ministry of drugs

Shirley they didn't think the free ice poles and vicks kept everyone going did they???

:lol:

re: the alcohol / e thing - I do accept everyone has their personal preference, all I'm saying from personal experience is that you don't get deep in the juju and feel the warmth of those loops, chords and acid breakdowns and high-five random Italians in front of you and hug pillars and then talk about that moment in time for YEARS afterwds.... on the back of a few hoffmeisters. There is an obvious reason why people play roulette with their health, risk arrest or incurring the wrath of bouncers, spend inordinate amounts of time & money plotting illicit activity on a mass scale - it's all about experiencing unbelievable sensations you would never get any other way short of a premium-strength orgasm and that is why so many people do it..

I'm not saying drugs are bad or that clubbing/music isn't fun with them. Obviously not the case for many.

Just that it's possible to enjoy both on booze alone if need be...hands-in-the-air moments and all... but I suppose it does take a little more stamina and belief that it's no better or worse (just different) than if you were on something stronger...

Yer I can def see the appeal still on the euphoric side, as I think I've said on here before though, one big reason why I don't indulge anymore is the thought of being one of the people who end up in hospital, or worse, and the stigma attached to that and the thought of my family and friends and work colleagues hearing that I'd been taking drugs, it all sounds a bit too tragic and the sort of thing you hear about happening to an irresponsible teen, I'm also a bit more concious of what I could actually be taking as you never quite know what your getting!

yeah im starting to get out again too. Been keeping low key after the wedding and then the better half decided to decorate the bedroom.

Its great thanks mate. She wanted to go to the artichoke for a carvery so that where we went!

you agreed!!!

An eccie head will spend $4 on a bottle of water and keep filling it in the toilets all night, whilst an alchoholic will blow his weeks wage at the bar.
Not to mention all the bad media that comes with the overdoses at venues and ****.

People want everything clean now.

That's why they charge huge admission fees. Many people will have a few beer along with their drugs anyway.

I don't think people stop doing drugs just because they're older and have more responsibilites, although they may do them a bit less. Clubbing, dance music and ecstasy are intrinsically linked. If you were to erase ecstasy from history, I seriously doubt you'd have the club scene there is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but alcohol has had just as strong if not a stronger association with music over the years.
(assuming you're not including booze as a drug, which essentially it is, of course)

It does but id say that illicit substances have a lot stronger link to music in general. opiates where the Blues and jazz musicians drug of choice back in the early 1900. moving on to Coke and LSD as the century moved on to Rock in its various forms. You could argue that psychedelic rock like pink Floyd owes everything to Lsd. Its the same as E and house music, you can enjoy the music with out anything but the 2 go had in hand, Trance especially is designed for e.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always find it quite interesting to try things out of context

taking an E at a bullfight a few years back (fuk me!) or smoking ganja at the Ajax stadium with the most chilled football fans I ever met

recall wishing I could score some microdots after my apocalyptic night at Space last year - sadly in vain - was in any case lovely swimming in the sea outside still fairly spangled

It does but id say that illicit substances have a lot stronger link to music in general. opiates where the Blues and jazz musicians drug of choice back in the early 1900. moving on to Coke and LSD as the century moved on to Rock in its various forms. You could argue that psychedelic rock like pink Floyd owes everything to Lsd. Its the same as E and house music, you can enjoy the music with out anything but the 2 go had in hand, Trance especially is designed for e.

If this is the case, which I wholeheartedly agree, what is happening with dance music nowadays? K and coke seem to be the main drugs on the scene. Is this affecting the dance music/clubbing?

If this is the case, which I wholeheartedly agree, what is happening with dance music nowadays? K and coke seem to be the main drugs on the scene. Is this affecting the dance music/clubbing?

I also agree. Drugs have always gone hand in hand with music. Like Rob says, even from back in the 50's through the 60's and 70's... everyone was off their rocker! :lol: I can't see the music scene ever "cleaning up".

Personally I dont think Coke hasn't affected the music recently but I think K has been responsible for the minimalist turn in music

It is imo. K is a very introspective drug which it is very easy to overdo and turn into a zombie for an hour. It can kill the atmosphere instantly. Imo K is one of the reason that the whole minimal scene got so popular. Just as Trance is desigend to make you rush, Minimal is the soundtrack to a k hole.

It is imo. K is a very introspective drug which it is very easy to overdo and turn into a zombie for an hour. It can kill the atmosphere instantly. Imo K is one of the reason that the whole minimal scene got so popular. Just as Trance is desigend to make you rush, Minimal is the soundtrack to a k hole.

I'd be tempted to say that K has a detrimental affect on the clubbing scene, and quite a few of my old-time clubbing friends also agree. In the past people used to be rushing, arms in the air, happy, smiley etc etc and now with the majority of clubbers doing K it does seem to make the general atmoshpere more sullen, introspective... more people just monging out in clubs as opposed to dancing!

I've been on a few nights out with youngsters who've just been clubbing a few years where K is the drug of choice, some don't touch anything else! And they are basically sitting/lying on a couch the whole night in a hole. Doesn't really seem like clubbing to me.

Of course, those people who love the stuff probably have a different opinion to me, but since K became the norm I've definitely seen a change in the clubbing atmoshpere!

Personally I dont think Coke hasn't affected the music recently but I think K has been responsible for the minimalist turn in music

Id say that it Coke is another insular drug so its all about me me me when you are on it where as e is about feeling at one with your fellow man.

I'd be tempted to say that K has a detrimental affect on the clubbing scene, and quite a few of my old-time clubbing friends also agree. In the past people used to be rushing, arms in the air, happy, smiley etc etc and now with the majority of clubbers doing K it does seem to make the general atmoshpere more sullen, introspective... more people just monging out in clubs as opposed to dancing!

I've been on a few nights out with youngsters who've just been clubbing a few years where K is the drug of choice, some don't touch anything else! And they are basically sitting/lying on a couch the whole night in a hole. Doesn't really seem like clubbing to me.

Of course, those people who love the stuff probably have a different opinion to me, but since K became the norm I've definitely seen a change in the clubbing atmoshpere!

What i was trying to say but written better ;)

Agree strongly...coke is for w@nkers (me included when on it)...and k is the most boring drug experience available.

Anything more than a sniff is a complete downer - and it's definitely responsible for making music dull. The same thing happened in America - as soon as Ketamine hit, music got all dark & tribally and there was much less of the hands in the air fluff.

Agree strongly...coke is for w@nkers (me included when on it)...and k is the most boring drug experience available.

Anything more than a sniff is a complete downer - and it's definitely responsible for making music dull. The same thing happened in America - as soon as Ketamine hit, music got all dark & tribally and there was much less of the hands in the air fluff.

Im the same mate. ;)

Read Party Monster for every reason not to take K! ;)

You should come to trance it up at the gallery Friday we can put our arms in the air and wave them like we just dont care all night!

Back