasingly mundane outbursts generate, but to everybody else you are treading on something dangerously akin to troll territory

Come back tomorrow and write something vaguely coherent, interesting and imaginative and we might establish some kind of dialogue. In the meantime, however, go into a corner, have a sulk and consider what I just wrote..

Olly: You just hate me cos you can't be me :lol:
Lighten up will ya.

Everyone else: HOW GOOD IS IT!!! :D

Its making a PROPER revival down here, as in, Minimal is dead (Thank God), but not that minimal is bad, its just good as House music, not Techno.

So, I think alot of the newer breed don't know what to do with such repetitve, relentless and raw music. I'm afraid they won't know (Sorry for sounding cliche) "How to feeeel it" .

BUT!!! I listen to Electro sometimes and think "Well, it's ALMOST Acid" so, maybe theres hope for the youngins yet :lol:

The economic downfall could be the return of the glory days of techno I hope.

Always loved the industrial feel of Techno. It had something raw and different to its sound. The Germans were particularly good at it.

U96 were a particular favourite of mine.

Hers one of their classics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwc0shJ2aYc

I think Dubfire resemble that raw, industrial and dark sound today.

Could not listen to it all night though, would need it to lighten up at some stage.

can't be arsed to get into a discussion on techno with somebody who doesn't even know what it is!

all I will say is here are 10 techno records you need in your life

rhythm is rhythm (derrick may) - it is what it is
gary martin - casa cougat
acid eiffel - choice
lfo - lfo
galaxy II galaxy - hi tech jazz
carl craig - sandstorms
rob hood - core
octave one - blackwater
vince watson - cycles
kraftwerk - expo 2000 (rolando remix)

essential labels: transmatt, planet e, warp, rephlex, UR, clone

why do you assume I don't know what Techno is?

I can't be arsed explaining my motives to interneters who assume they know more than everyone else and are negative towards anyone who enjoys anything and get sad in their underpants when they find out someone whom they don't hold in high esteem enjoys something similar to them :lol:

I think, Ok, Techno has cleaned its act up, but, the way I see it is like, it's hard to explain.

Techno is it's own progression of Technology. I love the new cleaner sound, but I miss the hypnoticness of what it used to be, and I especially the kind of mental assult it'd play on your brain. But after hearing crisper cleaner sounds now, I don't think I want it to go back to a dirty sound, but, its like... Dirty and good, clean and bad, but theres no middle ground. I want that 'clean, good' middle ground

Stop reading this thread if you think you're too elite for it. I want to discuss Techno with people here because I'm excited about it. If thats too uncool for you, too un educated or what ever, I dont care, no one else cares, only you do so, ****en either smile and enjoy this with the rest of us or leave us alone so we can enjoy our discussion.

****en, cheer up, its only music. Its sposed to be enjoyed not anal-lysed :lol:

I like Techno. But I dont know any of the cool labels, what records to buy, or what producers have made the most influential tracks.

But I still like it! :lol:

my favourite Acid label was always Havok, my favourite just, Techno Techno label was always Routemaster. There were a few others like Smitten and Bush that I liked as well.

Infact even Nukleuz has made some decent Techno in the past. I'm into the Mauro Picotto kind. I really like his stuff. I like it if it's hyonotic and hard. I don't like Minimal because, its very boring, the syncopation and clickyness of it is more boring than anything else I think. But, I also think that kind of Techno can be really good in a House set, and because of that I like the idea of Dj's playing House and Techno together like they used to, kind of, not differentiating between the two, rather just playing good songs.

****en, cheer up Olly you twat, Its sposed to be enjoyed not anal-lysed :lol:

I had anal lyse once, the single most painful thing EVER. :eek: They are a generic form off anal lice, see below.

lice.jpg

Imagine these up your bum bum :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back