Morning (After) Clubs in London...

👀

That's a great bit of writing mate.

Those times were quite something. I distinctly remember the moment when I'd travelled a long way to an after party with a young lady I'd met, to a part of London so southern eastern it was probably Kent, that I had a Sunday afternoon realisation. Not only had I stayed too long on this particular adventure, but it was a microcosm of the whole thing. It was over for me and I had indeed insisted on not letting the dream die, when it had already croaked it's last. (In fitting fashion, the chemical brain thought this was a genius revelation, at the time!:lol:)

Thanks B. A lot of fun writing that 🙂

Yeah I heard about that boat. Sad news. A lot of the Spanish expats in London met up there to watch Barça games. (@Ferd ?)

Great article! I only moved to London in 2013 so I think I missed some of the crazy afterparties that used to be in East London. One place that I've been to that's great for after parties (usually after bank holiday events at Fold or Number 90 like Art of Dark, Cartulis or Half Baked) is Star Lane. It's a pizza bar near Fold. Highly recommend it!

I enjoyed reading that. Not a scene I ever got involved with being a visitor to London for nights at Lost etc and not having the time to carry on the next day. I did have some good nights at The Key for parties put on by Ben Sims though and you paint a vivid picture of a point in time or scene. Great point about pre smartphone days.

Back