ministry of drugs

The Ministry is full of kids which is one of the reasons why I never go.

...that kind of refutes your theory. It's also full of munters. :lol:

Rightly or wrongly House music and drugs are linked and will always be.

If anything from what I have read use off illegal substances is on the up. Its simple economics the demand has gone up so more people are selling them, the more people selling drugs the cheaper they get. Prices have fallen dramatically since 1988 in the uk.

The so called war on drugs was lost a long while ago.

Robder is right Ministry is full of fresh faced kids all off their faces most nights.

A lot of that crew are still in touch. Then Palumbo came in and everything changed... the place lost its soul, ...

Did Palumbo not establish the MOS?

I appreciate the anti mail thing - :lol: at the bouncers being black and white note, but i'm not getting where the anger here is directed (apart from naked age!).

Story is man owns club, people took drugs. This was controlled by criminals. The owner did not like it and called the police. It still happens but he does not go anymore.

Tony Wilson at the Hac, James Barton at Cream - all had issues with the doormen running the trade that led to massive police raids in both cases. Wilson in particular was vocal about the problems of gangs in Manchester.

So...ignoring that it's the mail - whats the problem?

Did Palumbo not establish the MOS?

I appreciate the anti mail thing - :lol: at the bouncers being black and white note, but i'm not getting where the anger here is directed (apart from naked age!).

Story is man owns club, people took drugs. This was controlled by criminals. The owner did not like it and called the police. It still happens but he does not go anymore.

Tony Wilson at the Hac, James Barton at Cream - all had issues with the doormen running the trade that led to massive police raids in both cases. Wilson in particular was vocal about the problems of gangs in Manchester.

So...ignoring that it's the mail - whats the problem?

it's just his overall dishonesty and the total hypocrisy around the fact that he indirectly owes much of his own personal fortune to that very drug culture...

Gosh I can't stay awake past 10pm without the aid of some sort of chemical.
I can't go to sleep before 10pm without the aid of some sort of chemical :lol:

Friday nights are hard because you get up early for work but I can usually make it until at least 7 if I'm having a good time. Saturdays are easier as I've usually slept half the day so 9 is doable. Beyond that it's Red Bulls and I've got to keep dancing or else I start to yawn uncontrollably :lol:

I really don't buy the argument that you have to do drugs to enjoy house music and clubbing as I do it every week on several liters of beer. :confused:

I really don't buy the argument that you have to do drugs to enjoy house music and clubbing as I do it every week on several liters of beer. :confused:

It's not an 'argument' to buy tho, it's just personal preference. I know a guy who can listen to house at home, in the car & in a bar completely unaided. But he tells me that to stand in a dark room with a load of strangers for 6 hours, there needs to be a bit of artificial euphoria otherwise he would end up back on his couch as it really does, in his experience, improve it all no end. And thats a fact - he tells me.

it's just his overall dishonesty and the total hypocrisy around the fact that he indirectly owes much of his own personal fortune to that very drug culture...

yes but no but

evidently from reading posts from Morb's, Naked Age etc there is a significant wedge of people who do not take them. You can't expect the guy to close his business down as people such as you and my mates perhaps feel the need to indulge.

No i agree with the last sentence Morbs.

I have been out many a time though and just had a booze instead. More scarey though how bad some people actually dance though as you tend to notice it more. Not saying for one moment I am a mover in anyway!!

Just for me both music and drugs go hand in hand. Even cod liver oil for our old knees Morbs.

Sadly (or happily) even if i'm indoors listening to music it can sometimes end in carnage often reserved for festivals etc!!

Someone else said it earlier going back to when there was no alcohol served in clubs and raves. Shirley they didn't think the free ice poles and vicks kept everyone going did they???

It's not an 'argument' to buy tho, it's just personal preference. I know a guy who can listen to house at home, in the car & in a bar completely unaided. But he tells me that to stand in a dark room with a load of strangers for 6 hours, there needs to be a bit of artificial euphoria otherwise he would end up back on his couch as it really does, in his experience, improve it all no end. And thats a fact - he tells me.

Exactly. What is good for one isnt good for the other.

Drugs and music have always had strong links. From the blues through Rock and roll and now with Dance music.

That may be true John and I dont need anything to enjoy good music.

Last edited by a moderator:
How we doing fella?

I was over your way on Sunday for the old dears birthday

Yes mate all ok thanks. Been bit low key after week in Spain start of June.

Start getting silly now it's July as my birthday soon which involves month long celebrations.

How's you and married life mate?? Did you go out for her birthday or just visiting??

Yes mate all ok thanks. Been bit low key after week in Spain start of June.

Start getting silly now it's July as my birthday soon which involves month long celebrations.

How's you and married life mate?? Did you go out for her birthday or just visiting??

Yeah Im starting to get out again too. Been keeping low key after the wedding and then the better half decided to decorate the bedroom.

Its great thanks mate. She wanted to go to the Artichoke for a carvery so that where we went!

Spot on. Some like it. Some don't.
I agree, each to their own, I'm going to sound like a to**er now but been there done that, enjoyed it when I was in my teens and am glad to have the experiences I have but I'm also glad I stopped before I started to damage my health. I still absolutely love my dance music and believe it or not that in itself makes me feel euphoric. When I was dancing on the podiums in ibiza last year I'm sure lots of people would think I was on drugs but I wasn't even drunk (too expensive), I just love my music. I appreciate that I can't stay up all night anymore but that's because of other committments, when on holiday (and therefore with no committments) I happily stay up till 7am but on a normal weekend I can't afford to spend all day Sunday in bed. I definately don't miss come downs. I agree with Naked Age in that I am health concious now and whilst I'm happy for others to take drugs, I'm also happy for clubs to keep them to a minimum.

Drugs and music have always had strong links. From the blues through Rock and roll and now with Dance music.
Yes, but alcohol has had just as strong if not a stronger association with music over the years.
(assuming you're not including booze as a drug, which essentially it is, of course)

Yeah Im starting to get out again too. Been keeping low key after the wedding and then the better half decided to decorate the bedroom.

Its great thanks mate. She wanted to go to the Artichoke for a carvery so that where we went!

Got anything lined up for the summer?? Apart from the pint at SW4 you will no doubt be getting me.;)

Missus keeps going on about going there funny enough as we ain't been up there for ages. I'm not a great lover of the gaff but it's ok. Was it busy? Usually pretty rammed up there.

Back