Mephedrone Rumour

Dirk

I heard a rumour the other day that the recent rise in Mephedrone use is government led. This is a top secret trial to see if a legal alternative to drugs reduces crime and/or reduces use if there is a constant supply (much the same as hash and Amsterdam)

I at first thought this was nonsense, but the more I think about it I feel there could be some truth. SWIM has advised that they cannot remember the last time they or their friends purchased anything else because they are guaranteed purity, which is something they werent getting before. I can imagine for a lot of people business is poor.

Your thoughts?

They could've trialled it with something that doesn't make you smell like cat piss. I'd still put it down the people being clever with legal drugs and everyone jumping on the badnwagon as it is good and cheap.

Well they could have stuck it on the Class A list by now if they had really wanted to, so you never know.

Personally I don't do drugs (bar some very occasional weed), but I see no problem with it remaining legal. In fact I'd be all for a wide range of drugs being legalised, cut out the criminal element, and tax it like cigarettes and Alcohol, which are proven to be more dangerous than a lot of class A's.

Sounds like a total BS rumor if you ask me.

I think before long mephedrone will be illegal and you will see prices rise and purity drop just like with the other delinquents.

Sounds like a total BS rumor if you ask me.

I think before long mephedrone will be illegal and you will see prices rise and purity drop just like with the other delinquents.

^

when the plant food gets banned, where will people turn next......

I think Meph has opened up the floodgates for all sorts of proper legal drugs to be sold. Before it was sh!tty pills filled with caffeine or other rubbish, plant food was the first stuff available legally that was on a par (in fact better) than most available illicit drugs.

The fact that you could pay £50 for 5g of pure, quality gear as opposed to £30-50 for one gram of mud/chop etc, which was probably less than 50% pure, meant that as soon as anyone into that lifestyle caught on, it was obvious which they would choose.
Purchasing something off the net legally which was a lot, lot better than what you could get from your local dealer was/is massively appealing.

The websites selling meph are already starting to peddle other gear similar to it, and i think as soon as the plant food is made illegal, something else just as potent will take it's place.

I'm sure the government will crack down on it in time, but i reckon we've got at least 2 or 3 years of high quality legal drugs at our disposal, let's make use of it! :)

With regards the original post's conspiracy theory, it's an interesting one, and easily believable, but i would hope the government would provide us with a drug slightly less damaging to one's nostrils :lol:

I think Meph has opened up the floodgates for all sorts of proper legal drugs to be sold. Before it was sh!tty pills filled with caffeine or other rubbish, plant food was the first stuff available legally that was on a par (in fact better) than most available illicit drugs.

Don't agree with this at all. The Ohms series of legal highs were out years ago and were way better than any of the illegal chemicals on the street. Especially the purple ones.

Shame the company stopped producing them a couple of years ago.

Once something is made illegal there will always be something produced to replace it. It's just about how good it is. Guy at the barra's in glasgow goes trips to thailand and the likes to seek out new stuff every year. He's a good guy to knwo to get some party prescriptions.

Don't agree with this at all. The Ohms series of legal highs were out years ago and were way better than any of the illegal chemicals on the street. Especially the purple ones.

Shame the company stopped producing them a couple of years ago.

Once something is made illegal there will always be something produced to replace it. It's just about how good it is. Guy at the barra's in glasgow goes trips to thailand and the likes to seek out new stuff every year. He's a good guy to knwo to get some party prescriptions.

Fair enough, maybe i should have stressed that it's the best legal stuff i've ever had. Maybe there has been better stuff in the past, but amongst the people i know, meph has replace coke as the 'always in your pocket' drug. It's a massive epidemic in Cornwall, i imagine it's probably worse everywhere else, but i would say i now know more people 'on' meph than probably any other drug since i've beeen into the scene.

I heard a rumour the other day that the recent rise in Mephedrone use is government led. This is a top secret trial to see if a legal alternative to drugs reduces crime and/or reduces use if there is a constant supply (much the same as hash and Amsterdam)

Totally bizare.

I was thinking this very same thought last week and discussed with a buddy at the weekend who agreed it sounds plausible. It would certainly be a much easier alterntive to decriminalising existing drugs (which will probably never happen).

It is in process of being banned, it was on the news 2 weeks ago

Parliamentary questions about the potentially-lethal narcotic were tabled by Welsh MP David Jones after he read how tragic teenager Max Llewellyn slipped into a deep depression and hanged himself after experimenting with the Ecstasy-style party favourite – known on the street as meow meow, MCAT or meph.

At just £5 for half a gram, the cut-price high is cheaper than alcohol.

And after only three years it has reportedly become clubland’s fourth most abused drug.

Shadow Wales Minister Mr Jones, who represents Clwyd West, brought up the issue in the House of Commons this week.

He said: “I was taking on a theme developed in Wales on Sunday because it’s a significant issue in North Wales in particular.

“There have been reports from Flintshire that kids as young as 14 have been using it.”

After quizzing home secretary Alan Johnson about the substance – which can be snorted or popped as a pill – he was assured the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs was treating the issue as an “absolute priority.”

Mr Jones said: “The advisory council is due to report on it next month and I very much hope that it will be banned.

“But as the Home Secretary rightly said it is not just the substance, but the family of substances that need to be included, because manufacturers tend to just change the chemical substances a bit and then you go through it all again.”

Max Llewellyn started using mephedrone last December.

Less than a month later he was found hanging in a forest seven miles from his home.

A few locals in the pub do this. I just laugh at them.

I have never done drugs (Apart from weed in Amsterdam) and don't need to. I can dance and party all night in Ibiza on just water if I like. It's the music that keeps me going.

A few locals in the pub do this. I just laugh at them.

I have never done drugs (Apart from weed in Amsterdam) and don't need to. I can dance and party all night in Ibiza on just water if I like. It's the music that keeps me going.

you can get weed in England too you know, or is that too naughty for you...

Totally bizare.

I was thinking this very same thought last week and discussed with a buddy at the weekend who agreed it sounds plausible. It would certainly be a much easier alterntive to decriminalising existing drugs (which will probably never happen).

I've been saying that with my friends too. Its the perfect opportunity to run a test to see the repercussions.

Like the original post says, I dont know anyone who goes to a dealer these days.

interesting theory but I think the truth is unfortunately slightly more mundane

Professor Nutt's dramatic sacking and the walkout that followed meant the advisory committee was briefly thrown into chaos and so a lot of its agenda was postponed until the new team was settled in

you can be sure however that at some point either side of the election plant food will get whacked and in a form that closes loopholes allowing the sale of other related compounds

stock up now, kids....

Back