• Pepe Roselló announces the opening of a new Space •

The biography "Pepe Roselló. La Ibiza vivida" (Balàfia Postals), written by the journalist Xescu Prats, is out now :!:

"La biografía de Pepe Roselló alterna calamidades, golpes de fortuna, anécdotas inverosímiles y un talento arrollador. Nació en plena Gerra Civil y se crió en el arrabal de Sant Antoni de Portmany, entre labriegos, pescadores y emigrantes. Como pionero, ha vivido en primera persona la transformación de Ibiza y, en sus resturantes y salas de fiestas, se ha codeado con artistas, monarcas, millonarios, hippies, falsificadores, divas de la ópera y toda la asombrosa fauna de aquella isla mítica.

La discoteca Space, su gran éxito, le convirtió en el empresario del ocio más laureado del mundo."

Scan_167.jpg

* new restaurant in Ses Variades: Space Sun Beach
Pepe, now 85, has signed a 15-year contract according to this interesting interview...

Pepe, now 85, has signed a 15-year contract according to this interesting interview...

I never realised he was Pepe in Rincon de Pepe.

You can still find some metal from the airplane at Sa Talaia at the top.
I posted pictures of it in the past. Not online anymore though...

... btw, interesting thread that one!

^ Good article. I didn't know about that air disaster in 1972. Sounded horrendous
CockpitStudio made "Accidente en Ibiza"
a 6 minutes video last year. It's on/at youtube.
Ael Santos, made another one called "Accidente de avion Ibiza 1972 also
last year.

Last edited:
The biography "Pepe Roselló. La Ibiza vivida" (Balàfia Postals), written by the journalist Xescu Prats, is out now :!:

"La biografía de Pepe Roselló alterna calamidades, golpes de fortuna, anécdotas inverosímiles y un talento arrollador. Nació en plena Gerra Civil y se crió en el arrabal de Sant Antoni de Portmany, entre labriegos, pescadores y emigrantes. Como pionero, ha vivido en primera persona la transformación de Ibiza y, en sus resturantes y salas de fiestas, se ha codeado con artistas, monarcas, millonarios, hippies, falsificadores, divas de la ópera y toda la asombrosa fauna de aquella isla mítica.

La discoteca Space, su gran éxito, le convirtió en el empresario del ocio más laureado del mundo."

Scan_167.jpg
Book launch this friday...

274911823_6938814362855692_6003123565635065341_n.jpg

^ that has the makings of an absolute classic. I love the fact he is still around, still active, and still causing mischief.

Nothing new as far as I know. If someone is in San Antonio and wants to have a look at what used to be Sugar Sea (at the left of Savannah as you face the sea), the works in his new restaurant must've started by now.

Btw, yesterday Matutes Jr replied on Twitter to one of the many articles he continues publishing in the local press...

I don't understand ......... On hard rock we saw this :
space-reopen-billboard.jpeg

This year the "Privileges" will not open because it is too dilapidated after 2 years of closure....... Will Matutes be able to invest the money to relaunch the place in SPACE?

Ok a new space but where? If I'm not talking nonsense, it's impossible to launch a new disco unless the "DISCOTECA" already exists.... So where can they launch a new space? And when ?

no matter who (matutes or rosselló) opens a new space, no matter where, it won't beat the original.

i sound like a broken record I know, but the island has moved on, a lot of the original space cadets have hung up their dancing boots in the meantime.

just let it be. if matutes ends up turning privi into space it will have no resemblance, neither optically and far less emotionally.

I don't have anything against getting privi back up to scratch, simply don't try to run it as 'space'

Sorry, but I don't agree with you.... Like fashion... We always go back to the origins.. Ibiza of 20 years ago will come back one day. But when :)

no matter who (matutes or rosselló) opens a new space, no matter where, it won't beat the original.

i sound like a broken record I know, but the island has moved on, a lot of the original space cadets have hung up their dancing boots in the meantime.

just let it be. if matutes ends up turning privi into space it will have no resemblance, neither optically and far less emotionally.

I don't have anything against getting privi back up to scratch, simply don't try to run it as 'space'
Totally agree, there is zero point in launching a pastiche of something from the past. It's an issue that plagues contemporary culture enough as it is. Renovate Privi, make it something new, great, but why chase former glories when there are new glories to be forged?

Back