no more alcohol after midnight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRackin

Super Moderator
hot.gif
news:

the govern balear will ban the sale of alcoholic drinks in shops from midnight to 8am - starting
on january 1st!! :eek:

this will affect negatively to the 24 hours stores and petrol stations but will be positive for
the bars and restaurants!! :rolleyes:

see you in the terrace of wips drinking milkshakes!! :confused:

ibz16.JPG

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hmmmm.

i can see how this will piss some people off, but after midnight your either in a bar, club, or restaurant (well i am anyway)

any way you still have all day to buy that important alcholic drink.

McRackin said:
hot.gif
news:

the govern balear will ban the sale of alcoholic drinks in shops from midnight to 8am - starting
on january 1st!! :eek:

this will affect negatively to the 24 hours stores and petrol stations but will be positive for
the bars and restaurants!! :rolleyes:

thats just it,wips will be no more :(

McRackin said:

I think you're being wildly overgenerous calling that epicentre of human degeneracy a "terrace".

When I was there I could swear I saw two empty chairs pick a fight with each other.

YES normally after midnight your either in a bar, club, or restaurant and you are not drinking alcohol from Whips...

but what about when you just missed a discobus and there is an hour to wait another...

sometimes it can be very important to be able to buy alcohol from strores 24/7 :!:

WIPS will never be the same :(

Everyone will go to Bo's bar up the road instead ;)

Where?

Where is the infamous 'wips' heards about it but never had the 'pleasure'???

Just make sure you stock up in the day.

Does this mean that the vending machines on the streets won't sell beer???

This is the case in england but i know plenty of places in london to buy drink after hours. I don't think it will stop all shops

as far as i'm aware the law only applies to drinks over 12 percent alcohol. also, this law is technically in place at the momment (has been for years) but there is a lock of resources for policing this kind of issue.

JT said:
Just make sure you stock up in the day.
Exactly, no-one says you have to stop drinking the stuff you managed to buy in the daytime... just make sure you have enough in your hotel room before midnight!

seancupthera said:
the law only applies to drinks over 12 percent alcohol

Thanks to you for sharing that. I really don't think I'm going to buy a bottle of Finlandia vodka after midnight but it's nice to be able to buy some Smirnoff Ice.

Red said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

EXACLEY!

well if the law only applies to alcohol only over 12 percent I suppose Ill let them off...

..this time ;) :lol:

sean that's good info. do you know anywhere where i could check that out?

(please don't say juzgados in ibiza town ;-))))

cheers

from el diario

Así lo anunció ayer el conseller de Comercio, Josep Juan Cardona, quien explicó que esta reforma amplía la restricción que hasta ahora impedía la venta de bebidas de más de 18 grados de alcohol, en dichos establecimientos y a partir de las 12 de la noche.

this law is aimed at spanish teenagers, bored and with nowhere to go, who indulge in a 'botellon' = a bottle party. it is very common all over spain and is becoming a real nuisance. i don't think it has much to do with our tourist industry where there are so many other more pleasant places to drink than hanging around on street corners and benches.

The Terrace at Wips is an institution and we must do something to stop this crazy law!

Can someone confirm that it is only drinks above 12% alchohol that they cant sell? I have had some excellent sessions at Wips on my way back from a club and I would seriously consder boycotting Ibiza if this law changed things!

Also, that wee shop on the way up the road from Pacha sells nice cold cheap beer that you can drink whilst trying to get a Taxi!

We need some kinf of petition folks! Who is with me on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back