Miami 2009 WMC

stephen121

Me and a mate are thinking off going to Miami for the Winter Music Conference.....

Is anyone else thinking of going??

or

Have any of you been and got any tips/advice? is it anygood???!!??

Thanks!

If i will save enough funds by then so i might make it to WMC 2009.

There's still a few months until i can start considering going.

winter music conference announces 2009 dates:

march 24 - 28, 2009

more details

I just got this e-mailed to me and am trying to book some rooms now.... if anyone is thinking of going let me know. ;)

Winter Music Conference Announces 2009 Dates

Winter Music Conference
March 24 - 28, 2009
Miami Beach, FL

***For Immediate Release***
Friday, October 17, 2008
Music Happens in Miami Beach, March 24 – 28, 2009 at the 24th Annual Winter Music Conference.

Last year, 2,211 artists and DJs participated in over 537 total events presented across the greater Miami area during WMC week. Founded in 1985 as a platform for the advancement of the music industry, the WMC program includes seminars, meetings, receptions and parties throughout the week with personalities and innovators from all aspects of the business worldwide. Q&As and technical hardware/software demonstrations will be highlighted each day. Last year's program featured 227 panelists and speakers participating in more than 80 meetings, seminars, workshops and demonstrations. Overall more than 62,000 participants and 3,726 delegates from 70 countries attended, making it the largest industry program of its kind in the world. Expect an even larger turn out for 2009.
Highlights of the 2009 program will include the IDMA’s (International Dance Music Awards), also in it’s 24th consecutive year, where the music business converges to honor the achievements of industry, artists and innovators in 50 categories. Voting will begin in November.
WMC will also present the 2nd edition of South Beach Sessions, a bold new perspective on the traditional WMC panel program. Founded on the principles that make music compelling – individual expression, empowerment, creative thinking and collaboration – the program’s mission is to create greater exposure for artists and ideas. South Beach Sessions explores new inroads where music and art are flourishing and making a courageous difference in the world. Pioneers in music, art, fashion, technology, business, education, the environment and more convene for one of the most inspiring and epic programs of the week.
WMC 2009 will host the 3rd edition of the Record Collector’s Show - an international hub for buyers, sellers and traders of rare and collectible vinyl, tapes, and music memorabilia which assembles the best record dealers and features some of the rarest music in the country.
Listed below are contacts for performance & DJ participation, panels, marketing/sponsorship opportunities and press relations, so you can now begin planning your participation at WMC 2009 and take advantage of early registration, marketing and hotel discounts while they last.

Don’t miss out on a legendary Winter Music Conference week in Miami Beach.

Registration and Hotel Info
info@wintermusicconference.com
call (954) 563-4444
Artist Relations
events@wintermusicconference.com
call (954) 563-4444
Press
press@wintermusicconference.com
call (954) 563-4444
Marketing & Sponsorship
marketing@wintermusicconference.com
call (954) 563-4444
Panels
panels@wintermusicconference.com
call (954) 563-4444​

WMC Office:
3450 NE 12th Terrace
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Phone: (954) 563-4444 * Fax (954) 563-1599
Email: info@wintermusicconference.com
WinterMusicConference.com

Probably. It's an expensive few days no matter what. I have fancied the idea of this a couple of times even suggested it as part of a honeymoon as it would have been one of the only ways off getting a pass to go then realised that I had to take her with me!:lol:

Probably. It's an expensive few days no matter what. I have fancied the idea of this a couple of times even suggested it as part of a honeymoon as it would have been one of the only ways off getting a pass to go then realised that I had to take her with me!:lol:

Nice thinking :lol:

I would love to go there just to see what its all about, just not sure if its worth going for the Music Conference or not (just because of cost etc etc)

Nice thinking :lol:

I would love to go there just to see what its all about, just not sure if its worth going for the Music Conference or not (just because of cost etc etc)

I halve always wanted to go Miami anyway. However the conference I can imagine far too many look at me brigade there! P Diddly had the right idea for his after party - dress code for women - high heels and bikinis! I most certainly won't be allowed to that!:lol:

Do all the hotel prices go up for this time of year?

Yes!! If you want to stay in South Beach or Downtown you have to book ASAP! Rates are already going up in to the $400-500 range for SOBE. The cheapest hotels I've found anywhere in the area are mostly in Fort Lauderdale or by the airport. Since the hotels just all found out the dates yesterday they are all going to be changing their cancellation policies for those dates (mostly non-refundable), so if you can at least book a room now where it's not non-refundable and then if you have to cancel later it's not a big deal (that's what I'm doing).

The tickets are pricey too BUT if you think about it, it's a good deal for what you will see . Tickets haven't been released yet, but when you do you can choose what parties you want to go to. The biggest and best if Friday and Saturday night for Ultra in the park downtown. I believe this will be around $130 for the two day event. All the big DJ's will be there.

Yes!! If you want to stay in South Beach or Downtown you have to book ASAP! Rates are already going up in to the $400-500 range for SOBE. The cheapest hotels I've found anywhere in the area are mostly in Fort Lauderdale or by the airport. Since the hotels just all found out the dates yesterday they are all going to be changing their cancellation policies for those dates (mostly non-refundable), so if you can at least book a room now where it's not non-refundable and then if you have to cancel later it's not a big deal (that's what I'm doing).

The tickets are pricey too BUT if you think about it, it's a good deal for what you will see . Tickets haven't been released yet, but when you do you can choose what parties you want to go to. The biggest and best if Friday and Saturday night for Ultra in the park downtown. I believe this will be around $130 for the two day event. All the big DJ's will be there.

I might have to PM you for some holiday advice for next year as you know all about Florida/Miami :lol:

i spent as much $ for wmc this past yr as a did a 2 week vacay in ibiza. so i think i'm gonna skip it. it's going to be nice to not have to freak out about booking so early. if ur thinking about going, you should be researching/booking now. clubplanet usually has good info. the Ultra party is a must.

Yay roll on WMC. I remember writing tips in the WMC topic last year, might be worth searching for that.

re: Miami 2009 WMC Reply to Thread

My flight is booked...I'll be there from the 24th to 28th, but I haven't confirmed any accomodations yet...need some room sharing participants.

A trick I've learned over the years for guaranteeing entry into an event...buy your tickets in advance at www.WantTickets.com. They start posting event tickets sometime in late January/early February. You can have your tickets mailed, or pick them up at Will Call.

Off the tickets topic, if your staying anywhere near the intersection of Ocean Drive and 7th/8th/9th avenue where that TGI Fridays is, don't buy booze at any of the corner stores there. A 6 pack for Corona will cost you $12US. Take a 5 minute walk, go West towards Washington Ave, hang a right on Washington Ave and walk about 3 blocks north. There's a liquor store that sells 6 packs of Corona for $6US. Corner stores anywhere near the main strip are major rip offs for everything. Booze, pop, snacks, etc. Go to Wallgreens and stock up on that stuff and you'll save a lot of money.

I'm going to WMC 2009!!!
Booked my flight and hotel (in Collins Avenue) a few weeks ago and i'm so there from 24/3/09 - 31/3/09.
Who else from here is coming?

avoid like the plague

full of vacuous Americans, murderous Cuban bouncers and Morillo enthusiasts

would rather spend a week sat under eastenders Heather on a bed of nails

All booked, roll on sunshine!

avoid like the plague

full of vacuous Americans, murderous Cuban bouncers and Morillo enthusiasts

would rather spend a week sat under eastenders Heather on a bed of nails

:lol: I find it's just like Ibiza, there's great people and places if you know where to go.

All booked, roll on sunshine!

:lol: I find it's just like Ibiza, there's great people and places if you know where to go.

agreed.

im from NY and everyone from NY goes down there and I manage not to see ANY of them :lol: just like ibiza, certain djs/parties bring in certain crowds

if u go, lets say, to a morillo party a PVD party and Viva music(lawler) party.. you'll experience a different vibe and crowd at each one.

check their website.. wintermusiconference.com for a ful list of events and you'll see that theres many options for non-stuck up-spikey haired-muscleman-music loving people like us :D

Back