ok whats the deal with the selfies backlash???

In the good old days (before smartphones) the big clubs used to take your cameras off you when you went in, so you couldn't take photos.

If you're getting up to a little mischief, you don't want any evidence to come back and haunt you ;)

When we were there in 2002, went to privilege. I tried to tell the lads that the cameras would be taken off them..... They didn't listen to me lol.

Much better atmosphere when everyone isn't stood there filming.

ob_ad030c_ob-a4e2a5-ob-42ee21-ob-4d9680-tumblr-n.gif

When my partner and I visit Ibiza for the first time in a few months we'll be taking plenty of photos of our trip - including some inside clubs. Reading the comments here from an outsider perspective, i think it's quite interesting that we'll actually be viewed as posers and that somehow our actions have the potential to ruin someone's night. We don't care tbh. First time visiting, hopefully not the last, but we want to remember this for the rest of our lives.

Just back from a short break in Venice and I kid you not if the selfies in Ibiza are even at 10% of the level in Venice then it will still be too much!

People climbing onto gondolas on the grand canal. Not even seated and at it! Just sit and enjoy the view for goodness sake. First time round (albeit years ago) the gondalier offered to take a picture then we could sit back and relax and enjoy the experience.

Sadly Venice has now been spoiled a bit by being swarmed by "photo photo" men selling selfie sticks amongst other tat.

Anyway rant over was still a good trip. Great weather and fantastic scenery (although very busy).
We were in Italy in May and in both Florence and Venice you couldn't walk 10 meters without some guy trying to sell you a damn selfie stick!
Now they even have ones that double as a tripod. It's absolute madness.
(Had a great time nonetheless, of course. Venice is one of my favorite places on Earth, even with the crowds.)

It was the same in Barcelona a couple of months ago. We went round some of the tourist attractions and people were using their selfie sticks just to take normal pictures. Weird.

The clubs should start clamping down on filming. You obviously can't ban phones these days but if they started chucking a few people out for filming then people will soon get the idea and it'll almost be self-policed to an extent

Issue I found in London was a lot of tourists walking around with their phone/camera stuck on the end of a selfie stick as they were walking between places.

It was a sunny day too, so a lot of them had sunglasses on.

And then I realised that some of them were actually just blind and had a stick to walk with.

I really don't get this photos/videos craze?

If you had a great time you have a memory for that. If you are wrecked and can't remember anything as much of a good time you might think you had it's probably a good thing you can't remember everything you did.

But if I do something or go somewhere I do it to enjoy it in real-time not to look back and think "Oh remember that?" whilst hating whatever present situation i find myself in.

Nostalgia is a dangerous waste of life.

Gee Moore (ex-Bora Bora resident) said:
I like to see pics of people on here showing what they are up to etc but this "Selfie" shit is getting out of f***ing hand!
Ive seen girls taking pics of themselves by toilet mirrors and even of them looking at their phone while taking the shot, Ok I'm a different generation but realy if there is nothing better to take a picture of than your arm with a phone in front of your face in a bog then you really do need to get an imagination, or a friend...
Ive started to use Ello more than Facebook lately as it is a very artistic community site but while I'm still here 3 strikes and your out rule will apply from now on as its annoying me as much as the Vote for me I'm a DJ posts that I used to see a lot of a few years ago.
Rant over, as you were..

I like to take pictures when Iam raving, it gives me access to great memories and I enjoy looking back at them over the year.

I really don't understand how it can annoy you, why on earth are you looking or taking any notice of other people anyway, just ignore it.

Life is way, way to short to be annoyed about the selfie massive but each to their own.

It's about the atmosphere mate - load of people taking photos everywhere just kills the vibe for some of us. Sorry but that's a fact and you got to accept that this modern culture has killed off our enjoyment of most clubs. Some clubs ban pics entirely and those are the places I still have on my list for possible nights out, the rest of it I can't really be bothered with. So cheers for that !

Back