Odd songs that might work in Ibiza..

Oh yeah all mine are for sunset or sunrise. I don't do clubs..:) if I want to see a dj Ibiza would probably be the last place id go to hear someone..

I don't know. Exceptionally doomy rock music doesn't smack of Ibiza to me, for example. I'm kind of thinking it needs to be a bit dancey, or a bit sunny, or a bit hippy... (Very puzzled by the inclusion of Joy Division in this thread. :lol:)
:) what if you were feeling exceptionally doomy though ?

and there's always room for Joy Division

:) what if you were feeling exceptionally doomy though ?

and there's always room for Joy Division

I like Joy Division a lot, but their sound is tied to a gloomy Manchester, not Ibiza (imo) - unless there are remixes which make them sound more suitable.

What do you think of my selection.. ? The billy idol isn't a joke..:)

I like Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face. Reminds me of a very early lads holiday (in Wales) where I got totally hammered one night, probably worst of my life at that point. Couldn't move the next day, and when I eventually did all I could do is take a walk along the beach listening to it on my MiniDisc player, in the rain.

The other reason I remember, it was 7th July 1998. The day after the Piper Alpha disaster.

Song reminds me of both of those events, just seemed to fit the mood that day, and it's stuck with me for both those reasons ever since.

thread's too random. there's no running theme. it isn't clear if we're talking about dancefloors, sunsets or whether I should unleash my archive of yacht rock?

any track I've ever mentioned on this forum is ibiza-friendly. wouldn't have posted it otherwise

I understand what you're saying. But The stuff I've posted would be considered for a sunset mix..?

Last edited:
Back