No More Balconing Please

Hi Guys,

As I was leaving for the Airport last Sunday I just checked out my hotel and I seen a Girl fall from her Balcony just opposite the Tropical Hotel in San Antonio, It was absolutely horrific and she obviously died, I was just wondering if anyone else had seen or heard about it as I would just like to know her name and why she fell? I can't get it out of my head it's been on my mind since and I was just wanting a bit of closure, Plenty of people I met over there have heard about it and I can't find anything in the media it just seems really strange that nothing has been reported.

It was such a tragic end to my 3rd visit this season I'm not been morbid or anything I would just like to know what happened it was around 11pm the Sunday before last, any information will be greatly appreciated.

search for 'no more balconing please' and you'll find it, there was a post about it if I'm not mistaken.

always very sad.

[i merged both threads together - McR]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find it but a dude has started a conversation with me and posted a police report..........
PALMA DE MALLORCA, 04 (EUROPA PRESS)

A young man in his 30s died last night after falling from a third floor in the Ibizan town of Sant Antoni de Portmany, according to Europa Press reported sources of the 061 emergency service.

Specifically, the 061 received notice of the incident about 2325 hours. To place the local police and later moved two units of basic and advanced life support.

Health found that the girl had gone into cardiac arrest and attempted to revive her, but could do nothing to save his life and died an hour and a half later.

I'm not sure if it's just traslated wrong but it does say girl at the end, terrible :(

Yeah It's defo Her the date time and place are exactly correct, I can't get seeing her out my head it was the most horrific thing I have ever seen, I was looking for a bit of closure but I think it will stay with me forever, I'd just like to know her name and where she was from and a little about her as seeing her in her last moments of her life and not knowing is awful, my heart goes out to her family and friends, what away to die on a street in San Antonio I can't find the words.

It seems really strange that nothing has been reported in the media apart from that article, I'm presuming details will be released when the investigated has been completed I'm not sure how the Spanish authorities deal with this kind of thing, whilst searching for info it has shocked me the amount of deaths over the years from people falling from balconies I know not a lot can be done to stop it but atleast if it was reported more, more people will be careful.

I'm back out at the end of the month for a bit more Dj'ing so I'm hoping I can find out more about her, so so sad :(

Sad and thing is these incidents are in the end passed off as statistics. It's so easy for people to get either carried away or depressed in the release of holidays. Common sense goes out of the window or issues get magnified to the fore.

There are literally hundreds of deaths / injuries across the Med in Summer and very few get any serious press coverage. It's not an Ibiza thing so much as a youngsters abroad thing (albeit this girl was in her 30s seemingly).

Came across this whilst briefly browsing and just back from there - it's not just balconing, the irresponsibility and inexperience of some of the kids in Laganas and let out on the roads on mopeds and quads was truly shocking, and much worse than what you see in Ibiza : http://nakedzante.com/how-not-to-die.html

Reactions: Liv
I am fully aware people die every day but when you see a Girl scream fall from a great hight the sound of her body hitting the floor then silence witnessing her body broken in two then her boyfriend screaming next to her body makes it all the more personal.

That's a horrible thing to witness, especially on holiday when you are in good spirits, the last thing you expect to happen is something like that.

But unfortunately is does happen, a lot.

I remember before they put that bridge over the motorway by Amnesia, there must of been 10 or so deaths of people getting run over crossing the road after clubbing at Amnesia or Privilege, not sure where they were going, maybe they had the idea of walking back to their hotel or something... accidents are a lot more likely to happen when you are intoxicated, and as you tend to let you self go more on holiday, its more likely to happen while away.

I am fully aware people die every day but when you see a Girl scream fall from a great hight the sound of her body hitting the floor then silence witnessing her body broken in two then her boyfriend screaming next to her body makes it all the more personal.

He was just trying to highlight the fact that these things are not highlighted or big news in the (uk) media.

Who said she was being an idiot Pablo? It could of been an accident, I was sort of on Holiday ibiza inside that was my 3rd visit Dj'ing out there, I had an amazing weekend the best yet and that happened as i just checked out my hotel to fly home.

Yeah deepseadiver my original post was to find out about her and what happened because seeing someone die in front of you naturally makes you want to find out about them, thats all I've thought about since I landed back in the uk and I've checked media every day to see if I could find out something, it's been horrendous since I got back home another friend and fellow dj from over in America commited suicide last week too, its like a bad dream.

I'm back out in 3 weeks so hopefully I can find out more about her.

Yeah deepseadiver my original post was to find out about her and what happened because seeing someone die in front of you naturally makes you want to find out about them

After about the 4/5th time you get used to it, believe me.

Not at all nice in those particular circumstances, just try and talk about it as much as possible with family and friends in the first instance but DO NOT dwell on it.

Thanks yeah you're right I am probs dwelling on it a little I think it's compounded as I have other stressful stuff happening right now, can't wait to get back out so I can chill, I've got plenty of family and friends about me so thats cool and Dj'ing takes my mind off things.

Shocking mate to witness, having witnessed a serious rta with a motor cyclist when I was only 18 it does seem to stick in your mind and will probably stay with you for many years. Whether it was a moment of madness on her behalf or not, its still not right and no one deserves to go in them circumstances, especially with the family and friends who have to deal with the grief now. We have all done silly things esp as a kid but seeing some of these idiots jumping off balconies to impress their mates and birds?? f*** that seriously what is wrong with some people eh??

Phatboytim - what you saw was traumatic. If I had seen that I would have had to go for grief counselling. Even though You never knew her, the fact is you witnessed something that has shocked and saddened you. Might be good to talk about it....x

two reasons why this and similar incidents on other Islands are not reported a lot:

- bad Publicity, nobody needs sad and tragic storiy during high season. and let's be honest - the Family probably would'nt want it to be in any big News stories.

- media also have a lot of responsibility with these kind of stories as they have to be careful not to produce any copycats and putting ideas into the heads of drunk Kids reading something about balconing in the news. similarly suicides are seldom reported as it puts ideas into the heads of already depressed people.

Back