Nice places to visit (in Ibiza) in a car?

is it better to explore the island by car or by scooter? my wife and i will probably visit next year.

is it better to explore the island by car or by scooter? my wife and i will probably visit next year.

Only hire a scooter if you wish to spend the majority of your holiday in hospital. Ibiza is a really dangerous place to explore on two wheels. I see at least one bike accident a day. Get a car.

I am staying in San Antonio 14-21st Oct, wondering if anyone could point me into the direction of a reasonable car hire firm or the best way to hire a car please.
Tracym

Just booked a car yesterday through www.spanish-airport-guide.com and I've got a focus c-max diesel for £88. they are a broker and the car is from centauro. We are going from the 28th Sep to 5th Oct, so I'll let you know how it goes when we get back.

I checked Centauro's web site and they wanted €188 for the same car? So even with the obligatory "pick up full-return empty" scam it's still a great deal.

4 Sleeps to go!!:D:D:D

Just to be clear, Your first price £ 88, that's for 7 days right?

Second price, euros188..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, Your first price £ 88, that's for 7 days right?

Second price, euros188..?

Yep £88 for 7 days. Unless there are any hidden charges, but I've checked the small print and there doesn't seem to be. Although I did pay another £33 pound for insurance to cover my excess but that was optional and I would have paid that anyway whoever we'd got a car from. And like I say going directly through Centauro came in at €188.

3 sleeps to go!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Car-hire

Just got back, thought I'd update. It was £88 with no hidden charges. I had to pay a deposit for the full tank but I got told if I brought it back full I'd get it back and I did. So full marks all round. Car was a bit gutless though but I ain't complaining for that price.

are yountalking of this house:

ztdr8y.jpg

ztdrgy.jpg

ztdrp1.jpg

isn´t it george michaels house :?:

but maybe it will be gone in a few years like some other houses
before and after - because its built too close to the sea :confused: :spank:

i have dreamt i own that house & that view for so many years.......
sooooo jealous..... as its front yard is the best beach in ibiza god damn it! :evil:

"...
Demolition Time

A court in Palma has ruled a house in Cala Conta, part of which was built
on coastal land, will have to be demolished.

However, the owner will not be fined, and if he carries out the work,
the case will be closed.
The public prosecution team had originally demanded the Italian owner of the house
be fined for the staircase, terrace, and launch-pad at the foot of his house
on the cliffs overlooking Cala Conta.

The installations had originally been built by the former owner in 1980,
with the relevant permission from the Town Hall of San Jose.
However, the concession granted only lasted 15 years and was not transferable,
and so when the house was eventually sold to the current owner
the constructions became illegal.

Additionally the new owner failed to ask for an extension to the concession,
which has now expired, and will ensure they are to be demolished.

The huge mansion has housed many famous faces over the years,
including that of Elle McPherson over various summers.
..."
(ibiza-sun)

I honestly can not recommend renting a car highly enough. did it last year and loved exploring! watch out on hiring one and read the small print. There are a lot of add ons (50 euros for petrol etc) which is fine as long as you are prepared.

We hired a car for a day and went to es cubells, cala d'hort, cala tarida etc couldn't have done it without a map. in fact didn't get time to go up north even with the map because we kept getting lost and I've been to Ibiza lots of times and done plenty of research so always use a map if looking for specific things. Don't trust the Tom Tom actually don't pay the extra for it. Also we took the car to a VERY busy night in amnesia During peak peak season. I'd searched the net and found that people on this site advised against it. Well it was very simple to get there from the hotel practically 2 roads, very few other cars were on the road and we got given a parking space right outside the entrance, parking was free and car was intact on exit :)

Also we drove around for miles and miles we had a clio petrol was 10 euros

Back