New Years Eve, New Years Day parties & plans

Great night at circoloco last night at o2. Would say clive henry was on top form. Nice deep house all night, was expecting to be some more minimal (which I'm thankful there wasn't). Venue is great, and a great crowd all around in generall.....apart from the gangster types who seemed to turn up due to the area and hearing everyone else mention circo. These guys were macho pushing through the crowds, girls with attitudes, fights almost kicking off in certain areas a couple of times I saw. Bar these idiots, who I would never expect to see at a smaller house night ever again, it was 10/10.

Great night at circoloco last night at o2. Would say clive henry was on top form. Nice deep house all night, was expecting to be some more minimal (which I'm thankful there wasn't). Venue is great, and a great crowd all around in generall.....apart from the gangster types who seemed to turn up due to the area and hearing everyone else mention circo. These guys were macho pushing through the crowds, girls with attitudes, fights almost kicking off in certain areas a couple of times I saw. Bar these idiots, who I would never expect to see at a smaller house night ever again, it was 10/10.

Nice to get the good music and sounds like it was better than many had assumed it would be. Reckon that Circo Loco has lost its old flavour/vibe totally now and is no longer the same kind of thing it used to be, whether in Ibiza or on tour. But you do get lots of good music which is what keeps the interest up so the parties still hold their own - in a different way (different crowd/less fancy dress etc). Local crowds do shape the night, though.. whoever is in charge behind the decks. A London gangsta crackhead contingent is going to bring pockets of unpleasantness to any party !

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the NoFitState party on Dalston on NYD. Had a great time! The venue was Netil House which looks suspiciously like an office block turned into a club venue. Loads of space to dance, not too grimey but still an underground club feel, wicked soundsystem and not too much queuing at the bar. My only gripe was it was sooooo hot in there!! I've not been that sweaty since my raving days. We kept having to go outside for air as it was bordering on ridiculous, our clothes were literally drenched with sweat, nice :lol:

Very impressed with the doormen, bar staff and in general everyone in the crowd. Everyone seemed to be on a really good friendly vibe.

Music selection was spot on, my favourite sets from Julio Bashmore and Geddes.

All in all a good wholesome night clubbing! 8)

lo*kee NYD delivered yet again!

Executed perfectly, let in the right amount of people to prevent the intimate venue from over-heating like last year.

Music was pure vibes from the moment we got in (midday ish) to when it got shut down @ 7pm, the killer blow was that Craig Richards was just stepping up when the music cut & the partA was over. I heard partly down to la policia amongst other things.

Crowd & staff were of the usual lo*kee calibre!

Ended up @ Fabric for WYS where Solomun played his A-game but we bolted early & missed Dj T.

well looks like I'll be continuing the good reports from NYD.

Joris kicked things off at We Love... and he didnt mess about with any warm up music. Straight on to his trademark tech-house sound. The two hours flew by. Groove Armada were good too, I'm ignoring the fact they finished up with Freestyling which was predictable.
Simian Mobile Disco were far better than last year, not sure they shouldve been on last though but it didnt spoil the night.

Ended up at Jaded afterwards which was good fun as always.

Absolutely killing me at work today though :evil:

Tristanbaldock, how was it for you?

Also I'm hearing off the grapevine this was Joris' last set at Ministry and he's moving to Fabric this year.. anyone else heard the same?

I've noticed the likes of Paul Woolford are playing at Fabric too these days so it makes sense I guess

well looks like I'll be continuing the good reports from NYD.

Joris kicked things off at We Love... and he didnt mess about with any warm up music. Straight on to his trademark tech-house sound. The two hours flew by. Groove Armada were good too, I'm ignoring the fact they finished up with Freestyling which was predictable.
Simian Mobile Disco were far better than last year, not sure they shouldve been on last though but it didnt spoil the night.

Ended up at Jaded afterwards which was good fun as always.

Absolutely killing me at work today though :evil:

Tristanbaldock, how was it for you?

Also I'm hearing off the grapevine this was Joris' last set at Ministry and he's moving to Fabric this year.. anyone else heard the same?

I've noticed the likes of Paul Woolford are playing at Fabric too these days so it makes sense I guess

Hey Ferd! Yeah great night, my first time at Ministry and I loved it, that main room sound system is pretty amazing! A shame Joris Voorn was on early as we only saw a little bit of him, what we did see was great though.

Groove Armada were better than I thought they would be, and I really enjoyed SMD.

Did you stay right til the end? Any idea of the name of a tune played right near the end with the lyrics 'You Are My Life' Kind of an acidy, plodding techy tune. Been driving us crazy, need to find it!

Hey Ferd! Yeah great night, my first time at Ministry and I loved it, that main room sound system is pretty amazing! A shame Joris Voorn was on early as we only saw a little bit of him, what we did see was great though.

Groove Armada were better than I thought they would be, and I really enjoyed SMD.

Did you stay right til the end? Any idea of the name of a tune played right near the end with the lyrics 'You Are My Life' Kind of an acidy, plodding techy tune. Been driving us crazy, need to find it!

I know, that sound system needs to be heard to be believed, that bass is still going my body!

Glad you had a good time, didn't think there were too many idiots out, I think most of them went out the night before.

Well mate, you can relive the entire night thanks to be@tv. You need to sign up, but it's free and no hassle at all

http://www.be-at.tv/brands/ministry...ondon/we-love-nyd-2012/simian-mobile-disco.go

You can also see the Joris Voorn set that you missed early on ;) I stayed till the end of course, in fact you can see me near the front of the DJ for most of the night, including after 1h57m or so on SMD's set... trying to dance haha..

Thought the lasers were pretty impressive too, specially through Groove Armadas set.

According to a post on there that tune you're talking about is Larry Heard Pres. Mr White - The Sun Can't Compare - Craig is right

continuing the theme of NYD excellence....

I went the last WHP ( at that venue anyway ) and had a cracker!!

brilliant crowd and though it was sold out it was nowhere near as stupidly busy as it has been so far throughout this run of shows...

Laurent Garnier closed it and standing on the stage looking out at the crowd for the last hour or so was a sight that will live long in the memory.

Back