• Pepe Roselló announces the opening of a new Space •

So you're trying to tell me that Space was commonly known as a live music - venue? Of course you can name a bunch of bands that performed during the clubs lifetime, but when you compare the number of DJs to the number of bands that played there in 27 years I bet it's not even 5 percent live music. That's what I meant with off brand. Not even Stivi could come up with an example of a band there :)

One of my biggest regrets was not seeing Grace Jones at Space in 2009. I was on the island at the time too!

So you're trying to tell me that Space was commonly known as a live music - venue? Of course you can name a bunch of bands that performed during the clubs lifetime, but when you compare the number of DJs to the number of bands that played there in 27 years I bet it's not even 5 percent live music. That's what I meant with off brand. Not even Stivi could come up with an example of a band there :)
In earlier Ibiza days , there were more Bands than DJs. Festival Club only live music .DJ culture started at the early 80s.
I remember Prefab Sprout in Ku. Anyone remembers this great Band ?
Saw Hercules and Love Affair in Ibz.Cannot remember where.
Live Bands in Space ist new for me.

In earlier Ibiza days , there were more Bands than DJs. Festival Club only live music .DJ culture started at the early 80s.
I remember Prefab Sprout in Ku. Anyone remembers this great Band ?
Saw Hercules and Love Affair in Ibz.Cannot remember where.
Live Bands in Space ist new for me.
Indeed. Ku was known primarily as a live music venue in its early days, and beyond its early days.

Like everything, things evolved. The established clubs have primarily been known for the output of the DJs that play there since at least the 80s. That is what started to drag over the tourist masses from Britain and the rest of Europe. Live acts and bands have been accommodated since, but it’s on a micro level.

But who am I to speak? In 20 + years going out to Ibiza with me, my wife tells me the best event she went to was Kylie Minogue at Ushuaia 😳.

Here we go...

* new restaurant in Ses Variades: Space Sun Beach
* Sundays at Space @ TBC

i was trying to tell someone in the DC10 queue (we had a lonnnng time to talk) that they used to serve food in space (I thought it was pizza slices)
It wasn't exclusive to Space - Amnesia used to have bocadillos (and really affordable ones - they sold food in order to sell drinks :) )

i was trying to tell someone in the DC10 queue (we had a lonnnng time to talk) that they used to serve food in space (I thought it was pizza slices) and they really wouldn’t believe me 😂
The big question that always went through my head at space was how long had those pizza slices been there? There were times when I was pondering buying the same slice on Sunday that I’d seen the previous Monday! 😂

The big question that always went through my head at space was how long had those pizza slices been there? There were times when I was pondering buying the same slice on Sunday that I’d seen the previous Monday! 😂
How do you know it was the same slice - did you steal a piece of salami off it? :p

No idea about Space, but bocadillos I ate at Amnesia were fresh (and huge).

Back