Next Weekend Thread

:lol:

90 mins, 4-3 win, tried to throw it away after going in 3-1 up at half time, but league title on. Resting up for a cup final tomorrow. Missus carbing up for marathon now. Weekend goals current 100% achieved.

Keep the faith!

Well done have a few pints now

Well done to those who did / still doing the Marathon today. I know it takes a hell of alot of effort and motivation to get it done. I'm hoping i'll get a place next year, if not I may just take up the charity route again.

Hopefully a few of you guys will get your name in the hat too :)

These days at 36, I've dropped down to my club's 4th XI. We're Albanian FC, named long ago after St.Alban, the patron saint of my old school (it's an old boys club) and not as the the two reporters who turned up at the clubhouse thought, anything to do with Eastern Europe. We play in the Amateur Football Combination. Here's our current league position, as you've made me feel guilty for depriving you of information:lol::

http://www.amateurfootballcombination.com/Tables/North3.htm

Tomorrow's cup final game is for our Veteran (35+), so at least I won't be spending the game bullying 21 years olds, unlike today.

I play centre midfield in both sides. Is there anything else you would like to know?:p

i think that's just about cleared it up.

one other question, did you win:?:

i think that's just about cleared it up.

one other question, did you win:?:

Won 4-3 on Saturday, so league run-in is shaping up well.

Lost yesterday's final 3-1. Pivotal moment was their striker punching the ball into the net to put them 2-1 up. Linesman said he didn't see, depite being yards away, ref didn't either, other linesman said after he saw it, but didn't want to flag as the the nearer linesman hadn't(?). Crap way to lose.

Won 4-3 on Saturday, so league run-in is shaping up well.

Lost yesterday's final 3-1. Pivotal moment was their striker punching the ball into the net to put them 2-1 up. Linesman said he didn't see, depite being yards away, ref didn't either, other linesman said after he saw it, but didn't want to flag as the the nearer linesman hadn't(?). Crap way to lose.

Hand of god. How did the missus do un the marathon?

Hand of god. How did the missus do un the marathon?

5.5 hours. She's happy enough have finished and raised £2k so all good. Double boyfriend points to me for missing the Arsenal game to go and buy champagne for her, her mum and her sister8)

(Might not have panned out that way if we'd won our final:lol:)

5.5 hours. She's happy enough have finished and raised £2k so all good. Double boyfriend points to me for missing the Arsenal game to go and buy champagne for her, her mum and her sister8)

(Might not have panned out that way if we'd won our final:lol:)

give congrats to the missus. victory parties can get messy

Back