no more alcohol after midnight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk Bigler said:
The Terrace at Wips is an institution and we must do something to stop this crazy law!

Can someone confirm that it is only drinks above 12% alchohol that they cant sell? I have had some excellent sessions at Wips on my way back from a club and I would seriously consder boycotting Ibiza if this law changed things!

Also, that wee shop on the way up the road from Pacha sells nice cold cheap beer that you can drink whilst trying to get a Taxi!

We need some kinf of petition folks! Who is with me on this one!

You are so right Wips is an institution, it was my life line this year :D

Sorry, what does this prove then? Is this law only for folk under 18?

I need to urgently get to the bottom of this before I start to get some T Shirts printed up and lobby my local MP.

SAVE WIPS! :D

What about this 12% rule? If that's the case I can still get a few cold beers on my way home and enjoy the delights of the Wips Terrace.

:D SAVE WIPS!!!!!

Ibiza-girlie said:
is gonna be expensive but hey! Ibiza IS expensive!

not all of ibiza is expensive, the supermarkets are certainly not expensive, just the clubbing side is expensive.

Lets not forget what we are talking about here.

Can someone 100% confirm that the Mr Wips terrace will be no longer due to this law, or can I get a beer? I need to know before I book up for next year.

Something has to be done, first the sound system at Space, then the attitude of 16 year olds on their first trip to Ibiza who thing they are the business because they work in a bar in Ibiza - Hello?, now this crazy law that could be the end of Wips as we know it!

What are we going to do people? :cry:

Dirk Bigler said:
Can someone 100% confirm that the Mr Wips terrace will be no longer due to this law, or can I get a beer? I need to know before I book up for next year.

taken from this weeks ibiza sun.

From the 1st January of 2004 it will be illegal to sell alcohol in any establishment other than a bar after 12 midnight. This law change, which we reported in earlier editions of The Ibiza Sun, has been approved & will come into affect in the New Year in an attempt to stop drinking in the streets & to control the activities of 24 hour supermarkets, petrol stations & off licences selling alcohol.

The shop keepers association on the island welcomed the announcement but said that it was imperative that there were more Balearic Government commercial inspectors sent to the island to make sure that the law was respected.

Whilst on the subject of shops, now that it is officially no longer the summer tourist season on the island, all shops will have to close on a Sunday & on Fiesta celebration days all over the island. Remember this if you are planning a BBQ or some other party & were thinking of going shopping on a Sunday just before the event as our readers have been able to do up to now all summer long

Sant Antoni To Create Inspectors For 24 Hour Off Licences.
Sant Antoni Town Hall has asked permission from the Balearic Government to create it's own inspector to make sure that the 24 hour supermarkets & off licenses in te town respect the law forbidding the sale of alcohol after midnight. It is hoped that this new inspection system will take effect immediately after the next Town Council meeting votes in favour of the creation of this system of inspections of the 24 hour off licenses & supermarkets.

(the ibiza sun)

Red said:

I agree!! This terrible, I didn' t know any of this! That's the one thing I always loved about Ibiza that you could literally go an buy a alcohol without having to go into a bar at any time of day.......wot are we all gonna do on our way home from clubs now??? :x :cry:

Not a big deal at all - just buy alcohol before midnight and put it somewhere safe (in your hotel room) so u'll have it available whenever u want it.

:confused: glad i read this, better remember to get alochol into my room first before midnight and girls in afterwards ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back