Nice places to visit (in Ibiza) in a car?

DrewUK said:
Any suggestions folks?

yes - take a map or you will end up more lost than Ibiza-girlie!! :lol:

see you on the road!! :p

kama.gif

I'm quite familiar with the island, but just wondered if anyone knew of anywhere real special

:?:

DrewUK said:
I'm quite familiar with the island
so what road would you take to go s'illa den caldés, es portitxol, puertas del cielo or my favourite beach, aigües margantes?
tongueout.gif

(ibiza is not only the tourist resorts that you know ;) )

I really enjoyed exploring the north coast this year.. we found loads of little beaches that you never thought existed.

I think the best thing to do is jump in the car and see where the road takes you.. we've discovered loads of beautiful sights this way.

McRackin said:
DrewUK said:
I'm quite familiar with the island
so what road would you take to go s'illa den caldés, es portitxol, puertas del cielo or my favourite beach, aigües margantes?
tongueout.gif

(ibiza is not only the tourist resorts that you know ;) )

Not THAT familiar :rolleyes:

I WOULD find those places though, i can find anything :D

you would never find aigües margantes and probably would need a few tries for the others!! :p

good tips Party Girl!! ;)

There are so many drew.

Fond memories for me were;

The road to cala mastella and cala boix........if you keep going to the end of the road, it brings out to a point with a small bay which is just beautiful......incredible views. North East of the island.

Es Figeural and Agua blanca - 2 more beautiful beaches you won't find. They are north east as well.

S'illot des renclis........another beautiful little sheltered beach/bay.....postcard stuff. It's very close to cala xarraca. The coastal drive there is great.

Es Cubells, cap negret - another beautiful spot this time to the south. Some beautiful little bays and beaches around cap negret and perhaps quietest part of the island.

San Miguel......... There is a road which takes you to the top of the point, which is very high above san miguel......can't rememeber the name of the spot, and you get breath taking views over san miguel, the Mediterranean and the north west of the island.

The drive from Cala vadalla to cala tarrida is also very nice.

Don't be afraid to get on some of the dirt roads which take you off the main roads..........thedirt roads take youto sme incredible coastline spots.

Here are some pics of those places from my holiday last year

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3226279&uid=936851&members=1

Where I live when I am in Ibiza is on a road just down from Can Mirador on the way to Calla Bassa. When you go to the top of it, its a well beautiful view but what actually is Can Mirador? It always seems to be closed when we go up there and I always forget my camera!!!! :rolleyes: Any piccys anyone? ;)

Party Girl said:
I really enjoyed exploring the north coast this year.. we found loads of little beaches that you never thought existed.

I think the best thing to do is jump in the car and see where the road takes you.. we've discovered loads of beautiful sights this way.

i think so, but another very nice way to discover ibiza is to leave your car at the begining of a "camino"(small road) and to take 2 fresh bottles of water with you, a map and your feets....you see more things by feet than in your car ;) 8)

dash said:
Party Girl said:

i think so, but another very nice way to discover ibiza is to leave your car at the begining of a "camino"(small road) and to take 2 fresh bottles of water with you, a map and your feets....you see more things by feet than in your car ;) 8)

Yes I agree, however I'm not really much use during the heat (tend to feel sick if I'm out in the sun for too long) and I can get really bad sunburn as I have very fair skin, so the comfort of the car and a/c suits me fine for the summer months. However would definately go on plenty of walks during the spring if I ever visited the island at this time.

McRackin said:
yes - you will never find aigües margantes!!
fing36.gif
hey drew - do you know where it is already? :lol:

our friend tony even asked in another messageboard about it!! :eek:

I have been challenged that I will NEVER EVER find a beach called aigües margantes - can anyone help me prove someone wrong - answers please to: tony@dirtysluts.co.uk

smilies-38886.png

vinylgroover said:
you get breath taking views over san miguel, the Mediterranean and the north west of the island.
all that area is amazing!!
639.gif

in this picture you can see s'illa den bosc (the kind-of-island in front of the san miguel beach -
with the huge mansion) and cap bernat (the funny rock in front of benirràs)!! 8)

Blick%20bis%20Portinax.jpg

vinylgroover - i just noticed that you took a picture from exactly the same place:
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326/936851/3226279/39551380.jpg :eek:

Back