Odyssey 24 Hour Opening @ USHUAÏA & HÏ

What do you mean BS festival options? There’s loads of quality festivals in Europe which at the moment offer a lot more than Ibiza does in terms of line ups, opening hours and value for money. As much as I love Ibiza it’s no longer the king of the clubbing scene. A big reason for this is because of places like Hii and Ushuaia and they Commercial/ EDM booking policy. And not forgetting the massive loss of Space.

Ibiza needs to up its game. Hopefully it will in the future.

I don't want to get into it too much, but I basically liken festivals to Netflix in such that Netflix cheapens visual media by making it so readily accessible to everyone. There's less appreciation for the show or movie, making it less special, and for movies especially where you don't have that unique feel of going out and watching it theatres.

Just substitute DJ sets for shows/movies for festivals and it works the same way, where with a wide variety of sets available, each set feels less "special" and each DJ just feels like another spoke in the wheel. The appreciation for the DJ craft is lost as a result. Also gone is that specialness of going out to a night and seeing a DJ individually, and really savouring what they're doing. I'm sure many ppl don't like this aspect of going out and waiting in queues, but it's what kinda makes the night special, the anticipation.

I do like stacked lineups for sure but some festivals really overdue it and shorten set times. Ibiza has the right amount of stacked lineups in most of their events and I enjoy that.

Or maybe I'm just an old dinosaur that relishes Ibiza's past and the dominance it once had. Even though I didn't start going till 2015, I still remember reading up on Ibiza's scene when I discovered the music in the early 2000s and I guess maybe I still cling to that.

I'm sure ppl will disagree with this, but this is my $.02.

I do like stacked lineups for sure but some festivals really overdue it and shorten set times. Ibiza has the right amount of stacked lineups in most of their events and I enjoy that.

I agree with this, there's also an expectation at festivals for an artist to play their commercial hits so it can be a bit less interesting or even a set you've heard most of already at another festival where you saw that artist. Club sets allow a lot more freedom and expression by the artist, even more so in the closing 4-6AM slots as these usually have the best set of the night imo, the DJ can often do what they want by this point which is great for someone like me who likes hearing/discovering new things.

Will I be able to get into hi anytime if I buy ticket for hi opening? Like could I go in at 5am / 6am and still till close?

Prove me wrong but I would say there is zero chance of David Guetta appearing on the lineup for Hï or Ushüaia's opening party!
I Think exactly this opposite, he gonna play ( maybe even 2 set ) but not the kind of set he does play normally !
A normal one in Ushuaia and then a more underground one in hi as jack back !

It’s a really good news this event for the island !
I m not a hi fan , quite the opposite tbh but put in account that it’s in May , all the Duch bag wan’t be there , wan’t be like space of course but it’s something positive, and the island need positive things at the moment so for me it’s well done ?

It’s a really good news this event for the island !
I m not a hi fan , quite the opposite tbh but put in account that it’s in May , all the Duch bag wan’t be there , wan’t be like space of course but it’s something positive, and the island need positive things at the moment so for me it’s well done ?

Agreed. Props to them for stepping up. The other clubs should definitely pay attention.

Reading some of the comments above you'd have thought that the likes of Space and Ibiza generally used to give drinks and entry away. I remember going to We Love in 2006 and the Vodka was still €15 back then I am sure.

I am hardly Hi's biggest fan, but the idea they are going to let you pop out and buy drinks in the supermarket is pretty naïve.

I think Simon Dunmore (Defected) was having a dig at the big clubs for pricing out the kids. I respect what he is doing with the likes of Defected @ Eden etc, but I also remember Defected at Pacha (pre 2013) also charging 40-50€ entry and drinks at similar prices to today.

Reading some of the comments above you'd have thought that the likes of Space and Ibiza generally used to give drinks and entry away. I remember going to We Love in 2006 and the Vodka was still €15 back then I am sure.
I do remember when you got a free drink on entry, one passout (Home on Sunday) and they paid your taxi if you had enough people in it....although the drinks were about the same.

I do remember when you got a free drink on entry, one passout (Home on Sunday) and they paid your taxi if you had enough people in it....although the drinks were about the same.
showing your age there ;);)

yes, clubs have never given away drinks. and the last ticket with free drink included for any of the big clubs was probably 15 years ago. as stivi says, you take a breather between events. enjoy a pizza at bella napoli or (or a 2.50 slice of margherita further down the road at pizza piadina), a good sit down and off you go again for the night time session.

if you are looking to do ibiza on the cheap, you are not going to go to the odyssey opening for both sessions. it's gonna be a pricey event - but this takes me back to the opening weekends of old which used to be a marathon and cost a bomb (even for the residents). i am tempted to go to myself!

there's plenty of cheaper events available - zoo, defected at eden, even together at amnesia is on sale for 25 eur right now - that's a steal.

anyway, hope some of you make it over. there'll definitely be a spotlight drinks corner somewhere ;)

Me too. Back in the peseta days you could come and go as you pleased from Space, Es and Eden!

Back