No More Balconing Please

There's always loads of this in the news all over Spain (Benidorm was notorious for it), although a lot of the press doesn't state that they were jumping from balconies, they're usually "just leaning over and "fell""!!!

IMHO You've got to be pretty darn stupid to try it in the first place :rolleyes:

i was walking along the seafront in san an bay..and there was some lads considering this at the hotel thats connected to the san remo...they were not high up but were above a annexe thing..i persuaded him not to do it,explaining that if you don't make the jump u are going to spend time in hospital and ruin your holiday..luckily he saw sense

The British Government have started a publicity campaign in Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca
... No More Balconing Please ...

"..
The UK government launches a campaign against 'balconing'
Leaflets distributed among the three million tourists this country young hazard warning

J.M.A. / J.B. | Eivissa | 17/08/2012
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA)
have launched a campaign to try to reduce the number of young people in this country
who are injured or killed in incidents involving falls from balconies and windows of tourist
establishments ... according to the BBC.
Official sources say that, often, these incidents are often related to excessive
of alcohol, but not always.

Many of the three million young British tourists who travel abroad this year,
of which a good percentage do so at Ibiza and Mallorca, receive brochures
with explanations and a striking image of Jake Evans, 18 years old,
who fell from a height of seven stories ...

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...-unido-emprende-campana-contra-balconing.html

I'll admit to doing it once ... The only difference was the drop into the pool was no more than three foot, and all balconies on my floor had a ledge for that purpose 8)8)8)

But seriously, WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE DO IT!?

i'm normally not one to comment too much in public, but sometimes you just have to...so I did

link to post: https://www.facebook.com/magnacartalondon?fref=ts
video they shared:

their original text to the vid was 'hats off to the mad hatter' and then (don't try at home or Ibiza). they then amended the text, but how they can leave something like that online is a mystery to me. getting more reach on social media at any cost, what the f*** is wrong with this world. absolutely no offence meant to the magna carta guys, but their social media guy has absolutely no common sense.

tumblr_m7y0l6n8ir1r6bcjno2_500.gif

Just had a look at one of those YouTube links above and seen one of the other videos in that link of some other moron filming from the roof as his mate jumps off!!!!!! :spank:

Idiots!!

There is no way hit didn't hit the bottom of that pool, he's very luck if he walked away unhurt.

As teenagers we used to jump off a small bridge (25ft ish) into a river (6ft deep) and we always hit our arses on the river bed. This is a lot higher, and he's a lot heavier than a teenager!!!

I appreciate the difficult move she went for but because of all the splashing i'd have to score it a 3/10...

She'll never win gold with an attitude like that!!

Back