Odd songs that might work in Ibiza..

Johnny Vodka

Inspired by this really.

All it needs is to be spun out a little more, 12" style and maybe it would be fit for Ibiza.

Not the Ibiza you visit now (;)), but the mid 80s to early 90s Ibiza I can only read of, where the musical styles seemed a lot more mixed.

Here's another...

More tracks in this sort of vein, please. Groovy, offbeat pop music rather than generic house, etc. :D

There's loads of pop.songs with great remixs over the years.. this will be a good thread..

love that quiet village album - still gets regular play across the chillout circuit.

not sure exactly where this thread is going though - are you inviting us to get balearic ?

the parties that I've been going to for the last 15 years have featured a wide range of music from afro dub to disco to house to techno. this is perfectly normal for me and my crew. parties that are just one linear beat all night are boring

I'm signed up to the Harvey philosophy on music - if it makes you want to dance, it goes in the bag - now that might be an underground resistance banger, a shepherd wailing or a malfunctioning washing machine, it really doesn't matter.

love that quiet village album - still gets regular play across the chillout circuit.

not sure exactly where this thread is going though - are you inviting us to get balearic ?

If you like!

There's a chillout circuit? o_O

Are there any parties/places in Ibiza where you can still hear a good mix of music? I remember hearing Mercury Rev's Holes outside Café Del Mar once. That was pretty cool and surprising, even if it didn't quite work..

search the board- i've seen a few live bits advertised

also

flower power - pop/rock
pikes / BHS - depends on the night
HLT - downtempo/chill
Dalias - wax da jam - funk/soul/house/hiphop/disco
Dalias - acid sundays - psychedelic-flavoured? (may check that out in a few weeks)
salinas - pavarotti remixes

the chillout circuit y'know, all the heads, Mison, Gooding, Herbert, Padilla, Barrott, Coyote, Coco, Andy Wilson etc etc all those guys, there's usually at least one of them playing on any given weekend

Afro funk / afro beat. I'm not quite sure what this should be called,probably just funk,but I love it!

And how many times has this been sampled. I .ove this band..

Last edited:
Back