Nights / Promoters: Gone but not forgotten.

if we are talking uk one, for me:

recently(ish):
the cross - always had a great time there
turnmills - goes without saying
lazy dog - as above

a while back:
wobble - the birmingham equivilant to malibu stacey for door policy
code - steve lawler thursday night sessions were memorable (and messy!)

and some of the afore mentioned in the thread also bring back great great memories, so in a way I'm glad these places have shut because those memories could well be tainted now the way the scene has nose dived to commercial obscurity.

Pleased (Jon Pleased Wimmin) @ Velvet Underground (Thurs nights) circa '94...

Really couldn't be more jealous at this point.

I'd love to have been at the Milk bar where all the Pleased trannies used to dance around being podium trash terrorising everyone. :lol:

Jon Pleased was one of my fave spinners throughout the 90s - he had a really clever knack of making house sound really naughty.

I'd love to have been at the Milk bar where all the Pleased trannies used to dance around being podium trash terrorising everyone. :lol:

I did a cheeky Glam @ Milk Bar night think it was Summer '91, was quite an eye-opener :lol:

Ministry of Sound fridays at Pacha when they had actual "back in the day" Ministry DJs rather than the CD sellers that graced later Ibiza seasons

Perfecto was tremendous

Home at Space too

I remember renaissance Wednesday at pacha and follow on Thursday at space 7am. strictly rhythm night also at pacha on Tuesdays only lasted for 1 season

I bet moneypennys was the bollocks in Ibiza as it was in brum. I know the man very well who started it all off. He has another night running now monthly in brum. I remember doing clockwork orange at Eden 2002? I think it was.

Miss Moneypennies - El Divino
Slinky - Eden/Privilege 2002/2003
Ministry of Sound Big Wednesdays - 2004, what an aweful night this was!!
Lashed - Eden
Sundissential - Pacha
Fantazia - Pacha

Really - I don't remember these? Did move away from their UK sounds?

Fantazia had long moved on from the early rave/hardcore sound by this point, and was pure house, they did a huge one off at Privilege in 98, and then appeared again with a weekly night at Pacha.. I think one of the original owners has got involved with fantazia and they have gone back to their old rave sound, holding regular events in Scotland for some reason!?

As for Sundissential, I think they did 2 seasons at Pacha, in 99/2000 I think, it was hard house, I only went once but I remember hearing stuff like Tony Di Vit - Are you ready, and the dawn there!

As for Sundissential, I think they did 2 seasons at Pacha, in 99/2000 I think, it was hard house, I only went once but I remember hearing stuff like Tony Di Vit - Are you ready, and the dawn there!

Think I've got a Ministry magazine CD from way back when showcasing three nights at Pacha, one of which was Sundissential. Pretty sure Are you ready? Was the last track...

Back