Midsummer's Weekend

Nice one, Gazza.
For all their shortcomings, you all are still so lucky to have those low-cost carriers for quick trips like that.

your mum's only 20 years older than morbyd.

haven't thought about this weekend yet.
She's only 20 years older than ME!
The weekend went much better than I expected- my nephews were remarkably well behaved. Could have done without some of the maniacs on the M6 trying desperately to squish me on my bike on the way up and way back :evil:

Sat - Travelling for Leeds for a mamouth "Leo Sayer" going where the flow takes us. Calvin Harris is on with Juan Kidd but I think it will be too rammed? Staying at a hotel called Mint - Mint!

How was Leeds?

Furthermore, all talk of age should be banned from this forum, it's simply bad manners......

Knowing I am old enough to be the father of many posters on the forum is not at all pleasant:oops::(

Check you out :lol:

Sounds like it will be a good crack anyway :D

It was actually really good! Really good crowd and we had a right laugh....

Was quite a few McFly groupies who had travelled down from up north! That was quite funny to watch them slowly edging towards the one from McFly (who I didnt even recognise when he was standing next to me getting a drink!) :lol:

How was Leeds?

Furthermore, all talk of age should be banned from this forum, it's simply bad manners......

Knowing I am old enough to be the father of many posters on the forum is not at all pleasant:oops::(

I agree dang kids should respect their elders and hope they live as long as us.

Not been on here for a while as I've been on hol in Cyprus.
Turned 25 on Friday and celebrated that with a day on the beach followed by a meal and drinks with my best mate,cousin & their work friends.

Didn't do much else all weekend other than relax by the pool.

Got home at 6am this morning...back in work at 8:30 :cry:

Turned 25 on Friday and celebrated that with a day on the beach followed by a meal and drinks with my best mate,cousin & their work friends.

Blates woulda booked the day off :eek:

That is hardcore!

I personally woulda called in sick....

'I think i caught a bug whilst on holiday' :lol:

*adopts old man voice*

What do they make you kids of nowadays? He's probably had a nice relaxing week and a kip on the plane back. Why wouldn't he go to work?

That is hardcore!
:lol:

It's not THAT big a deal.

I always take the red-eye flights back from London, Ibiza, etc. That way, you don't lose valuable daytime.

You get 3-4 hours of sleep on the plane, arrive around 5 in the morning, quick taxi ride to the center as there's no traffic yet, then go back to sleep for a couple of hours and get to the office around 10-11.

Just did it from Venice when I got back 2 weeks ago.

You youngsters just don't know how to manage your time and your stamina appears to be sadly lacking :twisted:
Now, when I were a lad......:lol::lol::lol:

I also like how it seems to be those of us approaching 'the age that shall not be spoken of' that are lecturing the younger members of the forum and shaking our heads in an admonishing manner much as no doubt our fathers used to do when we used to come in absolutely hanging from a good night out!

For several years my weekend used to run from 17:30 on Thursday until approx 06:00 on Monday morning (work on Friday was always a general annoyance, as was Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday was ok as it was the weekend :D).

For several years my weekend used to run from 17:30 on Thursday until approx 06:00 on Monday morning (work on Friday was always a general annoyance, as was Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday was ok as it was the weekend :D).

I was the same I call Friday Poet day P1ss off Everyone today is Friday.

i did get about 3 hours kip on the plane... work was't all that bad and i even fit in a gym and swim after too.

Night flights followed by the usual routine are definitely the way forward. Even if i looked like death from no sleep nobody noticed as my tan is that good :D

Bilbao, loved it. Highlights:

- The Guggenheim, Frank Gehry building. Amazing.
- The food and drink. Pinchos culture, help yourself to elaborate and lush tapas at the bar
- The cost of living, glass of rioja about a quid, typical Pinchos (lets say a squid, stuffed with pepper and cheese, sat on a slice of ham, on a piece of bread8)) about £1.50.

Not a negative as such, but its prob best just for a weekend, not a massive amount to do there. £55 return all in from Manchester at the moment.

The basque region in Spain is famous for it's food. San Sebastian is also a great place to eat. Going there in a few weeks can't wait.
Pleased you had a nice time

Back