• Pepe Roselló announces the opening of a new Space •

Sorry, but I don't agree with you.... Like fashion... We always go back to the origins.. Ibiza of 20 years ago will come back one day. But when :)

I know you don't agree and I appreciate that. what you don't seem to understand is that currently pepe rosselló has zero options of reopening space elsewhere on the island and I am sorry, his time is simply running out.

and if matutes opens space, no matter if in privi or elsewhere, it will not be the space you (and I and thousands of others) loved. space without pepe running it will not be space, period.

I know you don't agree and I appreciate that. what you don't seem to understand is that currently pepe rosselló has zero options of reopening space elsewhere on the island and I am sorry, his time is simply running out.

and if matutes opens space, no matter if in privi or elsewhere, it will not be the space you (and I and thousands of others) loved. space without pepe running it will not be space, period.
🙏

Another year privi closed maybe means: Building can not longer be saved .
Maybe the licence is more worth than the building ? Then it will be back. Or : Maybe it will be a lost place , Festival club 2 ?

I agree with Stivi that for old, die-hard Space fans it does not make sense to open a renovated Privilege as Space, as it will never be the same. But from a marketing standpoint and to cater for a young generation of clubbers who have never been to the original (the majority) it might make perfect sense, as the brand Space is so much bigger and famous than the brand/name Privilege.

But from a marketing standpoint and to cater for a young generation of clubbers who have never been to the original (the majority) it might make perfect sense
Is the brand Space known among them at all, and would they care? It has been a few years since Space closed. To me, it sounds akin to resurrecting Ku. I have never been to the original, and as an Ibiza lover, I obviously know the brand. But if some establishment named "Ku" opens on the island (doesn't matter if at the original location or not), I doubt I will bother to visit just because of the famous name.

What I don't get is, if Matutes owned the brand in addition to the building, why didn't he simply continue running Space as Space after having thrown Rosello out? Somehow it still doesn't add up...

Back