Obama

Boo!!!!! Good thing my absentee ballot will be from Florida. I'll balance you out! :lol:

McCain's VP choice of Alaska governor Sarah Palin is extremely interesting, and surprising. I pretty much agree with what the pundits are saying: One the one hand, she probably gives McCain strength with conservatives and women. On the other, she kills his argument about Obama's lack of experience, given that she's served less than 2 years as a governor.

Funny story - I was in Alaska at a reception with former governor Murkowski on the day he lost the Republic primary to Palin two years ago. I remember seeing her signs up all over the place...there was a lot of enthusiasm for her. But Alaska is a small state in terms of population, so she gives McCain little territorial assistance (unlike Biden, who can help with states like Pennsylvania)

In any case, this whole thing is going to go down to the wire...

nail on head... personally think that's a bizarre choice by McCain - maybe all his preferred candidates said no?

nail on head... personally think that's a bizarre choice by McCain - maybe all his preferred candidates said no?
Wonder who is preferred candidates were then. Everyone was floating the names of Mitt Romney and Minnesota governor Pawlenty... Romney is a scary ambitious guy who would have leapt at the opprotunity. I think Pawlenty too. Only top prospect I can think of who publicly said no was Bobby Jindhal, a south Asian guy who is governor of Louisiana.

Great sketch on the Daily Show w/ John Stewart last night... "senior female analyst" Samantha Bee was deadpanning how McCain's choice would certainly change the vote of her and all other Hillary supporters, despite the fact that Palin's politics are the polar opposite of Clinton's. After all, women clearly "don't vote with their heads, but with their hoods" (the latter being another in a long line of vagina-related euphemisms in her commentary) :lol:

McCain...Obama...Same, same, but not the same.

I am an American.

I've been to war. I've lost friends.

I'm not happy about where my country is right now.

Make no mistake about it. It doesn't matter who we elect.

No real change is ever going to happen. Too much money is involved.

I'm so pissed the two we have up there are the best choices we have I am just not voting.

Too old, too inexperienced to make a difference, too racial...yada, yada...

However, if the world thinks we're a better country with Obama as president...I hope he gets elected so we can at least be percieved as a better country.

Again, either candidate sucks...I am just tired of having to say I'm from New Orleans instead of the US. Luckilly, no one in the world seems to know that is part of America (including Americans).

vote-for-pedro.jpg

Obama as President will make a big difference since the Congress is already controlled by Democrats. If the Executive and Legislative branches belong to the same party it will mean neither is likely to block legislation by the other - which translates into .....Change.

It seems that the oh so clever Republicans have found a sneaky way of deflecting all criticism and winning the election

Q. Sen. McCain, how come you are so out of touch that you don’t know how many houses you own?

A. I was a POW.

Q. Gov. Palin, is it true that you want to overturn Roe v Wade, shoot wolves from an aeroplane, want to censor libraries and believe in Creationism?

A. I have a Down’s Syndrome Child.

Is it me or alot of English young people jumping on the Obama bandwagon to act cool ?! Really starting to annoy me.

Is it me or alot of English young people jumping on the Obama bandwagon to act cool ?! Really starting to annoy me.

it's nothing to do with being cool - most people are just kakking themselves at the thought of another narrow-minded, clueless, twat of a right wing president getting in and continuing to screw up the middle east and the environment + indoctrinating kids with bible bashing, creationist bollox...

+ I think Obama SEEMS modern, liberal and worldly - something the world is crying out for in America's leaders

victory for him might also heal a nation scarred by a shameful civil rights history

those reasons (just for starters) are why any sane individual should vote democrat

sadly, I don't think he has a chance, faced with the full might of the Republican negative ad machine...

Yep.

Absolute bollocks. America will still be america, a change of the President will change pretty much nothing...

On an International level, anyway. Which begs the question, why exactly are non Americans pretending to care?

it's nothing to do with being cool - most people are just kakking themselves at the thought of another narrow-minded, clueless, twat of a right wing president getting in and continuing to screw up the middle east and the environment + indoctrinating kids with bible bashing, creationist bollox...

+ I think Obama SEEMS modern, liberal and worldly - something the world is crying out for in America's leaders

victory for him might also heal a nation scarred by a shameful civil rights history

those reasons (just for starters) are why any sane individual should vote democrat

sadly, I don't think he has a chance, faced with the full might of the Republican negative ad machine...

The point your missing is that most young English people know nothing about the candidates and election. Therefore, they pretty much are saying it just to be cool. From a personal point of view, I know few things, Obama is black, and a bit young and gonna do different things, McCain is old, shoots animals and is probably racist, sexist etc., same old bollocks. Put that on Newsnight !!

Totally agree,except for your last line, I do think he has a chance....but, I am someone who still does not believe Bush could win again, last time around....:spank:

The point your missing is that most young English people know nothing about the candidates and election. Therefore, they pretty much are saying it just to be cool. From a personal point of view, I know few things, Obama is black, and a bit young and gonna do different things, McCain is old, shoots animals and is probably racist, sexist etc., same old bollocks. Put that on Newsnight !!

All I know he is 10,000-1 for the West Ham job.

Better off where he is, less aggro.

Back