Miami 2009 WMC

A trick I've learned over the years for guaranteeing entry into an event...
buy your tickets in advance ...
forget it - this "trick" doesn`t work.
if it`s full it`s full and they won`t let you in -
it`s definitely NOT like ibiza ...

agreed.

im from NY and everyone from NY goes down there and I manage not to see ANY of them :lol: just like ibiza, certain djs/parties bring in certain crowds

if u go, lets say, to a morillo party a PVD party and Viva music(lawler) party.. you'll experience a different vibe and crowd at each one.

check their website.. wintermusiconference.com for a ful list of events and you'll see that theres many options for non-stuck up-spikey haired-muscleman-music loving people like us :D

http://www.wmcon.com/

i dont understand....??? they hold events which you need to buy tickets for right?
so if you bought you're tickets early then you are guaranteed entry...???
or am i wrong???
its bullsh*t i know...but the fact is that you or anyone else for that matter turning up at 'space' waving a pre-booked ticket doesnt mean squat!!..my pal was in the same position a few years back,when he got to a club (space)during the wmc and couldnt get in...the doormen just blocked the doorway & said "tables only"!!..i think he said the minimum table limit was $u.s1,500!!they literally had a handheld credit card swipe machine,and made any interested fools queue up and one by one swiped their cards for the amount to see if they could afford it!..if it went through you were then 1,500 out of pocket and taken to the v.i.p area which i believe is the size of an aircraft toilet!!!...

Space Miami has indeed a very bad reputation, to the point that many people won't go there no matter who's playing. Not all clubs in Miami are the same though but it's still good to be early, and a presale ticket will defo make it much easier to get in to most places.

Shine @ Shelborne seems to have some great lineups again.

The Shelborne Beach Resort Partners with DJ MAG for WMC 2009

The Shelborne Beach Resort announces WMC 2009, and their partnership with Djmag UK the clubbing expert with magazines in 10 countries. The weeklong events bannered “DJMAG at THE SHELBORNE”, will include daily and nightly events, poolside and in club Shine with special workshops, and networking in “The Lounge” this year. In addition Wantickets.com has expanded into the Ocean Room, an air conditioned space large enough to accommodate the overwhelming lines last year. The registered guests of the Shelborne will receive, free admittance to all events as extra value to their room packages for the week. Book your room online at http://www.shelborne.com or via our Reservations Department 800 327-8757 or 305 531-1271.

"DJmag at The Shelborne will be the epicentre of 2009's Winter Music Conference in Miami. Jointly, we're pulling out all the stops to make sure The Shelborne will be rocking to the biggest - and most exciting - DJs all week. With pool parties, club nights and DJ workshops, this is the place to be to get up close and personal to dance music's brightest stars." says Lesley Wright Editor, Djmag.

“ We feel it is a great opportunity for us to try new ways of entertaining our guest, visitors and locals who come to the Shelborne during WMC. Our goal is to create an industry and consumer friendly networking place,” adds Jonathan Cowan, Managing Partner, The Shelborne Beach Resort. Events will be TUESDAY – SUNDAY this year. The list of artists confirmed for day and night parties as of press time is: David Guetta, Danny Tenaglia, Hernan Cattaneo, Darren Emerson, Jonathan Peters, Fedde Le Grand, Sasha, Sander Kleinenberg, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Dubfire, Anderson Noise, Gui Boratto, Steve Lawler, Axwel, Steve Angelo, Sebastian Ingrosso, Way out West (Live) and Legendary DJ Jazzy Jeff. More Artists and DJ’s to be announced.

In addition, The Shelborne also welcomes back Wantickets.com. “This year the Wantickets.com Lounge will be located in the “Ocean Room”, located above the lobby (on the front mezzanine level). This room is nearly 4 times larger than the ticket pickup location last year, allowing customers to wait in the air conditioned hotel environment with easy access to the Shelborne front bar or the Djmag Lounge while waiting. Wantickets will have ample staff and new technology, allowing customers to print their nightclub ticket orders upon pickup with their credit card and ID from one of the designated computers located in the store. Tickets for WMC nightclub events will also be available for purchase on site, for all events that are not sold out in advance,” says Rebecca Sin, Senior Operations Manager

Here's some confirmed parties

thur. 3.26

s & d @ mansion
hernan @ shine
lawler @ space

fri. 3.27

pvd @ space

sat. 3.28

sasha @ shine
morillo @ LIV
porter @ BED
calderone @ park west

Last edited by a moderator:
Space Miami has indeed a very bad reputation, to the point that many people won't go there no matter who's playing. Not all clubs in Miami are the same though but it's still good to be early, and a presale ticket will defo make it much easier to get in to most places.

Shine @ Shelborne seems to have some great lineups again.

The Shelborne Beach Resort Partners with DJ MAG for WMC 2009

The Shelborne Beach Resort announces WMC 2009, and their partnership with Djmag UK the clubbing expert with magazines in 10 countries. The weeklong events bannered “DJMAG at THE SHELBORNE”, will include daily and nightly events, poolside and in club Shine with special workshops, and networking in “The Lounge” this year. In addition Wantickets.com has expanded into the Ocean Room, an air conditioned space large enough to accommodate the overwhelming lines last year. The registered guests of the Shelborne will receive, free admittance to all events as extra value to their room packages for the week. Book your room online at http://www.shelborne.com or via our Reservations Department 800 327-8757 or 305 531-1271.

"DJmag at The Shelborne will be the epicentre of 2009's Winter Music Conference in Miami. Jointly, we're pulling out all the stops to make sure The Shelborne will be rocking to the biggest - and most exciting - DJs all week. With pool parties, club nights and DJ workshops, this is the place to be to get up close and personal to dance music's brightest stars." says Lesley Wright Editor, Djmag.

“ We feel it is a great opportunity for us to try new ways of entertaining our guest, visitors and locals who come to the Shelborne during WMC. Our goal is to create an industry and consumer friendly networking place,” adds Jonathan Cowan, Managing Partner, The Shelborne Beach Resort. Events will be TUESDAY – SUNDAY this year. The list of artists confirmed for day and night parties as of press time is: David Guetta, Danny Tenaglia, Hernan Cattaneo, Darren Emerson, Jonathan Peters, Fedde Le Grand, Sasha, Sander Kleinenberg, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Dubfire, Anderson Noise, Gui Boratto, Steve Lawler, Axwel, Steve Angelo, Sebastian Ingrosso, Way out West (Live) and Legendary DJ Jazzy Jeff. More Artists and DJ’s to be announced.

In addition, The Shelborne also welcomes back Wantickets.com. “This year the Wantickets.com Lounge will be located in the “Ocean Room”, located above the lobby (on the front mezzanine level). This room is nearly 4 times larger than the ticket pickup location last year, allowing customers to wait in the air conditioned hotel environment with easy access to the Shelborne front bar or the Djmag Lounge while waiting. Wantickets will have ample staff and new technology, allowing customers to print their nightclub ticket orders upon pickup with their credit card and ID from one of the designated computers located in the store. Tickets for WMC nightclub events will also be available for purchase on site, for all events that are not sold out in advance,” says Rebecca Sin, Senior Operations Manager

Here's some confirmed parties

thur. 3.26

s & d @ mansion
hernan @ shine
lawler @ space

fri. 3.27

pvd @ space

sat. 3.28

sasha @ shine
morillo @ LIV
porter @ BED
calderone @ park west

prog dinosaur convention in other words ;)

ie AVOID

Pre sale tickets dont gaurentee entrance anywhere to my knowledge.

In August, tickets for F**k Me Im Famous we're selling for 120EUR in Ibiza and only gaurenteed entrance if you got there early! Pacha dont keep tabs on how many tickets are sold.. they just sell as many as pos and then if too many are sold... people dont get in!

I cant see why this would be any different in Miami!!

In August, tickets for F**k Me Im Famous we're selling for 120EUR in Ibiza and only gaurenteed entrance if you got there early! Pacha dont keep tabs on how many tickets are sold.. they just sell as many as pos and then if too many are sold... people dont get in!

obscene.

yep...thats about the size of it..the best thing you can do as someone has already suggested,is arrive at (any) club in good time!

anybody going to wmc should immediately take advantage of this offer:

only 10 (in words: TEN) $
for the pacha-party @ the shelbourne-hotel !!!

"...
Pacha Ibiza Classic Saturday -
WINTER SPECIAL Limited Time $10
presented by Shelborne Beach Resort
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Pre-Sale Tickets Price: $10.00
A $2.00 non-refundable service charge will be added to each Pre-Sale Tickets ticket.
The service charge covers credit card and processing fees.
..."

this bargain is probably only available for a few days !

http://www.wantickets.com/affiliate...ssic_Saturday__WINTER_SPECIAL_Limited_Time_10

forgive my hearsay and all but does everyone not have to mill around outside until being picked as good looking enough & if you are so inclined are sweets nigh on impossible to locate?

and lots of blokes called randy high fiving?

... does everyone not have to mill around outside
until being picked as good looking enough ...
did you watch too many studio54-movies ?
t4v4ub.gif

forgive my hearsay and all but does everyone not have to mill around outside until being picked as good looking enough & if you are so inclined are sweets nigh on impossible to locate?

and lots of blokes called randy high fiving?

:lol:

has anyone ever met anyone from the UK called Randy? The torture they'd have had at school...

Back