Notting Hill Carnival

the way i describe it is one of the friendliest events you will ever go to that is also on the edge of violence most the time ha ha. I genuinely have a great time and chat to loads of randoms and everyone is having a good time, but you can see how a small issue can spiral really fast.

went on monday and I didn't like the vibe at all I have to say.

Maybe I was just unlucky where I was but I felt quite like it was about to kick off at any moment.

Went on Sunday and totally loved it. Some of the soundsystems were monstrously powerful, will be going every year from now on, can't believe how much time and money I spent drinking £5 cans of Tuborg and needing an ear trumpet at SW4.

Would definitely recommend going early (i.e. before noon) as we did, meant we could have a leisurely Jerk lunch, enjoy a few drinks and roam around to get our bearings before things got really packed around 1600hrs.

One thing you get at Carnival is real Systems made by people who love everything about them and soundsystem culture. Probably twice as loud as SW4 easy

One thing you get at Carnival is real Systems made by people who love everything about them and soundsystem culture. Probably twice as loud as SW4 easy
This is the thing....can't understand why they can have it so loud at carnival...properly booming everywhere with houses on the doorstep (literally). But SW4, has so many restrictions when it is in a park with trees around it, finishes at 10 and is well organised with good security and police...no bother at all. Makes no sense. It really is a shame as the line-ups are amazing year after year...but you're better off with carnival, no big names but music you can hear!

Back down in August for this. Brilliant day last year.

Johnny Aux, Geddes, Phil Asher, Stuart Patterson, Bobby Pleasure, Tim Keenoy, Dave Jarvis, Wayne Holland, Si Kurrage + Mr Shiver

After last year's sold out carnival special London club crews mulletover and The DATE come together again for another afternoon in the sun. Back at the same ace location on the edge of carnival (on the corner of Ladbroke Grove and Harrow Rd and just 5 mins walk from either Kensal Rise or Kensal Green stations).

As well as house music all afternoon long on the huge and quality Funktion 1 sound system outside we have added a great new indoor disco room, so two sound systems and no noise restrictions on the only weekend of the year where we can really turn the music up.

Johnny Aux (one half of London's hottest house outfit) is supported by long time London djs Geddes and Stuart Patterson while Bobby Pleasure and Wayne Holland warm up proceedings outside in the courtyard.

In the disco room Phil Asher, Tim Keenoy, Dave Jarvis, Si Kurrage and Mr Shiver mix original 70's and 80's disco with recent reworked versions.
It's a private, ticket only event so totally safe and secure with friendly security, plenty of toilets and properly stocked bars, plus tasty Caribbean food.
Please note we have to close at 7pm promptly so open at midday on the dot and are offering tickets £5 cheaper for those arriving before 2pm. (Plus drink deals for the first couple of hours as well). It's the only Sunday of the year we can dance outside legally with size sound so please come and make the most of the afternoon with us.
Last year was a real highlight but we aim to surpass that this August bank holiday.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?982494

I'm being a bit thick, but how exactly does this work @Dirk Bigler ?

The venue is within the Notting Hill Carnival zone - but requires ticketed admission, and the music is outside? And they can ramp the volume all the way up because it's carnival day?? But only strictly until 7pm

I'm being a bit thick, but how exactly does this work @Dirk Bigler ?

The venue is within the Notting Hill Carnival zone - but requires ticketed admission, and the music is outside? And they can ramp the volume all the way up because it's carnival day?? But only strictly until 7pm

Its just outside the official carnival zone. Last year we did carnival from about 12 - 4pm and then headed to this until 7pm. Less crowded, nice people, good music and clean toilets!

Too much of a pussy?
Give it a rest mate.

It has the worst crowds i have ever seen. Bunch of bottom feeders causing dirt and violence. Every day to them is bank holiday. A staggering amount of crime committed and the music is shit. I prefer a more chilled out vibe.

Its an embarrassment

Last edited:
the way i describe it is one of the friendliest events you will ever go to that is also on the edge of violence most the time ha ha. I genuinely have a great time and chat to loads of randoms and everyone is having a good time, but you can see how a small issue can spiral really fast.

I've not been in years, but from past experiences I echo these sentiments. In a world which is over sanitised and over regulated, that edginess is selling point to many. Most of the police seem pretty up for the craic. But I guess it only takes one or two idiots to go too far and spoil everybody's fun.

carnival itself used to be a good laugh early doors - red stripes and reefers galore whilst Norman Jay knocked out the funky house on the Good Times bus (no more I hear?). always a nice vibe.

but it always had the potential to get nasty later on though (esp on the monday) when the rudebwoys took over

Give it a rest mate.

It has the worst crowds i have ever seen. Bunch of bottom feeders causing dirt and violence. Every day to them is bank holiday. A staggering amount of crime committed and the music is shit. I prefer a more chilled out vibe.

Its an embarrassment

Probably not for an Ushuaia, Hi or Ocean Beach crowd, but give me edginess any day.

Yeah, looking forward to getting back to Carnival this year after swerving it last. Going to make the efforts to check out the Toddla T Soundsystem stage this year!

Raresh is playing for Half Baked the night before so will be slightly jaded come sunday - probably for the best!

Give it a rest mate.

Its an embarrassment

"a staggering amount of crime"...one problem with this...it just isnt backed up by much other than Daily Mail headlines. Statistically, when you take in to account the number of people there, the crime rates arent that much higher proportionally than a average Friday night in London.

Back