New Years Eve, New Years Day parties & plans

TM78

currently kicking about ideas for what to do at NYE / NYD.

what your plans?

were thinking about travelling down to manchester from scotland (sankeys for NYE / then WHP on new years day...will have to pay tout prices for WHP though since its sold out.

other option is maybe london...waiting to see fabric lineup for NYE, but the eastern electrics event looks decent.

for new years day...we love @ ministry, fabric, circo loco or hot creations parties. (circo loco probably tout prices since its another we've missed the boat on getting)

any suggestions i've missed? help greatly appreaciated.8)

Waiting to see what the lineup is like for Fabric or Proud2...

Is Circo Loco sold out already? I saw it mentioned that early birds have gone? Bit mad that its sold out already when they havent announce line up or venue yet?

So if nothing good comes out of Fabric or Proud2 NYE, then it will be NYD clubbing, either circo loco or we love

other option is maybe london...waiting to see fabric lineup for NYE, but the eastern electrics event looks decent.

for new years day...we love @ ministry, fabric, circo loco or hot creations parties. (circo loco probably tout prices since its another we've missed the boat on getting)

went to london nye 2010 - Cocoon @ Matter nye and Circoloco @ Matter via Fabric early on new years day.

If I did this again i would just skip new year's eve (fabric nye is poor) and go somewhere early that's still going on new years day - warehouse party, afters or whatever then head somewhere at night.

I've done a couple of New Years Day at Ministry recently..

Last year We Love with Joris Voorn and James Zabiela.. really good, specially Joris.

Sasha a couple of years ago also very good.

I'm also waiting to hear who it is this year.

Much to celebrate this nye... new beginnings all around and waving goodbye to four really challenging years. Phew!

I really want to make sure I'm in a nice spot surrounded by the right people at the stroke of midnight. Couldn't give a monkeys where that is.

NYD = horsemeat disco most probably. 8)

I will be at a mate's wedding in Mumbai on New Years Eve
Sightseeing around the city on NY Day
and flying off to Goa on the 2nd
8)

I should be travelling to London and going to Egg Club for NYE, travelling back NYD as I'm back to work 7am on the 2nd :/

No idea for NY plans, we are away on holiday for 3 weeks in December and don't get back to Brighton until NYE, so definitely want to do something local.

I will be at a mate's wedding in Mumbai on New Years Eve
Sightseeing around the city on NY Day
and flying off to Goa on the 2nd
8)

Nice. I love Goa :D Where are you going John?

I have no idea. Was meant to be with the girlfriend... but as we have split up and no longer talk, I have no plans.

May head down to London. I don't know yet.

NYE - first one in years I haven't been stressing about promoting a night...so local one I think, probably fancy dress house party somewhere is the usual order of the day.

NYD - early train to Manchester. get to the apartment and then head over to WHP for the afternoon/evening/following morning!

Also starting to get the NYE panic about what to do.

I've heard rumours the Fabric lineup will be a killer, but not really fancying it if it's gonna be mega-busy. I need some space to dance!

There's this party in Hackney that I REALLY want to go to. Love Jamie Jones and Lee Foss http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=210150659055558 However advance tickets have already sold out :confused:

If not then Eastern Electrics also looks really good:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?289572

Larent Garnier, Anja Schneider,Tensnake and Horse Meat Disco (is this where you're going Rob?)

I want to book tickets NOW because I always have a rubbish NYE due to lack of planning.

There's this party in Hackney that I REALLY want to go to. Love Jamie Jones and Lee Foss http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=210150659055558 However advance tickets have already sold out :confused:

This is what they published on RA under the link below :

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?305539

"So as to not oversell the venue we are releasing a set number of presales no more than half the capacity of the venue. We will be operating a paying guest list system for entry on the night, please go to www.hotnatured.co.uk where you can be added to the list. And we shall see you on the dancefloor."

However the website directs you to a FB event page where you're invited to leave your e-mail address so as to be notified of further ticket releases. There's no mention of guest lists there - it all looks very inconsistent actually .. the sort of mixed messages and hedging of bets that's all too frequent these days !!!

I hate NYE and have never really had a great one in a club tbh. Im happy with beers and dinner with mates

NYD on the other had is where the fun is.

I'm thinking Ministry or Fabric for NYD, never been to Ministry and pretty desperate to check it out. I imagine we love.. will put on a pretty good line up too?

Last year was DC10 which lived up to it's usual hedonistic self.
This year I am off to Costa Rica on 1st Dec but will prob be on a boat in the Eastern Caribbean for a couple of weeks Xmas and NYE.
Not putting too much hope on NYE as the captain of the boat did a similar trip about 5 years ago... they were out around the isolated Cayes of Belize for most of Dec ...... Decided to go to Placencia for NYE and arrived on the evening of 30th (so they thought). Whilst asleep on the boat they heard what they thought was someone testing some fireworks and making some noise in the night.
When going ashore in the morning for breakfast they asked the waiter at the bar what the plans were for that night. He looked at them with amazement '' Jeez Mon, you guys are hardcore..'' ....Turns out they had counted the days wrong and missed NYE the night before.

I'm thinking Ministry or Fabric for NYD, never been to Ministry and pretty desperate to check it out. I imagine we love.. will put on a pretty good line up too?

They say ...

"We'll have Joris Voorn, James Zabiela and Simian Mobile Disco bringing a masterclass in house, techno and technical wizardry to the Box, while the 103 bar will play host to We Love residents Mat Playford and Jem Haynes along with Loop Recordings partners Ian C and Martin 'Smut' Wood."

Fabric will be WYS (WetYour Self) on NYD. TBH neither night blows me away in terms of lineup though Joris Voorn should be good @ MOS - he's really on form this year. Zabiela's a bit of a love-hate thing - despite his infectious enthusiasm and larger-than-life performance I thought his musical rendition was rubbish at Global (some friends dissed his performance at WHP too) though he has his fans and if you're in the mood for a way out live set, he might hit a spot...

When going ashore in the morning for breakfast they asked the waiter at the bar what the plans were for that night. He looked at them with amazement '' Jeez Mon, you guys are hardcore..'' ....Turns out they had counted the days wrong and missed NYE the night before.

dazed & :confused: .. so laid back they missed NYE :rolleyes: :lol: take it this isn't a diving trip :eek: ...

Back