OBAMA is PRESIDENT!!!!

M "Maybe not for you, mate, and that's perfectly understandable, but if you look at reactions, newspapers, comments from around the world over this past week (which I've done), it's certainly true in a lot of places."

I have read a paper n stuff. FFS!!

bah, lets "hope" that change is coming learned one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Sorry, wasn't saying you don't read the newspaper! ;)

I'm doing a big collage of worldwide newspaper fronts from Nov 5-6 to get printed for my parents for a Christmas present. I'll try to post it when I'm done. It really is amazing to see.

i have to agree with morbyd, i'm still in shock about what's happened. i keep thinking back to the convention speech in 2004 and thinking, it be good if that guy was in charge - never believing it would happen.

put simply, obama is an inspiration to millions across the world, myself included. it feels like a good guy is in charge, you know.........it has totally galvanised my sense of faith towards humanity and society....seriously!

in his book, he talks about the fear of losing. if he had lost this time, my sense of disenchament with democracy and society would have been irreparable, i would have never voted again, i'm sure of that because i know there would have been no point.......unless/until another inspirational obama type figure came along that is.

viva obama! whether he stands or falls, viva obama!

Ummmm...gentlemen....

the election is over.

You can stop with the programmed blog global responce machine.

It seems too much like the propoganda it is so stop pushing now and let MR. OBAMA's actions speak for themselves.

The war is over, go home...

More than "wait and see" at this point is just hopeful stuff that dreams are made of.

Mr. Obama has done nothing yet and everthing he does will be scrutanized to the millionth degree.

Lets all give Mr. Obama a shot before we pass either postitive or negative judgement.

If the slate is truely clean, stop trying to write history before it begins.

I think we Germans are happy the Obama is the new president .... :D

Angela Merkel likes him very much .... (she told us that in the television news) !

but sorry sorry sorry, my favorite was Hillary !

another puppet to be played with - OMG I'm so fukin happy Obama got voted in, it makes me so fukin happy.

GET REAL FFFFFFFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another puppet to be played with -
OMG I'm so fukin happy ..., it makes me so fukin happy.
GET REAL FFFFFFFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

2e3v8kl.jpg

mtnz2v.jpg

well..first of all greetins to the peeps in this joint!8)...
i wander how much of a party animal obama is?...and whether he'll relax the bullsh*t draconian clubing laws in
the u.s that were first put in place by the regan regime??

well..first of all greetins to the peeps in this joint!8)...
i wander how much of a party animal obama is?...and whether he'll relax the bullsh*t draconian clubing laws in
the u.s that were first put in place by the regan regime??

I am curious as to who will perform perform at his inauguration - he had a lot of celebrity support, including some big names from the music world- Stevie Wonder is already confirmed:), I wonder who will be joining him...I doubt Obama will be lighting up or doing bumps tho (the fact he admitted smoking herb and doing blow= 8))
djcadenza- Reagan, for all of his faults, really had nothing to do with any nightlife laws/regulations- in fact during Reagan/1st Bush years nightlife thrived in the states, 80s- early 90s were probably the most innovative, creative time for US nightlife, with some of the world's best clubs in cities like NY, Chicago, Detroit, etc. - restrictive laws came later:cry:, and are almost always generated at a local (city/state) level.

This photo posted on the White House Flickr account this week

3532376714_cc9ce8cf80.jpg

"President Barack Obama bends over so the son of a White House staff member can pat his head during a family visit to the Oval Office May 8, 2009. The youngster wanted to see if the President's haircut felt like his own."

How friggin' sweet is that? Cheesy as it might sound, I am so proud of my country and my president right now :D

I think just about nobody misses Bush - all seems a like a very bad dream...

I do miss letsgetdownanddirtybaby though

As we established a while ago, you lot know more about most larks than I do.

But, that pic is actually from the White House blog right?

So it is not beyond the realms of fantasy that it is not com per leterly spontanious?

Nah... the WH photographer follows him around all the time.

He probably caught the moment, and whatever staffer manages the Flickr account decided to post it.

Nah... the WH photographer follows him around all the time.

He probably caught the moment, and whatever staffer manages the Flickr account decided to post it.

ok, i'll run with your optimistic take. We to are so very proud of our politicians!

POL+-+michael-martin-speaker-comm.jpg

Any thoughts on this from the US (and other countries) - would you be as 'outraged' as we are?

I don't know anyone who does not maximise their allowances - that is, you have a hotel allowance, you don't stay in the travel lodge when it stretches to the Lanesborough do you?

The 'flipping' etc stinks - however the media are deliberatly confusing the two & it is not helpful for debate.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rqH4fUbko...dM/s320/POL+-+michael-martin-speaker-comm.jpg

I think your media has gone a bit wild with it, to be honest. Real mountain out of mole hill stuff. Change the rules and then move on.

With many of the rags, there's an obvious agenda to get Labor out, even though plenty of Torries seem to be up the same creek!

Back