More "delightful" antics on flights from the North of UK to Ibiza

The night flights with 18-30s type package deals are by far the worse. People always buying vodka from duty free in the airport and hammering it on the plane. Gets rowdy very quickly. Bellends.

One of the reasons I pay a little more and get on a flight that leaves at a reasonable time, not much rowdiness on the 1200hrs flight from London city!

That and the false economy of paying a bit less to arrive in the middle of the night and either waste an evening you could have been out having fun or pay for an extra night in your accommodation.

Fortunately I live in Germany so fly in from Frankfurt, which is infinitely more civilised than the one time I was unfortunate enough to fly from Gatwick with the usual pissed dickheads.

My flight home to Gatwick late on Saturday evening was delayed because some twat was carted off by the police for misbehaving on the outbound flight

One of the reasons I pay a little more and get on a flight that leaves at a reasonable time, not much rowdiness on the 1200hrs flight from London city!

Since when did the departure time of a flight stop a committed drinker getting bevvied? I always ensure I have a pre-flight bevvy, even if that means 5am pint at airport. :twisted: I always behave myself, though!

Since when did the departure time of a flight stop a committed drinker getting bevvied? I always ensure I have a pre-flight bevvy, even if that means 5am pint at airport. :twisted: I always behave myself, though!

Ha! Johnny Vodka, I don't doubt it!

They are slowly banning alcohol on flights to Ibiza. I expect this to continue.

Last edited:
In the 20+ years over flying to Ibiza (2 to 3 times per year) Ive never seen any aggro at all and the majority of my flights are from Newcastle with the odd cheaper one from Leeds Bradford. Often boisterous and spirited Staff parties but never any 'real' trouble:p

What is just about tolerable in a night club can be far more worrying in a tin can in the sky with only a few air hostesses to intervene!

And other groups of pissed up people will usually just make matters worse. Tbh it's the safest thing for the airline staff.

Can I also just add that on top of the 'pissed up cretins' being a pain in the ass....surely we should be stamping out the hideous act of clapping upon aircraft touching down on the Ibiza runway *MASSIVE CRINGE* :eek:o_O no! Just NO!!

WHY have I only just seen this post? If I could like this a thousand times, I would!

It's the pilot's MOTHERFVCKIN' JOB to land that plane, why do people clap? WHY

WHYYYYYYYYY

Can I also just add that on top of the 'pissed up cretins' being a pain in the ass....surely we should be stamping out the hideous act of clapping upon aircraft touching down on the Ibiza runway *MASSIVE CRINGE* :eek:o_O no! Just NO!!

Anyone who claps should be instantly herded to a David Guetta party at Ushuaia and forced to listen to him for 24 hours until a lesson has been learned (failing that, four hours at Ocean Beach Club)

Back