Mobile phones in clubs

To be honest I don't give a f*** about what the dj is doing cos I'm normally facing the other way dancing with friends/making new friends geeking off gurning sweating and having a good time.
I just think it looks shit when you see a sea of people using phones taking pictures of the dj, facing him like he is some kind of celebrity, that's not my idea of clubbing.

I know you weren't complaining

But they do it, not sure if they are filming the crowd filming them or just taking videos of their sets....but it happens a lot

Dont see anyone moaning about it on here though, ok they may not be right in front of you but they are still taking pics (with you in them ) and videos on their phones

I don't think DJs should be filming crowds etc they are meant to be working.

last wednesday at Paradise we were dancing at the 2nd row and enjoying Roman Flugel's set when Adam Beyer & Ida arrived in the dj booth. Suddently a tall bearded guy pushed us and stood still in front of us and filmed 10 mn without moving. He wasn't dancing, nor smiling or enjoying the moment. He was just filming to show his friends he was there with some "known" djs. He annoyed us so much I also took my phone out with full force torch on close to his face, acting just like him. He ended up leaving. I was rewarded with a pair of glasses with a penis by the 2 gays behind me who came like good people of DC10 to enjoy their night.

I have no problem with a quick (<2mn) video or a picture to keep a memory but the long videos/live facebook broadcast/snapchat are a real nuisance. BeAtTv do a better job than you, morons. And don't start me with the people texting/checking on their FB on the dancefloor.

BeAtTv do a better job than you, morons. And don't start me with the people texting/checking on their FB on the dancefloor.
Be careful what you say young Klink,The defender of the mobile/camera brigade is watching and he will shoot you down if you carry on with Those choice of words.;)

Be careful what you say young Klink,The defender of the mobile/camera brigade is watching and he will shoot you down if you carry on with Those choice of words.;)

No need to defend when you write stuff like " I don't give a fook what the DJ is doing Iam normally facing the other way " ... Course you are Gutboy, course you are

Yes that's right defender of the mobilians I have no interest in what the dj looks like just what he plays. As for the gutboy I much prefer just plain old guts if we are gonna go down the name calling route too. Bit ironic that my childhood nickname is far from what I look like now but maybe that's because I've spent half my life sweating my t&ts off with the odd gurn here and there dancing to house music.
:confused:

Last edited:
Didn't realise you were such a delicate bloom guts, I will leave you to blow smoke with ya leader on the " Secret Forum " :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No carry on I'm enjoying the attention from you too much. Might even choose you as my leader from now on!;)

I know you weren't complaining

But they do it, not sure if they are filming the crowd filming them or just taking videos of their sets....but it happens a lot

Dont see anyone moaning about it on here though, ok they may not be right in front of you but they are still taking pics (with you in them ) and videos on their phones

Thanks to USB-sticks and pre-recorded sets they have enough time to spent on silly things.
Okay, better than standing around bored on a stage where they don't belong.

Actually pleasantly surprised how few people seem to be filming the closing party on their phones, from the online feed. Assuming all the phone-addicts have gone to bed! :lol:

Understand people taking the odd pic/video, especially when Pep was speaking as a reminder, or of their favourite track, but doing it constantly is a no-no. Carl Cox's closing party looked really bad for it. Just bloody dance, people!

Actually pleasantly surprised how few people seem to be filming the closing party on their phones, from the online feed. Assuming all the phone-addicts have gone to bed! :lol:

Understand people taking the odd pic/video, especially when Pep was speaking as a reminder, or of their favourite track, but doing it constantly is a no-no. Carl Cox's closing party looked really bad for it. Just bloody dance, people!

I'm equally amazed at the number of people live reporting from a club as filming it. When you're totally banjaxed how can you even see the phone screen!?

I took 5 photos on my trip a few weeks ago, 5. A customary sunset one, one of me and the wife in Amnesia and 3 at Afterlife as I am trying to buy all the same shirts as Dixon and grow a 'tache like Kristian/Ame. The dancefloor is total escapism for me, no worries, no work just music and journey into sound. Put your recordings/selfie sticks away.

Back