Missing...

It sounds a bit like Ibiza in peak season in some ways ...

- nights on end without a bed

- overcrowding

- charged for your most basic human needs like drinking water

..... they should be right at home :idea:

Another article from 1997 detailing the women's prison this time: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-02-02/news/9702020255_1_peruvian-prison-lima-hostage-crisis

After reading about Peru prison's for an hour I'm now severely depressed for the girls.

I've read some online comments saying that life working abroad is so hard and you really struggle for money and so it's understandable why they were tempted. This is a load of crap. I've been hospitalised and unable to work in Ibiza, spent two summers absolutely broke, but I was never tempted to traffic drugs, no matter how bad it got. I don't think selling drugs ever would cross my mind. They are both either just plain stupid or greedy for the money offered to them or enjoyed the lifestyle of associating with big coke dealers!

two idiots, so lets not waste any more sympathy on them. (i do find it hilarious that they might've been caught due to the irish girls folks issuing an appeal to locate her though...you could hardly make that up!

no doubt will be a big sob story in the daily record or scottish sun this week about the girl from lenzie, being tricked, being naive.....please let my wee girl serve her time in corton vale:rolleyes: :oops: (at our tax paying expense)

Defo sounds fishy.

Girl disappears for 2 weeks from working in Ibiza, and ends up in Peru.

Im pretty sure thats not a cheap flight either.

if there has been a misunderstanding, id love to hear the story.

Feel sorry for the family of the girls, must be a terrible time for them.

I see the Daily Fail has finally jumped on board with its own reportage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-locked-Peruvian-jail-cocaine-smuggling.html

It does look like they flew up to Cuzco first - presumably makes 'em look like tourists ! They've probably not eaten in several days on account of having to buy your own food in jail !

Looks very much to me like they agreed to do it - they'll have to have a blooming good story to claim they knew noting about it and even then the fact they were caught in possession is pretty much guaranteed to lead to some time in Santa Monica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps - tho' free coke is often accepted without any appreciation of quite how unscrupulous the characters dishing it out often are. Said it before and I'll say it again you can make as many excuses as you like for cocaine - it's virtually become 'normalized' these days when it was very much in a category of its own with smack in the past - but for whatever you may get out of it, never brings anything but grief in the end.

Cocaine equates to increased ego, arrogance and sense of invincibility - and in certain circumstances it may as well be a truth drug (if you know what I mean !). Sniff round this a bit too much (or sometimes even a bit) and there will eventually be a big price tag - in all sorts of ways. It fuels downfalls far more often than enlightenments. Just a shame so many falling foul of the wrong side of it at such a young age.

What Kimajy says^^^

You walk into any house party, normal pub, sitting at sports/music events, club or rave and it's pretty normal to see people doing coke. Because of what it's done to close friends I try to stay away from it. Hard woith the amount flying round.

Surprised how short a sentence they'll get, obviously 7 years isn't nice in them condition but do able. How can these people not have seen 'Banged up abroad'?

Few rumours from the island today from people who lived in the same accommodation block as them in the bay. From rumours (which lets face it are often heresay but still quite entertaining) they did it for 11k each..... And a lot of people knew they where in Peru before the arrest came about and the Facebook missing campaign started.

The only naive part I can see is them thinking they would get away with it. I can't see any way they have been 100% tricked or forced into it. If you read all the other stories of people a similar age in Peru for similar offences they all did it for money after being told everyone had been paid off in the airport and they would get through easily and being told they had much less drugs on them than they actually did.

Back