ministry of drugs

What is surprising is how the drug dealers can openly advertise and sell drugs on the streets in broad daylight. There were 7 dealers on one street who were happily selling their goodies, with a surveillance camera right above them. I watched a police car stop right across the street from them. Two officers got out and talked to a woman who had her scooter stolen. They took her details, got back in the car and drove off. The dealers come right up to you and are very persistent in selling their gear. A waste of money in some cases as security at some clubs is strict. e.g. At Ushuaia everyone is body searched before they can enter and their stash is taken off them.

I think the general view of the authorities is, there are far too many dealers and customers to handle, so they go after the drug dens and suppliers instead, (makes sense) rather than waste all their time, budget, and paper work and all of their officers to patrol the streets every hour of every day. There just isn't the resources to do it. It reminds me of Britain during WW2 when Germany tried to sink all allied ships entering the country and try to starve Britain into surrender. Much like the war on drugs in Ibiza. Stop it entering the island in the first place and the number of dealers and customers will reduce. I don't know if that would affect the number of clubbers each year. A lot of them don't take drugs, but they like to know the option is available.

Trouble is most people don't know what they are taking, and when something isn't strong enough (or they don't realize it takes a few minutes to take effect) they overdose. I saw a group of guys inhaling a red balloon on the beach and passing it around. What the heck is that all about?

Trouble is most people don't know what they are taking, and when something isn't strong enough (or they don't realize it takes a few minutes to take effect) they overdose. I saw a group of guys inhaling a red balloon on the beach and passing it around. What the heck is that all about?

People really overdose because they think something should only take a few minutes to take effect?

Red balloon will be laughing gas. Popular amongst the younger British youth. Entry level stuff I think, but someone with more experience with it could describe better as not something that is of interest to me.

It's like when your missus has a natural birth and takes gas and air for the pain . Instead it's 100 percent nitrous so twice as strong in theory . comes in a small canister which are usually made for whipping cream in the catering business . In my experience (many years ago ) the taste reminds me of squirting whipped cream from your fridge as a kid . But the sensation is relaxing and euphoric but mild .

i know they are crass and destroying campsites in uk festivals but every now and again a good balloon is bonkers fun.like the strongest experience ever for like 15 seconds. but its like 3 times a year sorta thing pour moi

I think the general view of the authorities is, there are far too many dealers and customers to handle, so they go after the drug dens and suppliers instead, (makes sense) rather than waste all their time, budget, and paper work and all of their officers to patrol the streets every hour of every day. There just isn't the resources to do it. It reminds me of Britain during WW2 when Germany tried to sink all allied ships entering the country and try to starve Britain into surrender. Much like the war on drugs in Ibiza. Stop it entering the island in the first place and the number of dealers and customers will reduce. I don't know if that would affect the number of clubbers each year. A lot of them don't take drugs, but they like to know the option is available.

I think the general view is, we have absolutely no chance of stopping or even hampering the drugs trade in ibiza, so lets go knock some heads together and get some easy pickings so it at least looks like we are doing our job.

From the UK drug czar report a few years ago:

The position of ecstasy near the bottom of the list was defended by Prof Nutt, who said that apart from some tragic isolated cases ecstasy is relatively safe. Despite about a third of young people having tried the drug and around half a million users every weekend, it causes fewer than 10 deaths a year. One person a day is killed by acute alcohol poisoning and thousands more from chronic use.

Suppose Ibeefa knows better though.

From the UK drug czar report a few years ago:

The position of ecstasy near the bottom of the list was defended by Prof Nutt, who said that apart from some tragic isolated cases ecstasy is relatively safe. Despite about a third of young people having tried the drug and around half a million users every weekend, it causes fewer than 10 deaths a year. One person a day is killed by acute alcohol poisoning and thousands more from chronic use.

Suppose Ibeefa knows better though.

Ibeefa is on the windup man. There's no way that's a real person.

i know they are crass and destroying campsites in uk festivals but every now and again a good balloon is bonkers fun.like the strongest experience ever for like 15 seconds. but its like 3 times a year sorta thing pour moi

I've done a few balloons that have elevated me to another plane of reality when done with other narcotics and when the music is just right. Only lasts a few seconds, as you say, but oh my!

I only use occasionally. What I don't understand is the current trend to plough through them like nobody's business. Hardly a budget option considering the duration of the high. And never gonna be as good sitting in your front room whilst watching the soaps.

Back