Ministry of Sound vs Housing Developers

Trade's last party was the most intense thing I've ever experienced in 20-odd years of raving. :eek:

But no - please don't close the Ministry. :cry:

Just have one massive closing party weekend with all the big names playing all night (mainly danny t) and be done with it.

:lol:

As much as i like the sound of that idea (apart from the Danny t bit ;)) I dont think thats a good enough reason to shut it :lol:

This club is practically the only one left in london with a large dancefloor playing decent house / tech-house (voorn, fanciulli, toolroom knights etc)

Only suitable other venue I can think of is Cable

Just have one massive closing party weekend with all the big names playing all night (mainly danny t) and be done with it.

The end closing party has become the stuff of legends and so could the mos closing party.

So was the turnmills closing party. :)

It's also an interesting question...where would the nights go?
The Gallery, Toolroom Knights, et al?

Well, it was 2pm by that point :lol:

The gallery closing party (the final friday it was open) still is the best night out I've ever had.

Fair enough.
Went to the end once...wasn't that impressed, but it was a weekday night.

Trade was at Turnmills - I missed the End's closing. :cry:

Went to a few in that series but had something important on for the finale.

Sad loss for London. :cry:

Spotted self :oops:

Trade really was special because of the community aspect tho. I've never known a club like it - definitely the London equivalent of the Paradise Garage. So many people met, lived and died on that dance floor (given that it was during the HIV doomfulness - certain people became noticeable by their absence - very sad). Will London ever be that good again??? Possibly but not in my lifetime.

On another note - how was Ministry Ferd? Gonna pop in for the Sunday installment before work. (not quite sure how I'm going to survive Monday but remains to be seen.)

I am going on Sunday too with a few- I suppose all clubs have their day in a way unfortunately through the good and bad. The Minus nights will help the street cred of the club, but on RA it almost never even mentioned anymore which is a pity.

Clubbing has changed a helluva a lot now. It seems now the trend is to watch a DJ, rather than attend a night it seems. Just a thing I've observed.

I never went but that was probably why Trade and all that were so good because people went for the night and not necessarily for De Vit.

I am going on Sunday too with a few- I suppose all clubs have their day in a way unfortunately through the good and bad. The Minus nights will help the street cred of the club, but on RA it almost never even mentioned anymore which is a pity.

Clubbing has changed a helluva a lot now. It seems now the trend is to watch a DJ, rather than attend a night it seems. Just a thing I've observed.

I agree with you about people now generally going more for the DJ than the night, but i think that's also the sign of the times when people can't afford to go out every week these days and probably have to chose one night in every 3 or 4 so will be looking for nights they know they will definitely enjoy.

To be fair to MoS, they have pulled in some decent DJ's off late with not bad street cred.

David Squillace, Seth Troxler, Matthias Tanzmann have all played recently or are due to play, and these are all Circo Loco regulars, plus the usual WLS rooster of Voorn, Fanciulli etc..

I just think some people are put off with the big brand and what it might stand for.

How was it yesterday anyway? Robder seemd to have a good time

I just think some people are put off with the big brand and what it might stand for.

Bizarrely I'm not - I find the history of the venue really inspiring.

RUBBISH door policy though - no wonder it's usually packed full of gimpoids. (not last night though thankfully)

I have some videos (a lot, actually) of the last every Gallery night at Turnmills, and some from the club closing party as well. Will upload them at some point.

Haven't been to MoS in awhile now, i miss going weekly. :(

Back