Official meeting place for 2003

I would love to visit Amsterdam, but isn't that a really long train ride from Cannes? I don't want to have to spend too much time traveling since I only have a few days left. I have always wanted to go there though. Maybe I should consider that as an option. I was hoping for someplace maybe a little closer.

I´ve heard Monaco is a really nice place, maybe you should go there and it´s close to Cannes...

Or the Italian riviera. Close to cannes and a beautiful part of the world. Portofino, Genoa, San Remo etc.

I'm thinking of doing the French and Italian riviera beofre Ibiza.

Yes, I may travel to Nice for the weekend during my stay in Cannes. I have a Eurail pass that allows me to go to Italy as well, so maybe I should go there too! Thanks for the advice guys!

oooooooooooo Italy!! Tuscany is amazing and beaches are sandy there. Just follow the coast south from the riviera. :D Florence maybe...?

Yes, that sounds nice. Hopefully I will make some friends at the College I'm studying at that will want to go with me. Also, hopefully I won't run out of money in Ibiza since I have so much to see and do afterwards! :rolleyes: :D

Oh no, sorry :oops: I guess I misunderstood your question. I live in Texas right now. I study at the University of Texas in Austin. I thought you meant where am I going to be studying this summer which is in Cannes. I will be there for only six weeks until Aug. 8th. I wish I was in Europe right now! :D It won't be too much longer! I am counting the days! :D

Just a summer course. I am taking French courses there and will be living in the dorm. I wish I could go for a whole semester, but I only have two semesters left before I graduate, so I figured that a summer course would be better.

I am studying french myself, but it doesn´t really go as I want it. I think it´s ´quite difficult to understand them, they talk to fast. :)

I have to agree with you on that, my French teacher is a native French speaker and I always have to ask him to slow down. Plus, there are a lot of vowels that are silent that really throws me off. One of these days I hope to be fluent, but it may take a while. :)

What is your native language? I forgot where you were from. Is it English? I didn't think it was, but I could be wrong.

At least you are already bilingual. I am still only unilingual, but I am working on becoming bilingual. I think it's harder here in the States because we aren't taught foreign languages as young and also I am not forced to speak other languages very often because we are kind of secluded over here by ourselves. There are so many stupid Americans who are just satisfied to speak English and not learn any other languages and that gets on my nerves. I hope that Europeans do not stereotype all of us Americans into that category, because I am definitely not that way!

Talking about bilingual... I am studying german as well, it goes better than french as we have a lot of similar words. But I still need a lot practice to get really good.

Back