Notting Hill Carnival

Anyone know wha has happened to Mulletover? No updates on their Facebook this year and no carnival announcement?

Was hoping to go again this year but the wife has selected that weekend as the perfect opportunity to potty train our boy. Doubt a grown man carrying a potty around looking for somewhere to empty it is the strangest thing seen at carnival though so might chance it

Best weekend of the year incoming! Disco Hustlers in the sunshine, much needed! Anyone got any idea on their location this year?!

Given the problems in London this year I’m defo swerving it. Hope everyone that does go enjoys it and stays safe

^^ I'm sure you'll be one of many! The thought had crossed our minds too. Hopefully these fools can hold it together for one weekend and don't spoil it for everyone!

Given the problems in London this year I’m defo swerving it. Hope everyone that does go enjoys it and stays safe
Yep, good shout, hopefully it passes off smoothly.

I've seen somewhere that Pineapple Tribe are back this year, in the same spot Good Times used to be...that will be quality! Can't make it this year as going down to Victorious festival in Pompey to see the Prodigy.....

This f**king country and its sh*thouse weather!! The one day of the year you want dry.

This is why I’m done doing UK festivals.

Attachments

• 4E4CE250-2A91-4A43-BBCA-568074F78E51.png
    4E4CE250-2A91-4A43-BBCA-568074F78E51.png
    374 KB · Views: 9
Ugh, London’s big enough and weather forecasts are inaccurate enough for that to be wrong though.

I’ll be heading down early on the Sunday with my 1 year old (the one who isn’t potty training) but will have to leave before it gets too hectic. Coming in from Notting Hill Gate side so doubt I’ll make it all the way up to Pineapple Tribe but will be over at Disco Hustlers at some point.

Knife arches being deployed this year, hope it goes off without any serious incidents.

Personally couldn't think of anything worse than going to Notting Hill Carnival.

Attended once about 5/6 years ago (granted not with a view to attending any particular event/party within the carnival just to have a wander and observe) and hated every minute of it until we left. HUGELY overcrowded, awful crowd, everything was overpriced, the music I heard sounded horrendous. I didn't even think the atmosphere was that great.

Maybe I've had a bad experience but I would need some serious persuading to return - particularly with the state of affairs in London at the moment, a part of me feels like this event will not go ahead without some form of incident.

Tbf my first experience was some what similar to yours many years ago! ... the weather bombed that year and that has a massive effect on the vibe!

Second time round we did our homework, found the sound systems that suited us best and haven’t missed one since! When the sun is shining and your in the right place it can be pretty special.

Basically, give it another go!

I've been twice: once as a teenagers accompanied by parents, siblings, cousins and older relatives, the second time in my early twenties. Both were bad experiences on par with what @perrylgooner describes. That said, I would like to give it another go having done some homework. There's always so much going on that weekend, it always gets pushed to the back on my options. When doesn't the weather bomb August Bank Hol weekend in the south east?! :lol:
I've had better weather at Creamfields past few years.

Had an amazing time yesterday and managed to stay relatively calm as im working today. Didnt do as much dancing this year but saw a lot of the parade and was great fun. Havent been on Monday in years....it really is a lot busier than Sunday.

Went early on the Sunday with my 1 year old, very wet but still great fun. Lots of friendly people enjoying seeing a drenched man holding a can of beer, dancing at Dsico Hustlers whilst pushing a stroller back and forth.

Great atmosphere but think that might be because of the plucky revellers trying to have fun despite the weather, this helped with the crowds as fewer people meant very easy to get around.

Stuck to the SE corner, Disco Hustlers, Solution, King Tubby’s but enjoyed Rampage the most, my son managed to fall asleep there which is some achievement given the volume.

I heard Monday was extra packed and lively especially as it was dry. I can easily see how many would think that’s a nightmare. For those that hate carnival it’s probably because they’ve been caught in a crush around then. I’d suggest they head down around lunchtime instead, much more tolerable and you can leave when things get bad.

And it’s all free! In London! Also still find it incredible walking down millionaire’s row all boarded up with a massive soundsystem at one end on full blast.

Highlight had to be the MC at Rampage though, they were sponsored by a trading app this year which prompted him to toast about financial prudence: “stocks and shares, stocks and shares”.

Went early on the Sunday with my 1 year old, very wet but still great fun. Lots of friendly people enjoying seeing a drenched man holding a can of beer, dancing at Dsico Hustlers whilst pushing a stroller back and forth.

Great atmosphere but think that might be because of the plucky revellers trying to have fun despite the weather, this helped with the crowds as fewer people meant very easy to get around.

Stuck to the SE corner, Disco Hustlers, Solution, King Tubby’s but enjoyed Rampage the most, my son managed to fall asleep there which is some achievement given the volume.

I heard Monday was extra packed and lively especially as it was dry. I can easily see how many would think that’s a nightmare. For those that hate carnival it’s probably because they’ve been caught in a crush around then. I’d suggest they head down around lunchtime instead, much more tolerable and you can leave when things get bad.

And it’s all free! In London! Also still find it incredible walking down millionaire’s row all boarded up with a massive soundsystem at one end on full blast.

Highlight had to be the MC at Rampage though, they were sponsored by a trading app this year which prompted him to toast about financial prudence: “stocks and shares, stocks and shares”.

Rampage was so so busy in Monday. literally popped our heads in and you couldnt even get in to the road its on, then headed onwards elsewhere.

Would agree...go early! Its so hard explaining to friends that if you roll up at 5, you will spend 2 hours wandering around before finding a packed soundsystem that is about to close down.

Made it to carnival on Monday this year. Still amazes me how it’s allowed to continue as is. Still impressed by the sound systems battering the windows of the expensive houses they’re set-up in front of. Still loving that it’s totally free. I thought the hot weather might cause an uptick in bad behaviour but all seemed to go off relatively calmly (a mere 350ish arrests!)

Must have caught Rampage at a bad time as they were playing quieter and duller than usual. Still better then the next street over playing “Old Town Road”, dear oh dear.

There was a Keinemusik Carnival party at The Loft in Kensal Green with &Me and the crew on the sunday, it was so good!
I went to the actual carnival for a bit too, but was way too rammed for my liking.

Back