Morning (After) Clubs in London...

Firstly, I'd like to add that almost definitely JoJo's is off I'm afraid. BUT It is back for a one-off on New Years Day which is sure to be a winner.

I went to the Temple, and TBH, It wqs like torture.

Far far far far too much sunshine, and the crowd there just went from the wierd to the nasty and everything in between.

The Vinopolis is within spittting distance of London Bridge. The last MM/Kinky etc do I went to was at London Zoo this summer. One of the best nights out of the year by far, although dissappointingly it eneded really early (3ish), and the after-party was at Canvas(bagleys :x :evil: )

Ithink I'm probably going to the kinky/Moneypennys/etc do next week. Cant wait.

See y'all there. I guarantee it will be a good do. real hands-in-the-air atmosphere. WooHoo

x-amount said:
Firstly, I'd like to add that almost definitely JoJo's is off I'm afraid. BUT It is back for a one-off on New Years Day which is sure to be a winner.

I went to the Temple, and TBH, It wqs like torture.

Far far far far too much sunshine, and the crowd there just went from the wierd to the nasty and everything in between.

The Vinopolis is within spittting distance of London Bridge. The last MM/Kinky etc do I went to was at London Zoo this summer. One of the best nights out of the year by far, although dissappointingly it eneded really early (3ish), and the after-party was at Canvas(bagleys :x :evil: )

Ithink I'm probably going to the kinky/Moneypennys/etc do next week. Cant wait.

See y'all there. I guarantee it will be a good do. real hands-in-the-air atmosphere. WooHoo

you're going on the 6th??? See you there :p Look out for me seeing as I dont know what you lok like and I owe you a drink.....its free bar aint it! :rolleyes: Does me a favour :p

cookie said:
Went to a works party there a few years ago, it's a cool venue - quite swanky big arches. I think pushca did a party there a while ago too.

I went to that Pushca and then the afterparty at Cynthias/Club Wicked.

Top night out

meaow said:
yay!an after party on new years day!london beware ill be :eek: on a mission! :D

Are you in FLT on News Years Eve Missy :D Where abouts ;)

It would so be rude not to go to JoJos wouldn't it :lol: :p ;)

FAo anyone out tonight - There is apparently a few people putting on a do at The Scene in Old Kent Road.

It opens at 5, and closes its doors at 6:30 :eek: :confused: , but will stay open to 12am.

I know the music will be the finest Funky House, but apart from that, I don't know much about it.

x-amount said:
FAo anyone out tonight - There is apparently a few people putting on a do at The Scene in Old Kent Road.

It opens at 5, and closes its doors at 6:30 :eek: :confused: , but will stay open to 12am.

I know the music will be the finest Funky House, but apart from that, I don't know much about it.

Sounds good but got a date with the Little Hatted One, are you not there Dan :D

Barbie said:
meaow said:
yay!an after party on new years day!london beware ill be :eek: on a mission! :D

Are you in FLT on News Years Eve Missy :D Where abouts ;)

It would so be rude not to go to JoJos wouldn't it :lol: :p ;)

yeah ill be in flt!not sure where yet.either the cross or pacha for glitteratti or maybe a house party.if jojo's on ill def be up for that!hehe.then i got work on 2nd for 7days straight! :eek: :confused:

meaow said:
yeah ill be in flt!not sure where yet.either the cross or pacha for glitteratti or maybe a house party.if jojo's on ill def be up for that!hehe.then i got work on 2nd for 7days straight! :eek: :confused:

I think it's The Cross for us, spent last 2 NYE @ Pacha and had fab time but fancy a change of scenery for this NYE.

See you outside JoJos at 7am :lol: :p ;)

Barbie said:
x-amount said:

Sounds good but got a date with the Little Hatted One, are you not there Dan :D

Fraid not.

Post Hijack here

Isnt this weekend just one of those weekends where theres about 50 wicked things you could go to?

I mean for christs sake, I'm already missing a family friends Engagement do, My mates playing at the Glasshouse, I'm then going to the end. But i'm missing :( Little Louie Vega at Ministry, Fatboy slim at turnmills, I daren't not even look at Pacha or the Cross :(

So my night looks like Glasshouse, then The End, and then The Scene.

The bad, the good and the ugly, in that order. :D [/b]

djcherni said:
As an aside, Toronto has a notorious hellhole of a disco called The Comfort Zone (aka The Den of Iniquity aka the Haven of Hedonism) filled with pharmacological hijinx and sketchcases galore but also home to the chunkiest, rawest, funky/prog house I have ever heard...

good description ;)

dance4life said:
djcherni said:
As an aside, Toronto has a notorious hellhole of a disco called The Comfort Zone (aka The Den of Iniquity aka the Haven of Hedonism) filled with pharmacological hijinx and sketchcases galore but also home to the chunkiest, rawest, funky/prog house I have ever heard...

good description ;)

dance4life - you've been to The Zone? So I take it you have seen the legendary Deko-ze in action... he is my fave dj... never seen anyone create the vibe like he does.

Madam JoJo's may soon be no more....

They are icons of the West End - one a louche nightclub and the other a hangover from Soho's seedy past. But now both Madame Jo Jo's and the Raymond Revue Bar could be turned into a new superclub and restaurant.

Millionaire restaurateur Mark Fuller is understood to have plans that could spell the end of the road for the two Soho nightspots.

The takeover of the Raymond Revue Bar in particular - a long-running strip club - would see one famous old Soho name disappear.

Mr Fuller, the man behind West End venues Sugar Reef and Red Cube, is one of several possible buyers of both venues. He confirmed he is "looking at the financial viability of buying three adjacent properties". The other is said to be the Escape bar.

The plan would involve combining all three to create a new venue. This would house a 150-cover restaurant with a 500-capacity club. According to Restaurant magazine, the venue has been provisionally named "Angel".

Fuller says he became convinced of the need for such a major new venue when running another nightclub, Embassy - a Mayfair venue he launched two years ago. "Embassy is a bespoke restaurant and we found we were turning non-members who wanted dinner and dance away at weekends," he said. "We want to open something a bit more fun."

Garry Hollihead, who runs the kitchens at Mr Fuller's other restaurants, will be Angel's executive chef, and the menu is likely to feature so- called Pacific Rim food.

But the deal is not yet sealed: West End entertainment licences are notoriously hard to come by and there is expected to be stiff competition for the leases. Adam Ratzker, of Shelley Sandzer property agents, which is

selling the Raymond Revue Bar, said the venue is attractive because of the 4am licence that comes with it.

He said: "If you get the right planning permission from Westminster council to combine all three venues, you could make an awesome club of about 12,000sq ft."

The freehold of all three buildings is owned by Paul Raymond - though he no longer runs the strip club that still bears his name.

The deal would involve buying three leases for a seven-figure sum but would still involve paying ground rent to Raymond.

The charge for the Revue Bar alone would be about £275,000 a year.

Madame Jo Jo's opened as a transvestite cabaret in Soho in 1983. But it was re-launched in 1993 under new management - and featured a new show that appealed to a wider audience. It became a haunt for office parties and hen and stag nights, and was used as a setting in Stanley Kubrick's film Eyes Wide Shut.

The Raymond Revue Bar was the UK's first legal nude show when it opened in 1958. It has recently been subject to intense rivalry from lapdancing clubs such as Spearmint Rhino on Tottenham Court Road and Stringfellows.

Yes (when I actually make it out that is).

...after hours is always much better than the main bit and has the potential to be much healthier too.

Example = Trade (still the original and best) go to bed early, get up around 5 for a vodka breakfast. Arrive looking fresh when everyone else is sweaty and munted. Enjoy the car crash viewing while you get in the zone...and (best bit) leave at closing time with no sleep deprivation.

strictly 'bank holiday specials' for me only now - although the rival allure of someone's settee and the contents of that box on their coffee table usually offers stiff competition

the london fields on NYD was brilliant

not sure if the old blue last are still doing the easter ones - comedy always assured there in the past

the daddy of the morning parties was possibly the royal oak on colombia road. Indescribable scenes :eek: on a sunday morning - very sad when that went gastro

honourable mention to bar 54, (414 in brixton haha ) upstairs at herbal & the key (rip) and the egg garden - all just memories now - no photographic evidence of any kind, even the people I used to go with have all disappeared. Maybe it was all just a dream?

royal oak on colombia road

It's for the best. :eek:

Also loved the first few parties Bastard Batty Bass did at the Old Blue. 8)

Only addition = Trailer Trash carry ons at the Dolphin on Mare St.

Anyone remember Golf Sale in Hoxton Sq? (Sunday nighter not an after hours) - absolutely legendary. :twisted:

Back