More "delightful" antics on flights from the North of UK to Ibiza

That's where I flew from and no it wasn't dry this time, despite rowdiness at the airport and on the plane. Also some folks couldn't wait their turn for the drinks trolley and were up buying cans ahead of others getting served. :spank:

Aye, there's a name for they folk mate :p:D

So how are the flights this year? Surprised the flight from Prestwick wasn't dry this year, given booze was banned last year.

Just got an email saying all hand luggage will be searched for booze so I'm assuming the flight itself will be dry. Flying from prestwick tomorrow.

there are armed police at every UK airport. why don't they intercept the yobs before they board? completely unfair that decent people should be denied a drink, especially if they're nervous flyers

Just got an email saying all hand luggage will be searched for booze so I'm assuming the flight itself will be dry. Flying from prestwick tomorrow.

Bloody hell, that's a first! Really doesn't bother me to be honest - I more than make up for it when I'm there! :p;)

Different areas do say things in different ways, but 'can i get..?' remains incorrect in terms of standard English. If you use it in a public place/shop/bar etc anyway. It's ok if you use it at a friend's house,for example, as in 'can i get a glass of water?' (meaning can you go and get it yourself).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14201796
No 1 on the list and the contributor lives less than 10 miles from me!

The broad Lancashire accent and dialect is not one I would normally associate with Americanisms :D

I'll stand by my comment about the structure of the sentence not intending to be rude!

Got the same e-mail last year - they were checking in the queue before boarding and taking any duty free bottles from people. They stuck them in the hold and gave them back on landing I think.

It differs with the accent I suppose, I'm full blown black country and we dont even say our sentences in English (from an outside perspective)

Back